Front Light For Prime Aero Handlebars

I know a few people on here run these bars so any recommendations?

Primarily to be used "to be seen" rather than "to see".

Can't run one under my Wahoo as I use a GoPro so Lezyne strip drive is about the best I've come up with.

Comments

• can you get an out front mount with a garmin on top / go pro underneath and then use a light with a go pro style mount?
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    I've not seen anything along those lines.

I've seen those Fabric lights that go directly on the out front mount & then your GPS on top of those leaving the underneath free for a GoPro but the reviews have been mixed so not that keen.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,154
    Mine certainly has enough round section either side of the flat tops to mount a regular light. I have a Lezyne Micro Drive as a "to be seen" light where you can "see" on its highest setting at a push", which is not expensive and fits. I would certainly not use my Halfords 1500 lumen commuting monster on aesthetic grounds even if it did fit.

But anything with a fairly slim rubber band mount should fit on the round section no problem. If you've used the round section for a Garmin mount, you could always free that up with a stem bolt Garmin mount - I have a Lifeline one on one of my bikes.
  • As above, I have the up-front mount for my Lezyne GPS to the right of the stem clamp, loads of room on the left for rubber mounted light.

Alternatively, I have one of https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPXSMH2W/planet-x-super-mini-2-way-200-lumen-bike-helmet-light and recently found the helmet mount fits securely on the stem, low and medium are fine "to be seen by" and high (maybe med too in some situations) improves what I can see, pointing down just beyond the GPS.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Must admit as the bars aren't on the bike yet I haven't seen if my Cateye mount will fit.

At least I have a couple of alternatives if it doesn't.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I run a Lifeline computer mount on mine with no worries - loads of space betwixt stem and flat portion of top to fit anything you want.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • There's loads of available round tube on those bars- most things should fit. As above, Micro-Drive or similar will fit no probs...
  • longy
    longy Posts: 74
    I have the Prime ally aero bars on mine and have a Wahoo mount on on side and a bike light on the other. Can't see there will be an issue with most light fittings.