friday watching the pineapple quadrille

'ning

ride, cafes, lot to do, unclear if there's time for wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Sub zero out there, frosty out there. Good news: it's thankfully not the unelected bureaucrat brexshiter.

Work group day, wrap up warm, have a picnic in the woods, more arboretum fun.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On the train into The Big Smoke, that chilly walk to the station definitely woke me up. Will get back on the bike this weekend and start getting a bit of fitness back, honest.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not too bad out all things considered.

Work stuff and then finally try out the rebuilt singlespeed

Then pub
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Chilly but not frosty today.
    WFW and try not to fall asleep.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    One and a half commutes of epic proportions (forgot my bag and had to go back) including a triple full kit roadie overtake as they were overtaking a civilian cyclist, so actually a quadruple overtake. Me with my marathon plus and half mudguards. I’ll have to get a go pro at this rate. Two of the roadies were girls but if you mess with the bull you get the horns.

In other news, cold tootsies.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

One and a half commutes of epic proportions (forgot my bag and had to go back) including a triple full kit roadie overtake as they were overtaking a civilian cyclist, so actually a quadruple overtake. Me with my marathon plus and half mudguards. I’ll have to get a go pro at this rate. Two of the roadies were girls but if you mess with the bull you get the horns.

I would have got distracted by the girls
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Mess with the bull and got the horn?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Then pub

SS not fixed. Good. That could be fun.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Would have tagged behind for a while me.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Would have tagged behind for a while me.

You wouldn’t have the speed to overtake
  • pinno
    Rockall, Malin, Hebrides. West or North West backing South West 4 to 6 Increasing 6 to gale 8 later. Showers then rain. Good occasionally poor.

Been to Westonbirt 'Loon?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Then pub

SS not fixed. Good. That could be fun.
    It is, spent more on it than it cost, but it’s the bike I did Paris roubaix on so it’s staying

• seanoconn
    Someone in cake stop had the temerity to suggest Pinno was a working man! Bloody cheek.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited November 2021
    Morning!

Will be living in Brighton for 3.5weeks. Getting a bit fed up of the nomadic lifestyle now…

Also, did I miss it? Do we know where Hoppy, LincolnDave et Al have got to?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Will be living in Brighton for 3.5weeks. Getting a bit fed up of the nomadic lifestyle now…

Hop, Hissy fit, whereabouts known but he’s not coming out of his room until that nasty Stevo has gone. Lincoln Dave, retired, probably bored of posting the same post every day.

Im sure you’ve probably mentioned it before but why all the travelling? Brighton, could be worse 👍
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Sooooooooo bored. Gonna hoover the Aygo, do weights sesh and/go for a ride by myself and not stop anywhere for nobody or nuffink (can I do that if I have been pinged? I honestly don't know)

Sooooo bored.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Sooooooooo bored. Gonna hoover the Aygo, do weights sesh and/go for a ride by myself and not stop anywhere for nobody or nuffink (can I do that if I have been pinged? I honestly don't know)

Sooooo bored.

Oh sorry, I meant to tell you yesterday that you need to hide your phone down that back of the sofa, really wedge it down there or they’ll keep bugging you. You don’t have to isolate if jabbed but they nag you for a pcr test.
  • Ben6899
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Hop, Hissy fit, whereabouts known but he’s not coming out of his room until that nasty Stevo has gone. Lincoln Dave, retired, probably bored of posting the same post every day.

Im sure you’ve probably mentioned it before but why all the travelling? Brighton, could be worse 👍

As long as they're both okay!

We're having our new flat gutted and refurbished. So far spent time in Germany, West Yorkshire (current location) and then probably Brighton. I've never been to Brighton (I know!) so that's something to explore, and it means we're closer to London for the building work vinegar strokes (not used that term in a while!).
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

We're having our new flat gutted and refurbished. So far spent time in Germany, West Yorkshire (current location) and then probably Brighton. I've never been to Brighton (I know!) so that's something to explore, and it means we're closer to London for the building work vinegar strokes (not used that term in a while!).
    brighton is mega, especially heading down the lanes to nose around.

enjoy lots.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Sooooo bored.

Oh sorry, I meant to tell you yesterday that you need to hide your phone down that back of the sofa, really wedge it down there or they’ll keep bugging you. You don’t have to isolate if jabbed but they nag you for a pcr test.
    mega! grazie! am double jabbed and testing negative on lateral flows but still have a social conscience especially as i'm not in work due to it....
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    edited November 2021
    MattFalle said:

Sooooo bored.

afaik if you are fully vaccinated you don't need to self isolate, but get a test and be careful until shown negative

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/if-youre-told-to-self-isolate-by-nhs-test-and-trace-or-the-covid-19-app/

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Ben6899 said:

Morning!

A good night out can be had in Brighton.
  • Ben6899
    pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

A good night out can be had in Brighton.

I dare say we'll be having one. Or two.
    Ben

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

Someone in cake stop had the temerity to suggest Pinno was a working man! Bloody cheek.

Where?!
    I farm work out now. All I do is lubricate the cogs which boils down to emails and getting A to talk to B.
  • seanoconn
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Never been to Brighton! Does not compute…system error….system error…. Rebooting….

Ok back on line. Let’s try again, as mentioned the lanes are good for a mooch a about. Fish and chips, Harry Ramsden’s opposite the pier. TheWitchez restaurant marine parade is excellent, cozy, good food, nice atmosphere might need to book. Check out the Komedia club for entertainment.
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Lincoln Dave, retired, probably bored of posting the same post every day.

Hope so, I sent him a message to ask if things were OK but didn't get a reply.

• seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Lincoln Dave, retired, probably bored of posting the same post every day.

Hope so, I sent him a message to ask if things were OK but didn't get a reply.

I told him to get a hobby 😩
  • pinno
    Yes, what's happened to Elbow? I hope his OH is okay and not the reason he's not posting.

@elbowloh
  • Ben6899
    I hadn't realised @elbowloh hadn't been as frequent, but good point!
    Ben

• pinno
    You know where Hoppy lives Seano.
    Walk up and down the street outside holding a placard/wearing a sandwich board.

If you can't get his attention, kick the Volvo tank people carrier thingy and set the alarm off.