saturday outrageously, at the mottled oyster

'ning

ride, cafes, perchance une tarte de fruits secs hachés épicés, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, run with a pal, then bike ride with another and then over to collect a hungover wife from Chester (awards thing with work last night).

Tidy up and then we have a party to celebrate my mum and dad having sex a long time ago
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    PCR test then sitting on the couch until neg result received.

will probs do gym sesh at home and tinker with a bike I'm putting up for sale to pass the time.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Taking the boy and friends to Birdworld, sadly the feathered kind.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Tidy up and then we have a party to celebrate my mum and dad having sex a long time ago

Did you ascertain whether it was in the back of a Ford Anglia or something?
    I was conceived the night man landed on the moon.
    Well, if you count 9 months, it's about spot on.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Drizzling.
    Must get 3/5th's of the family out the door so I can fettle the Porker marathon endless Forth bridge job.
  • Nice lie-in this morning, feels warm and it's dry outside, hope this lasts

WFW later, then a mad pedal to get back in time to watch the rugby in the club image

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Bit weary after shuffling round the NEC yesterday, that slow walking and standing around chatting really does me in. The others couldn't understand why I wanted to walk back to the car park at the end of the day. Saw lots of people I deal with which is good, apparently there were some old motors there as well. Did the old man buy anything TLW?
    Day of pottering today, bike fettling to be done as well as some DIY.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning, slept well as it's so much quieter here than it was in the 'burbs. Let was a bit painful last night - delayed reaction but seems to be OK today. Will need to stay off running and pedalling for a bit longer, sadly.

Been out to post office and shop. Will shortly assemble more bits of furniture/shelving type stuff then carry on sorting separating the crap in the garage from the possibly useful stuff and headdown the tip. Found an old petrol powered chainsaw but it doesn't seem to work, hey ho.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Planned a ride this morning but woke up to no power as the central heating filter was leaking into the boiler power supply. Had to sort that out instead.
    No plotting snow based fun.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Bummer. Popped over to help out this old dear move a couple of her heavy planters inside for the winter, plants won't survive outside. There less than an hour, don't charge her any £, just take it as an early Christmas present.

Feeling happy with myself, when leaving proceed to back into a tree trunk at precisely the wrong angle so broke my rear light cluster. Fxxx it. Freebie now turned into gonna cost me. Karma?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo_666 said:

Found an old petrol powered chainsaw but it doesn't seem to work, hey ho.

Probably worth getting it serviced as even if you got it going having someone that knows about these things check its safe to use would be prudent.
  • MattFalle

Stevo_666 said:

Probably worth getting it serviced as even if you got it going having someone that knows about these things check its safe to use would be prudent.
    safety is for cowards
  • MattFalle
    spent day tinkering on bikes, now watching nat champ road race to pass the time.

will have beer in a bit.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Bummer. Popped over to help out this old dear move a couple of her heavy planters inside for the winter, plants won't survive outside. There less than an hour, don't charge her any £, just take it as an early Christmas present.

Feeling happy with myself, when leaving proceed to back into a tree trunk at precisely the wrong angle so broke my rear light cluster. Fxxx it. Freebie now turned into gonna cost me. Karma?

Car model, left or right?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Stevo_666 said:

One of the new neighbours said he was quite keen on tinkering with petrol powered garden tools so I'll lend it to him and see if he can sort it :smile: Thinking of being all new age and getting an electric one.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Car model, left or right?
    L200, left, ordered, collect Tuesday, £28.69. To be followed no doubt by cursing the recalcitrant fixings to extract the old. Meanwhile, plasticed over the broken gap, keep out da rainz. Happy days, or summat. 🤨
  • pinno
    The tree is busy sucking up carbon from your exhaust fumes. Small fee to pay.