Heart Rate Strap

Hi, I am looking for a cheap heart rate strap to measure HRV on the HRV Elite app. It also needs to work with my Garmon 520. Will a polar H10 or H9 work.

Cheers

Comments

• https://www.amazon.co.uk/CooSpo-Monitor-Bluetooth-Waterproof-Compatible/dp/B07D4J5VDK/ looks like an update to the Coospo H6 I've been using for nearly 4 years over Bluetooth and ANT+, all good besides a few times when the CR2032 battery was about to die.

The £4 promo voucher makes it ~£25, no idea if that's the cheapest option, first link that came up on google.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,732
    Yeah I use a coospo one - no complaints - had it about 12 months and just changed the battery
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • What are people's resting heart rates?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    edited November 2021

What are people's resting heart rates?

Nice thread deviation. 🤣
    Tends to be around the 44 to 48 mark for anyone interested.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Nice. Well, it's good to see the results of keeping fit.
  • I've got one of these from Decathlon. I bought it after going through a couple of Garmin straps and it hasn't let me down. Bluetooth and Ant+ so it works with all devices, and it has a decent battery life too from its CR2032.
    Decathlon Ant+ Bluetooth HRM Belt
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416

What are people's resting heart rates?

My resting heart rate depends on the severity of my caffeine addiction. I guess without it I would be 50-55. With it 60-170

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• baroid
    baroid Posts: 87
    Thanks for your replies but are the HR monitors mentioned above suitable for measuring HRV? ie. do they measure R-R intervals accurately?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    edited November 2021
    It’s not what they’re designed for, so I would suggest not. They are designed to measure heart rate bpm
  • baroid
    baroid Posts: 87
    Looks like my choices are Polar H9 or H10, or Garmin Dual. Probably will come down to price.

The modern heart rate monitors are designed to do moe than just measure bpm.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    edited November 2021
    Not all of them. Also, your “modern” may not be mine.
    Neither of those mentioned before your last post are suitable for the needs.