monday is and should never be

'ning

ride if not soggy, cafes, wfh, ignore some low level radiation safety nonsense, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, WFH which as it’s my first day back and month end will be rather busy.

Run later and no ale for the first time in ages - going to be a bit odd
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod said:

...ignore some low level radiation safety nonsense...

Suncream, sunglasses or dodgy tea?

Frikkin windy here. Been very wet overnight again.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

sungod said:

non-ionising, level nowhere near iffy, but there's been a wave of additional 'guidance' and regulation, which, depending on country, mood, star sign etc. is then inconsistently interpreted/applied

at this rate we'll have to wear a tin foil hat to use the microwave, and induction hobs will require pans with two-metre handles

i blame the electrophobes and 5g loonies

another suspenseful wait for the delivery that wasn't delivered the last umpteen times it was due to be delivered

bright start, but much nippier, looks like it gets colder
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

non-ionising, level nowhere near iffy, but there's been a wave of additional 'guidance' and regulation, which, depending on country, mood, star sign etc. is then inconsistently interpreted/applied

at this rate we'll have to wear a tin foil hat to use the microwave, and induction hobs will require pans with two-metre handles

Is that the ICNIRP stuff?
    Need to stay 3m away then a member of public comes and stands next to you asking what that thing is.

• sungod
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

Need to stay 3m away then a member of public comes and stands next to you asking what that thing is.

yep, increasing number of 'issues' escalated to me/others, i suspect driven by fear of lawyers rather than understanding/applicability of the regulations

earlier, in defiance, i risked entering the zone of doom, no ill effects to report, just a craving for a biccie

sunny out, cafe beckons
  • Wet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • There's a thread on these pages discussing whether the human race is doomed or not. Should be another thread asking for reasons to bother saving it.

Back to taxi driver today. Not sure starting the week this tired and cranky bodes well for the rest of it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Busy unpacking, moving stuff around to get it where we want it, cutting up old packing box's etc. Last full day off today and headed into the office tomorrow where no doubt lots awaits.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Just lost it with a totaldick who has messed up 6 weeks of training planning because he couldn't get the date of his ownfucking leave correct. Imbecile.

Apart from that, windy. V windy.

Going to go and kick fuckout of a bin.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw, usual nonsense is offset a little by the presence of my beautiful assistant. I was asked what somebody's surname was earlier, apparently it's not 'thefuckwit' as I've always believed. Quite a pleasant wobble in the sunshine to get here, unfortunately it will be dark for the return. Very tedious.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw, usual nonsense is offset a little by the presence of my beautiful assistant. I was asked what somebody's surname was earlier, apparently it's not 'thefuckwit' as I've always believed. Quite a pleasant wobble in the sunshine to get here, unfortunately it will be dark for the return. Very tedious.

I have an exciting array of high vis/lights combos for the post clock back return this evening. 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Back to work this week. Not a busy Monday to be fair, although I don’t think I’ve slept properly for a week now! Can someone stop the earth please - I’ve had enough and would like to get off now!!

Hohum. Tutoring after work, need to pop to B+Q for some diy needs, should get a haircut but probably won’t bother. Just a tad over 48 hours until d-day part two (d meaning digital rectal exam, which still isn’t as much fun as it sounds! #amirite)
  • MattFalle
    Any news from the tests the other day?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    No not yet. I’m assuming that the PSA level will be sky high so that if it isn’t I’ll feel a bit better.
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

yep, increasing number of 'issues' escalated to me/others, i suspect driven by fear of lawyers rather than understanding/applicability of the regulations

earlier, in defiance, i risked entering the zone of doom, no ill effects to report, just a craving for a biccie
    It's now a condition on the amateur radio licence, but we've got an easy spreadsheet to fill in and print out.
    There's a lot of people making a mountain out of this molehill.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Just lost it with a totaldick who has messed up 6 weeks of training planning because he couldn't get the date of his ownfucking leave correct. Imbecile.

Apart from that, windy. V windy.

Going to go and kick fuckout of a bin.

#ladhood

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

I have an exciting array of high vis/lights combos for the post clock back return this evening. 😃
    Weather's looking good for tomorrow so I'll stick the dickhead 10,000* on charge for the ride home.

*lumens
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

Weather's looking good for tomorrow so I'll stick the dickhead 10,000* on charge for the ride home.

*lumens
    If you blind 'em, they might swerve into you.
  • pinno
    All cosy.

Although, he didn't like his photo being taken.
  • MattFalle

bean bag cosy last night
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

All cosy.

Although, he didn't like his photo being taken.

Very tempting to boot the lazy bugger into the fire from there.

(Don’t tell SG I said that)
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

bean bag cosy last night

Feed your dog MF for Christ sake!
  • MattFalle
    Nah. if i do that how i am going to slide him under doors a la Flat Stanley to rescue errant MFs a la Lassie?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Very tempting to boot the lazy censored into the fire from there.

He's not a fat lazy censored and never mind what SG thinks...

I gave him this to watch last night as it was raining hard and blowing a hooley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pbreU5ChmA&t=449s

...and he does go out in the rain in a way that most cats don't. He can come back at 3am soaking and playing all nicey nicey piano on me*, hairy soggy.
    Sometimes he leaves me a present; a ferret, a rabbit perhaps.

*"It's me, i'm back".
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

...and he does go out in the rain in a way that most cats don't. He can come back at 3am soaking and playing all nicey nicey piano on me*, hairy soggy.

*"It's me, i'm back".
    Is it in a good enough state to cook and eat ?
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

*"It's me, i'm back".
    Is it in a good enough state to cook and eat ?
    Err. I suppose you could casserole the remains or.. pate. Yeah, that's it 'game pate'.