monday observing spontaneous phase change in a δ plutonium pineapple

'ning

ride, cafes, mince pie, etc.

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,
    About to commute for WFW today. Cold but dry.
    Wish I had a mince pie to look forward to :/
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hill repeats built into hound duty so I can get out later on the rebuilt bike that still hasn’t been tested
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Very low cloud and drizzle here and no wind to blow it away.
    Will be seeing paint shop bloke today with old Merc so that I can get it sold.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Family shopping donkey not allowed to commute by bike this morning. Currently sipping substandard coffee whilst psyching myself up for a full day of work avoidance.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

totes cba following barney with TDV last night.

going to do nuffink and then go kickfuck out of a bin.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Quite awake despite a good effort to make inroads into the worlds excess red wine stocks.
    Swim session booked for 11.45 followed by some lasagna I found lurking in the freezer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    No red wine excess, no barney, still a poor night's sleep. Barber then gym then go sort out some veehickle hire for a Belgie weekender which is still slightly more than 50:50 to go ahead later this month, fingers all tied up across each other, makes shoelaces challenging.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    orraloon said:

No red wine excess, no barney, still a poor night's sleep. Barber then gym then go sort out some veehickle hire for a Belgie weekender which is still slightly more than 50:50 to go ahead later this month, fingers all tied up across each other, makes shoelaces challenging.

Six Days of Ghent?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    No mince pies here.

Got TV package sorted, was going to go into the office but had some problem with an inflamed tendon in my leg yesterday which was pretty bloody painful so decided to give it a rest for now and am now working in the man cave for the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Nice morning, walked dog, possibly against her wishes judging by the lack of enthusiasm shown.

Usual round of car parks waiting for OH appointments, plus a bonus extra hour waiting at the optometrist on the way home.

Logged on to training app to try my first ride in a while (indoors) and gave it away after a third distance as it kept freezing up.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

... but had some problem with an inflamed tendon in my leg yesterday which was pretty bloody painful so decided to give it a rest for now ..

You're too old to take long breaks off the bike and then go pedalling uphill.

• pinno
    Ben6899 said:

orraloon said:

Six Days of Ghent?
    It'll be 6 days of something. The location may be a blur and therefore immaterial.

What's wrong with your car 'Loon?
  • Swim swum, lasagna eaten, time for a brew I think.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw and the usual issues, nice wobble in this morning at least. Park was very pretty with a bit of ground mist. Should have worn warmer gloves though.
    No mince pies here, did seem to pick up some pasta de nata whilst in Sainsbury's though. Stocked up my biscuit drawer as I'll be in more often now. Booked my covid booster jab for tomorrow, I think it's good to have it done before going to the NEC on Friday and mixing with the great unwashed.
  • Ben6899
    I'm wondering what @veronese68 thinks of how @homers_double has spelt "lasagne"...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • veronese68
    That would be just one sheet of lasagne so it kind of works, wouldn't be very filling though.
    All the nonsense of people ordering a single panini or biscotti had broken me with respect to pedantry and English use of Italian. although perhaps HD should know better given how much time he spends in Italy. People eating g-nocky still grates a little when I hear it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ben6899 said:

orraloon said:

Six Days of Ghent?
    Nah, 4 days of Poperinge / Ieper / Kortrijk.
    My own vehicle is the knocking on a bit workhorse L200. I did take it over once many years ago when it was a youngster. Not that practical, open back, where will the beer crates hide? Plus prob cost me about as much in diesel as hiring a car car.
  • Ben6899
    orraloon said:

Ben6899 said:

orraloon said:

Six Days of Ghent?
    Nah, 4 days of Poperinge / Ieper / Kortrijk.
    My own vehicle is the knocking on a bit workhorse L200. I did take it over once many years ago when it was a youngster. Not that practical, open back, where will the beer crates hide? Plus prob cost me about as much in diesel as hiring a car car.

Direct train to Oudenaarde from Kortrijk, if memory serves. And you know what's at Oudenaarde...

RvV museum and the cafe bar next door that is always showing 'cross.
    Ben

• Even I'm shocked at how I spelt it...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

... but had some problem with an inflamed tendon in my leg yesterday which was pretty bloody painful so decided to give it a rest for now ..

Maybe, but the problem has been brewing for a while and this probably tipped it into the pain zone. Improving now after a decent sleep and sitting on my arris in the man cave for most of the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Maybe, but the problem has been brewing for a while and this probably tipped it into the pain zone. Improving now after a decent sleep and sitting on my arris in the man cave for most of the day.
    just wankit out.

all will be good, trust me, I'm a medical man.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

just wankit out.

all will be good, trust me, I'm a medical man.
    I'll always listen to the voice of experience :smile:
  • MattFalle
    remember the mantra whilst doing it:

i am dirty
    iam dirty
    i must be clean

i am dirty
    i am dirty
    i must be clean

and so on ad infinitum.
  • pinno

Swim swum, lasagna eaten, time for some Chianti I think.

FTFY

• veronese68
    Pesky bloomin' pedestrians looming out of the darkness

• pinno
    At last they run away unlike drunk Jocks.
  • pinno said:

Swim swum, lasagna eaten, time for some Chianti I think.

FTFY

Good idea, but a bit much just after lunch.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

At last they run away unlike drunk Jocks.

The big stags don't run away, they are very big with lots of pointy bits. To make matters worse they are made of some magical light absorbing material. That picture does look darker than reality but I use an Exposure Strada and have another light on my head so I can look around and see when they are lurking, it's quite worrying when you can smell them but can't see them*. The one on my head is best for deer spotting.

* the same may be true of drunk Jocks