tuesday has no real roots

'ning

brr, nippy

ride, cafes, bit of wfh, tub gluing ritual, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Woke up early and came down to make some tea, let the cat in l, looked at the clock and it was 1.30am and not 5.30 as expected.
    Went back to bed.
    Came down at the actual 5.30 to the overwhelming smell of cat poo.
    All cleared up and time for a Zwift before work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    First day in after the house move and getting up wasnt easy, decent fresh walk down to the station woke me up though. Will have to try cycling in soon which will be fun at 27/28 miles each way.

Doesnt look like there have been too many emergencies while I've been away at least.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

First day in after the house move and getting up wasnt easy, decent fresh walk down to the station woke me up though. Will have to try cycling in soon which will be fun at 27/28 miles each way.

Doesnt look like there have been too many emergencies while I've been away at least.

My old commute was a bit longer and I used to love it. Nice relaxing 45 mins before and after work
  • tlw1
    Hounds walked and a nice catch up call with my main ultra pal.

Catering division is at work today and the aga is getting serviced so I maybe very hungry later.

Hill repeats for fun later, wonder if I can keep the pub avoidance streak to two days
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

Thats going to be a mega commutetraining ride - actually a bit jel tbh.

any decent pics of the new crib yet?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Wet here - absolutely teemed it down last night, rain seems to holding off for the next hour or so.

Going to go to the gym in a bit them need to finish off that prep work i started yesterday.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

My old commute was a bit longer and I used to love it. Nice relaxing 45 mins before and after work
    45 mins my @rse!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Nice 👍 2 hours each way for you! What was the length of the old commute?
  • seanoconn
    In other news, cold feet, Brrrr 🥶
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

45 mins my @rse!
    Thanks for the offer, but you haven’t got my preferred equipment 😂
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Stevo could get an e-bike. Or an e-scooter being 'hip' and that. A toryfanboi on a scooter? How interesting.

First frost of the season in The Valley. Clear blue skies. Off to work work, no doubt mega debris clearing after the weekend's shenanigans. Already been sent some pics of fallen limbs. Cutting gear on board.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning.

First day for about a week, up here, without gale-force winds. Will head out on the pusher.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

In other news, cold feet, Brrrr 🥶

This. Forgot my overshoes this morning.
    Aldi gloves and aero tuck stopped the rest of me getting too cold.
  • seanoconn
    edited November 2021
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

45 mins my @rse!
    Thanks for the offer, but you haven’t got my preferred equipment 😂
    Massive black dil.do?
  • MattFalle

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

45 mins my @rse!
    This ^.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Nice 👍 2 hours each way for you! What was the length of the old commute?
    Echoed. You'll never do it Stevo (on a regular basis). Though you should buy a Dogma in prep.
    Have you joined the local bowls club yet?

That @Garry H he is a proper hard nut. 35 miles each way into Edinburgh along a very busy road exposed to the east coast (and he would ride at weekends).
    Perhaps that's why he was such a grumpy fecker. :smile:
    Maybe he got squished by a dodgy Romanian truck driver with fake license driving on the wrong side of the road.

Rain/sun, rain/sun here. Going to keep up the core stability exekercisis stuff innit.

Must call gas engineer for a gas engineering job to fit gas burner thingy.

@homers_double : err, cat flap + litter tray?

• MattFalle
    Any ideas if this is 9 speed?

• MattFalle
    no speed markings, serial numbers, etc.
  • pinno
    That is a hard call.

Specific years require esoteric knowledge or catalogues, although 2000-and-older 9 speed derailleurs with the old 8 speed actuation ratio have a conventional B-tension screw while 2001-and-newer 9 speed derailleurs with 10-speed geometry have a rack and pinion arrangement on the lower pivot.

Try:

https://www.velobase.com/ListComponents.aspx?Category=108&BrandID=547f3aa0-e86c-41a3-b5a6-f75628ea75e7
  • Ben6899
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899
    edited November 2021
    Ah, wait... No. I think it is 8spd.
    Ben

• MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

Ah, wait... No. I think it is 8spd.

Think you're right B - thank you very much!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

That is a hard call.

Specific years require esoteric knowledge or catalogues, although 2000-and-older 9 speed derailleurs with the old 8 speed actuation ratio have a conventional B-tension screw while 2001-and-newer 9 speed derailleurs with 10-speed geometry have a rack and pinion arrangement on the lower pivot.

Try:

https://www.velobase.com/ListComponents.aspx?Category=108&BrandID=547f3aa0-e86c-41a3-b5a6-f75628ea75e7

I think those are not real words and you have made them up in an attempt to bamboozle and confuddle me.
  • MattFalle
    And I'm also presuming ypu can't use 9 speed Record shifters with 10 speed mechs?
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

That is a hard call.

Try:

confirmed - conventional B so 8 speed.... grazie

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Day of wfh with a large dose of cba thrown in. Going to look at a house with the old dear at lunchtime. Fingers crossed all is well.
    So do people not believe TLW averages about 40mph on his bike? You lot are so cynical.
    Eurgh, started writing this about an hour ago, had one of my old customers call me up to have a moan. I like this guy so I didn't mind talking to him. Unfortunately my old customers only ever call me to moan about the guys left in sales, a bit of an ego boost for me but worrying from a company point of view if people think it was better when i was in sales.
    Fit the derailleur then see if it works MF, if not blame one of the other MFs.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    sunny but nippy

long overdue shipment finally arrived, new set of obies specially made for me by messrs lightweight, plus a repaired rear one

really thought i'd get landed with prodigious duty+vat, but no! more money kept out of this thieving government's hands, huzzah!

weighing ceremony later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1

So do people not believe TLW averages about 40mph on his bike? You lot are so cynical.

Correct, but to be fair I didn’t let them know it was on my singlespeed
  • A rather fine day. Gadgets delivered first thing, and spent the majority of the day unpacking and assembling. Dust collector all sorted, fairly straightforward. Table saw a little more fiddly, and not done yet. Not helped by following the instructions, either. They're in the wrong sequence....

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS