saturday let us see how the wine-glass flushes

'ning

nippy

ride, cafes, mince pie, perhaps more gluing, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Hounds and then off to Llandegla for a couple of laps.

Then friends over for the weekend so should be heavy on the ale
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning!

Riding to York* today.

*and back
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. First home game of the season!! So significant lie-in, up at the pavilion by 9.20-ish, kick off at 10.30 and wonderful bacon and egg roll and excellent coffee to look forward to (free to coaches) at the end of the match. Happy days!!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao!

7 days clear, 4 negative L/Fs, negative PCR, nil S & S, sorted.

Also know exactly where the ping came from - fat woman who went to sit in there next to us in emer exit row, was deemed too fat by cabin crew and moved but system would have registered her seat.....

instructing all day then curry and James Bond with a friend. No wives, no bambini. Rockin'.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Morning, hound walked, now some chill out time before football later, doing a stint in goal so that should be interesting.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Quick one - 'Dale R400 - basically a CAAD4 frame with craap components?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Get the missus hooked on cycling, yay or nay? Serious question.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Yay. When I ride with MrsHD she says I’m always waiting but I enjoy those rides as they are chilled.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning peeps, had a much needed lie in. Now supping tea before putting a desk together, clearing some guttering and doing a trip to the tip. Oh, the excitement :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle said:

I vaguely recall reading that Cannondale usually only did one version of a frame, and just the component set was different - a Tiagra and Dura Ace model were basically the identical frameset, different paint maybe.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    seanoconn said:

But you aren't 'hooked'.
    Imagine:
    "Coming out on the bike Seano darling"
    "No, don't feel like it [insert excuse x10³] at the moment. You go, I don't mind"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

It's not Italian.

[Synapse is the go to preference]
  • pinno
    Glad I got out yesterday as it's blowing around Irish farmers out there. I hope they don't cause damage to buildings and tress and when it dies down, is it our responsibility to send them back?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    seanoconn said:

As long as you buy the kit she needs, can’t have her finding out the true cost
  • johngti
    Match done. Had to ref it. Bloody hate that on account of being a rubbish ref and having to deal with d!ick opposition coaches. Played an independent school so had the extra joy of entitled pricks everywhere. And this is with them winning too!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now relaxing for all I'm worth. Female child has gone shopping with the EPO and the lad is at his girlfriend's so enjoying the peace and quiet. Off to see friend's daughter and the baby to lend a shoulder and a little moral support shortly, hopefully that situation will be resolved before too long.
    Put an offer of the asking price on a house for the old dear on Wednesday, haven't had it accepted yet even though she has the sale of hers agreed so is virtually a cash buyer. I think there is something going on with the solicitor handling the probate on the house being sold.
    seanoconn said:

Yay, assuming you want to spend time with her. Wish I could get mine interested. Even offered to buy her an ebike or get us a tandem.
    MattFalle said:

Have you bought it yet?
  • Ben6899
    edited November 2021
    Got to York in 1hr45mins, took me 3hrs to get back. Absolutely atrocious westerly winds up here today.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2021
    seanoconn said:

Why not? (I'm sure getting her to wear lycra regularly has nothing to do with it o:) )
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The only issue is that she might start to realise the real price of upgrades...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Why not? (I'm sure getting her to wear lycra regularly has nothing to do with it o:) )
    Make a change from stockings and suspenders
  • seanoconn

The only issue is that she might start to realise the real price of upgrades...

Tlw1 had already thought of this. Fortunately/unfortunately she’s unlikely to be digging into her own pockets.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Ben6899 said:

Got to York in 1hr45mins, took me 3hrs to get back. Absolutely atrocious westerly winds up here today.

I take it you weren't in Brighton yet 😂
  • Ben6899

Ben6899 said:

I take it you weren't in Brighton yet 😂

🤣
    Ben

• tetley10
    1-1 draw. Not bad considering I haven't played in goal for 35 years.
  • tetley10
    Plenty of beer now.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    You are Lewis Dunk and ICMFP.
  • johngti
    tetley10 said:

How many shots on goal then? And did you do all that shouting and gesticulating that goalies seem to do?
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Hic. Retail therapy sorted and OH happy. Evening meal and a few beers plus son,s taxi service. Nice day tbh apart from Bank balance.

What’s in the little dish at the top OX?
  • Stevo_666
    Productive day. And worked out where junior hound was escaping from the newly fenced off rear part of the garden. Turns out he can climb near vertical bits of rock so more fencing needed. I'll think about the details over a spot of tramp fuel.
  • tetley10
    johngti said:

tetley10 said:

How many shots on goal then? And did you do all that shouting and gesticulating that goalies seem to do?
    Well the one that beat me was from 40 yards and one of the purest strikes I've seen in saturday football, at 5ft 9 (8) I wasn't getting anywhere near it. Other than that I was Pickford esque.