Sunday's got the short end of the stick

'ning

Woke up early so off for a run to retrieve the stuff I left on the top of a hill yesterday.
Which will be interesting as I've got a stinking cold still.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    'ning

ride cafes mince pie laze bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    oxoman said:

Morning All. More DIY after family taxi duties to away match for young oxo. Did you find your stuff Thistle, you did well running in the dark.

Same here, collecting the coach and some players to muddy my car nicely 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Morning All. More DIY after family taxi duties to away match for young oxo. Did you find your stuff Thistle, you did well running in the dark.

Yes, exactly where I left them.

The sky was clear so plenty of stars out at the start, then the sun was just starting to come up so it was a nice time to be out.

I thought if I went early there wouldn't be any groups of townie tw@ts up Moel Famau, how wrong I was :unamused:
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

today is hat day then run away as fast as I can so I don't have to be sociable

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Anyone would look bloody silly in that ^ thing.
    War, army, navy, military etc all silly and dangerous.

Foggy, foggy, foggy. Will go pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Take it you tested negative as expected?
    You could tell people you're waiting for the result, good way to get them to keep away.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Decent party last night and feel good despite a sleep score on my watch of 6 out of 100.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    edited November 2021
    Think we ate too much Chinese take away last night and spent a fair bit of time digesting while lazing on the sofa. Still, good sleep had and will head out in a bit for some fresh air with the hounds. House related projects in full swing now, though nothing too fundamental needed fortunately.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Take it you tested negative as expected?
    You could tell people you're waiting for the result, good way to get them to keep away.
    yup - negative x2 home kits, negative down the testing centre. all clear.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
    pinno said:

Anyone would look bloody silly in that ^ thing.
    War, army, navy, military etc all silly and dangerous.

thats why we call it a twathat

not dangerous me for me - i'm bulletproof.
  • Been for a ride, Cragg Vale. Big hill etc etc.
    Couldn't get through the village as the rememberance parade had just ended and everyone was stood in the road.
    Lunch.
    Fire is burning away.
    Wine later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    gloomygrey day, roads started soggy, and mf's badge looks skew-whiff

on the bright side, berry bros have a deal on bolly at the moment, and say upcoming crimbo festivities in the shop will include dispensing the king's ginger and a mince pie to all who venture in, perfect after a nippy stroll through the park
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

gloomygrey day, roads started soggy, and mf's badge looks skew-whiff

The badge is perfectly straight.

The hat is skew-whiff
  • pinno
    You don't half get soggy in fog.
    I had an imaginary cycling partner in 'Loon. I dragged him up a continuous series of bumps and hills into drizzle, fog and wind all the time thinking "you're gonna have to shift some of that weight and toughen up if you want to move back to Jockland". He did a lot of moaning and groaning.
    On the upside, tested my new DHB winter tights.
    Pad is a bit on the adult nappy size but they held up really well.
  • I was thinking about some DHB deep winter tights to compliment my jacket, are they OK?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Yusss boss. Though my size measure tends to be the belt notch, gone into the minimum so...

Just back and refueled from ride. 3.5h, 17km, -88m vertical climbing, 280w average. Caveat: some of the above may or may not be accurate.

When got into 3rd hour, legs started to work better, might have been the gel 'n' banana eats, so return leg was a lot faster. Don't think there was a tail wind, is all a bit gloopy grey out.

When is opening time barman?
  • pinno

I was thinking about some DHB deep winter tights to compliment my jacket, are they OK?

Very good. I like the ankle zippers and the zip at the front. Pad is ample (if a little bit big) and better comfort than previous versions. Front of the legs have more wind stopper material and the tights seem to deflect more water.
    These are the one's I bought so as not to confuse them with the others:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-deep-winter-bib-tight-1?sku=100612723

I think they are much better VFM (and a better fit) than my Castelli equivalent (Tutto nano).
    If you run hot, I reckon they would only be for use in very cold weather but I run cold so they are great for me in 4 to 10 deg temps.
  • Thanks for that, always good to get a real world review.
    For reference, I used my deep winter soft shell today with a thin poly prop base layer and was fine so suspect they will be OK for me.
    I find DHB to be pretty good with sizing as well, ie I don't need a XXXXXXXXXL jacket like I would in Castelli.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

I don't need a XXXXXXXXXL jacket like I would in Castelli.

This ^. Makes purchasing Castelli a PITA.
    But my Perfetto tops are fine in my size and the Alpha jacket, I couldn't get on with though the Espresso (same size) is fine.
    I have the DHB full winter jacket. It's the most versatile jacket I have only I wish it had a front zipper pocket.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

I could send you to Shropshire.

• MattFalle
    i think my head may hurt in the morning but i feel it best to carry on regardless....
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Trip to Hackney to see the Stereo Mcs last night, rough this morning as plenty of beer was consumed. No biking this morning or at any time of the day.
  • orraloon
    tetley10 said:

Trip to Hackney to see the Stereo Mcs last night, rough this morning as plenty of beer was consumed. No biking this morning or at any time of the day.

You not Connected no more?
  • seanoconn
    tetley10 said:

Is the lead singer still a skeleton?
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

Is the lead singer still a skeleton?
    YEah, he's 60 and still going strong, good advert for sniffing plenty of UHU.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Day of pottering has been had. Lad was making some shelves so I said I'd stick around to help and advise if needed. Not much needed other than occasional reassurance or guidance if unsure. I had time to fettle bikes whilst being around if needed.
    How do all the MFs fit under the one hat?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Spent a fair bit of this afternoon going through crap in the garage. Most of the paint and wood treatment they had helpfully left behind wasn't usable :| So tip trip on Tuesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

I could send you to Shropshire.

It’s a great place to be a drunk
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

Spent a fair bit of this afternoon going through censored in the garage. Most of the paint and wood treatment they had helpfully left behind wasn't usable :| So tip trip on Tuesday.

Tip will reject liquid paints. So bung some sand etc in tins so can just be dumped in 'landfill' aka incineration skip.