thursday's fever dream of wine dark seas

'ning

a smidge hungover

ride, cafes, restorative mince pie, wfh etc.

missing sunshine and heat, need hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, toll road, work stuff, then leave my car at work and cycle over to see my dad and some of his mates that are staying near Birmingham for the classic car show.

Should be a giggle and a better commute on Friday
  • Moaning,
    WFW cold dark n dry Brrrrr
    Pub visit was nice yesterday (saw England get KO'd of the T20) but paying for that now :/
    Hay-ho!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Feeling hungover like sg and cc but due to some lurgy not alcohol.
    WFH in case it's anything nasty, although test says it's not.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Tired, really really bored of fighting the bambini every morning to get them out of the front door to get to school.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Today I will get The Booster. Hope the new microchip does more than the previous, couldn't see a difference last time. Back via a mope round a garden centre to see if specific plants a) in stock and b) not stupidly expensive, then it's do nothing day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MattFalle said:

Tired, really really bored of fighting the bambini every morning to get them out of the front door to get to school.

The more you push...
    It entirely depends on the mood they are in.
    It's Thursday and usually tricky gets weary by the end of the week. Today she's A1.
    Shorty can be up with the Lark or lingering.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited November 2021
    orraloon said:

Today I will get The Booster. Hope the new microchip does more than the previous, couldn't see a difference last time. Back via a mope round a garden centre to see if specific plants a) in stock and b) not stupidly expensive, then it's do nothing day.

Now see here 'Loon. Doesn't that well connected gentleman with lots of land have a greenhouse for you to borrow 4 sq M and propagate your own?
  • pinno
    Bad vintage SG? It's not like you.

So far, so good. Day of tinkering with Porker in prep for re-assembly of rear suspension (yahoo) tomorrow whilst OH is awa' up the road for Xmas shopping.
    Run around with gas engineer/building services bloke as gas pipeline was installed at a really inconvenient point.
    (ESP Utilities contractor).

Wevver looking calm and sunny. No really.
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Now see here 'Loon. Doesn't that well connected gentleman with lots of land have a greenhouse for you to borrow 4 sq M and propagate your own?
    Ssshhh, keep that quiet. Don't want the fuzz finding that crop.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning,

WFH again, starting in the kitchen while food and tea are consumed then down to the man cave. Managed not to wake the hounds which is good as they make lots of noise if woken up by someone wandering about in the morning.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    WFH, but it's not windy, so I'm going out on the iron at some point.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Ben6899 said:

WFH, but it's not windy, so I'm going out on the polyacrylonitrile at some point.

FTFY
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

WFH, but it's not windy, so I'm going out on the polyacrylonitrile at some point.

FTFY
    Polyacrylonitrile (PAN), also known as polyvinyl cyanide and Creslan 61, is a synthetic, semicrystalline organic polymer resin, with the linear formula (C3H3N)n. Though it is thermoplastic, it does not melt under normal conditions.

Phew, that's a relief.
  • pinno
    Can anyone remember the old [url][/url] where you could edit the link leaving just what you typed and how was it done?
  • pinno
  • pinno
    {url=http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/danglibitz/Bike Stuff/?action=view&current=DragBike-2.jpg}Cape Wrath{/url}

[url=http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/danglibitz/Bike Stuff/?action=view&current=DragBike-2.jpg}Cape Wrath{/url]
  • pinno
    [url=http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/danglibitz/Bike Stuff/?action=view&current=DragBike-2.jpg]Cape Wrath[/url]
  • pinno
    [url=http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/danglibitz/Bike Stuff/?action=view&current=DragBike-2.jpg]Cape Wrath[/url]
  • pinno
    Bollox.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    edited November 2021
    do you mean like this?

<a href="www.google.com">do you mean like this?</a>
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    Pfizered. When will my fever dream of wine start?
  • pinno said:
    Crikey wot are you trying to do pinno, edited link goes to...

is this wot you want?

;)
  • pinno
    ^ that's horrific.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

^ that's horrific.

can we drive over it in cars?
  • pinno
    edited November 2021
    thinkingofseanoschristmaspresentalt</a>

sungod said:

do you mean like this?

<a href="www.google.com">do you mean like this?</a>

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

FTFY
    Polyacrylonitrile (PAN), also known as polyvinyl cyanide and Creslan 61, is a synthetic, semicrystalline organic polymer resin, with the linear formula (C3H3N)n. Though it is thermoplastic, it does not melt under normal conditions.

Phew, that's a relief.

And I don't own a carbon fibre bike.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

FTFY

Phew, that's a relief.
    what if you smash it with a hammer first?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Good evening. Busy AF day of work, starting with a meeting with a fecking princess who’s clearly always been given everything she’s ever asked for and has seen her @rse because my response to her telling me last week that she can’t teach a class she’s been allocated because the maths is too hard and she’s far too busy being a princess to pull her finger out and prepare for it wasn’t quite to her liking. Still, taught some awesome kids today so that’s all good.

Can’t decide if I’ve done the right thing buying that frame set. Probably be excited when I get it. Nice curry for dinner and I’m going to allow myself a small glass of Malbec again. Should really try to do a bit of marking this evening but dunno if I can be bothered.
  • MattFalle
    If you don't like the frame set just sell it on. so long as you clear what you spent who's worried?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Nah. I’m sure I’ll like it. It’ll be lighter and less harsh than the aluminium one which I can always keep and make up for teen GTi when he’s ready