Elite Drivo . Good buy used ?

I'm looking to replace my elderly BKool trainer which is having connectivity problems and there's an Elite Drivo up for sale locally to me for £250.

Does anybody have any opinions on if this is a good buy or should I just get a new, mid range trainer like the Zumo, Directo etc ?

Having to pay more for the new turbo doesn't bother me too much, as I use my turbo a lot, and have used different models for over 15 years. I'm just wondering if the Drivo would still be better than a newer mid price one.

I'm not prepared to spend £1000 on a new top of the range model though.

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,624
    I bought one new for £550 last year before lockdown. It looks like cack but it functions fine.

It has Bluetooth or ANT, measures power and cadence and allegedly simulates up to 20% (could be more) gradient, which is more than anywhere I've found on Zwift. I really don't know what else a new one could actually do.

It is also fairly quiet.
  • Thanks First.Aspect.

I've been googling if they have any reliability issues, or reasons to avoid them second hand. They seem good with no real maintenance needed other than greasing the belt occasionally.

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,624
    I do get a dragging grinding
    redjeepǃ said:

Thanks First.Aspect.

I've been googling if they have any reliability issues, or reasons to avoid them second hand. They seem good with no real maintenance needed other than greasing the belt occasionally.

Honestly, whoever is selling it probably doesn't use it very much. It will be the same with all the paddle boards that will be on eBay next year.