thursday telling phlegyas to row faster

'ning

ride, cafes, smidge of wfh, another layer of glue, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No hounds as I need to be in offices far away - therefore the current wife is in for an early start (for once)

Work stuff and lots of meetings then a run and potentially the pub
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    If there are so many metal box encased muppets blocking The Bridge again this morning, then the Ferryman may well come in handy.

Work work, take the cutting gear again for a round 2 clear up post the windy weekend. Not supposed to rain today, that's 'nice'; wasn't supposed to yesterday either 'cept the mizzle waited until I was up that ladder.

Then I feel the call: first risotto for a long time, 'tis the season, plus a glass or 2.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The sun is just creeping over the trees and it looks like another reasonable day. That's 2 in a row, in Jockland, in November! Unprecedented.

I'm looking for an improvement on yesterdays communting time @seanoconn.

Where are these far away orifices TLW?

@Johngti. You must have woken up a happy man. Hungover at all or will killing your liver happen at the weekend? Or is it going to a be a sudden and extreme case of keep fit, going vegan/T Total?

Not many metal boxes on the road here 'Loon.
    We have a rush 15 mins spanning 8.50 to 9.05 am and similar in the afternoon around 3 and 5.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Family shopping donkey mode today, no bike allowed 😞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Run
    WFW
    Gym
  • Mor'
    WFW
    Have samples tested
    Swim
    Debate an early bike ride on Saturday (twas dry and light at 7am today!)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Have samples tested

That could mean anything:

The squits
    Blow/weed
    Bowel
    Ecoli
    Sars
    Covid
    STD
    Legionnaires disease?

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    pinno said:

Have samples tested

That could mean anything:

The squits
    Blow/weed
    Bowel
    Ecoli
    Sars
    Covid
    STD
    Legionnaires disease?

Concrete
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Next door asked what % of nastyness the asbestos sheets were I set fire to and threw in their garden, I thought I should just cover myself in case they complain.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    If they knew anything about asbestos, they'd already know the answer. :smiley:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • The sort of area that backs on to our works, the tenants would probably ask if they could have the scrap and throw up a lean-to
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    If it’s good enough for Wzard of Oz snow, it’s good enough for me. How bad can it be? 🤷‍♂️
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

The sun is just creeping over the trees and it looks like another reasonable day. That's 2 in a row, in Jockland, in November! Unprecedented.

@Johngti. You must have woken up a happy man. Hungover at all or will killing your liver happen at the weekend? Or is it going to a be a sudden and extreme case of keep fit, going vegan/T Total?

We have a rush 15 mins spanning 8.50 to 9.05 am and similar in the afternoon around 3 and 5.

I actually slept, back pain really not bad today as an added bonus. Definitely will not be going vegan, pretty much tea total already but I did have a glass of wine and celebratory curry last night!!
  • seanoconn said:

If it’s good enough for Wzard of Oz snow, it’s good enough for me. How bad can it be? 🤷‍♂️

Does anyone else have a clue what @seanoconn is on about here?

Glorious day, largely f^cked up by circumstances. Walked dog, and one place we passed had two yappy little mutts inside the fence get all wound up wanting to pick a fight. The two of them put together would be half the size and weight of ours. Tempted to let her off lead and shut the fluff balls up, permanently.

Drive into town, but convertible roof plays up. Clinic running very late for O/H appointment, with the extended wait meaning we missed lunch. Get home to find new people who own the block next door and are about to rebuild their burnt out house have started by cutting down two of the nicer big trees on the block. Phillistines. I hate them already.

Email from car repair man with some less than awesome news.

ACOAD basically.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

Does anyone else have a clue what @seanoconn is on about here?

Still trying to work it out.
    Is it a reference to white asbestos and fake snow 'cos I don't remember snow in the Wizard of Oz?

• seanoconn
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    johngti said:

pinno said:

I actually slept, back pain really not bad today as an added bonus. Definitely will not be going vegan, pretty much tea total already but I did have a glass of wine and celebratory curry last night!!
    vegan? what, do you want to crush any remnants of happiness the man may have left?

fuckingvegan. ffs
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:
    I see.
    Must have fallen asleep during that scene.
  • pinno said:

seanoconn said:
    I see.
    Must have fallen asleep during that scene.
    Lucky you! I've never been able to stand any of it :s
  • Are you all sitting down?

I did an outdoor bike ride in the sunshine!
    In November!
    In England!
    Not at the pace discussed yesterday, I only managed a mere 30km in 14 seconds.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Oh, I I saw this on another forum and found it quite funny

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Are you all sitting down?

I did an outdoor bike ride in the sunshine!
    In November!
    In England!

Liar

Not at the pace discussed yesterday, I only managed a mere 30km in 14 seconds.

Good effort.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ffs

just been pinged as a direct contact. too busy for this.

oh well, long weekend at home sticking cotton buds up my nose and down my throat here we come.

am killing the plague within my body with beer and PJ Harvey.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    WFW but didn't ride, found another excuse not to. Did go to the gym though, so that counts. Reading for PHD most of the day. Semi-interesting stuff about feminism in Physical Education.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Crossing The River this morning did not require me to pay the Ferryman, didn't need to ask a price. A busy day: a morning of removing dead Elm trees (die back did for 'em) from a mixed species line of big hedging, then an afternoon of dealing with massive dropped limbs off live trees due to the storm on Sunday. That one tbc, more to do.

This morning talking to a detectorist, he let me take hold of an axe head he had found, dates back to Iron Age ~1300-1500BC. Looked pristine, apparently some were used in votive ways rather than as actual tools. Well impressed.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited November 2021
    oxoman said:

Cheers Seano, I've been educated today. Thank god they don't use the white stuff anymore. Luckily I don't come across it to often nowadays.

https://youtu.be/HxfZSEboVM4

No mention of snow.
    I thought the white stuff was the least bad version, and it was the blue and brown you really had to worry about.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tetley10 said:

WFW but didn't ride, found another excuse not to. Did go to the gym though, so that counts. Reading for PHD most of the day. Semi-interesting stuff about feminism in Physical Education.

You’re starting to sound like me when it comes to riding a bike…that should scare you into action! Would you describe yourself as a feminist then?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    I'm going out on the bike this weekend for the first time in a few weeks. Bloody well need it and want to get a bit of form back before I go for the full commute otherwise I might kill myself. Will give the North Downs ridge climb a shot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

tetley10 said:

You’re starting to sound like me when it comes to riding a bike…that should scare you into action! Would you describe yourself as a feminist then?
    The comparison hasn't passed me by and I wouldn't say I'm there yet.

• pinno
    oxoman said:

Thistle said
    No mention of snow.
    I thought the white stuff was the least bad version, and it was the blue and brown you really had to worry about.

Yep your correct but all classed as dangerous. Some surprise stuff it was used on. Floor tiles, WW11 gas masks, military cap badges, artex. You name it they used it on.

Concrete. Insulation...