saturday demonstrating sabrage

'ning

forecast soggy again

jab-ennui persists, cafe stroll, see if what wasn't delivered the last umpteen times makes it today, laze, keep following lily b's advice

i drink champagne when i'm happy and when i'm sad. sometimes i drink it when i'm alone. when i have company i consider it obligatory. i trifle with it if i'm not hungry and drink it when i am. otherwise, i never touch it -- unless i'm thirsty
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep which is perfect when you are driving hundreds of miles 🙄
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Shoot sleep which is perfect when you are driving hundreds of miles 🙄

Must have been the excitement at the thought of coming home :smiley:

Soggy here too. Going for a quick walk this morning then hide in a cafe.
    Forecast looks good for later, wonder if we'll get aurora tonight.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Early (for me) trying to get brain let alone body awake, and failing so far.

Text received saying delivery of replacement large household appliance arriving between 0741 and 1141, depending blah blah. 0741 on a Saturday morning! Heathens.

More 100% pure Colombian perlease.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

last 1/2 day of hols - #pants

bubbly consumed, about to go in hot tub, then finish packing, shower, head out to lunch, airport....

expected arrival time at home: 10:15 tonight....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Finally the rain stopped, and a nice afternoon. Did some shed tidying in prep for new tools arriving Monday, general faffing about enjoying a day off taxi duty.

Opinions please: stickers off these wheels? Thinking I’ll leave the “Roval” one but peel the other off. Or should both go? Excuse the filthy bar tape.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    Never mind the stickers. I'm intrigued by the cages. Is this a result of coming from a land down under?

And there's today's tune stuck in the head
  • Wheelspinner
    orraloon said:

Never mind the stickers. I'm intrigued by the cages. Is this a result of coming from a land down under?

I can’t stand that song any more. Plus there’s a bit of tragedy associated with it these days.

Cages are these:

https://ravx.com/product/gamma-x/

• MattFalle

Finally the rain stopped, and a nice afternoon. Did some shed tidying in prep for new tools arriving Monday, general faffing about enjoying a day off taxi duty.

Opinions please: stickers off these wheels? Thinking I’ll leave the “Roval” one but peel the other off. Or should both go? Excuse the filthy bar tape.

tbh i think they are alright but you should send the bike to me anyway to double check
  • MattFalle

orraloon said:

I can’t stand that song any more. Plus there’s a bit of tragedy associated with it these days.

Cages are these:

https://ravx.com/product/gamma-x/

those cages rock. neeeeeeeed some.
  • orraloon
    Do you never lose a bottle out the (lack of) bottom? Specific bottle / bidon (toot away Carlton) sizes?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

think they're ok, adds a smidge of colour

are those red speedplays? since wahoo bought speedplay things have gone very drab, i've bought a couple of pre-wahoo black ones to cannibalise for the metal inserts to keep my reds ones going
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    They are a fairly tight fit for Camelbak Podium bottles, and a couple Elite ones. Never lost a bottle but not really done that many miles with these on a frame.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited October 2021
    What is that WS - Titanium w carbon forks?
    Leave the stickers. On or off; it's neither here nor there.

Bright stuff this morning. Will assist the toots and the OH out of the door and then go pedalling and tour the damage through marshes and around missing bridges and deep deep puddles.

#squeakybb
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I hope that ^ is in tin foil.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    Up early, for me, on a Saturday coz of delivery due from 0741. 2.5 hours of sitting on my arris tapping on a keyboard, one eye looking out for a big green van, I could have been asleep.

Big freezer unit now here, so some sorting out to do, shuffle units about, get new one prepped and running down to temp... fun, fun, fun. Stopped raining though.
  • Wheelspinner
    sungod said:

think they're ok, adds a smidge of colour

are those red speedplays? since wahoo bought speedplay things have gone very drab, i've bought a couple of pre-wahoo black ones to cannibalise for the metal inserts to keep my reds ones going
    Yep, a set of the titanium spindle Zero with red butterflies. Have a white set plus somewhere a yellow pair I think, and I also have the Sidi shoes with the flat 4 bolt carbon soleplate specific for the cleats. Lower stack. Lovely things. Will be a shame when they wear out…
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

Bright stuff this morning. Will assist the toots and the OH out of the door and then go pedalling and tour the damage through marshes and around missing bridges and deep deep puddles.

#squeakybb

Ti and carbon frame, carbon forks. Some lovely details

• MattFalle

pinno said:

#squeakybb

Ti and carbon frame, carbon forks. Some lovely details

oooh, thats nice. can you have it packaged up and sent over asap please.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Morning Local parkrun has been swum today followed by breakfast and several coffee's.
    Waiting for joiner to finish fitting last 2 doors and then chilling. Tip run postponed due to wet stuff.

wtaf is that?
  • MattFalle
    just been for divine lamb chops and a beer and waiting for taxi to go airport.

really can't be bothered to leave
  • MattFalle said:

my advice, Don't!

tis wet n gloomy, O so gloomy here ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    edited October 2021
    Last few days must have caught up with us as we didn't get up till gone 10 (although had to let hounds out at 8).

Dogs just saw some pheasants in the garden and went bonkers.

Now drinking tea and planning the next part of the unpacking and sorting. Aerial arrived so at least should get MOTD tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now relaxing. Unfortunately the EPO is making a list of jobs, I need to get out of the area soon. Taking the old dear to see mad uncle shortly.
    Careful with that aerial Stevo, don't let any emus help you. We all know what happened to Rod Hull.
    I'd leave the wheels Spinner, bike looks good as it is.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ‘noon

Just repaired* a kerbed alloy wheel on my dad’s car. Quite pleased with the result.

*cosmetic

Not much else planned.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

Morning Local parkrun has been swum today followed by breakfast and several coffee's.
    Waiting for joiner to finish fitting last 2 doors and then chilling. Tip run postponed due to wet stuff.

wtaf is that?
    Dolce Gusto coffee capsule, one of my little luxurious and cheaper than proper coffee machine. Plus after working for them for a number of years I can still get them cheaper via mates still working there.
    c c c c capsule?????

ffs
  • thistle_
    Evening

MattFalle said:

my advice, Don't!

tis wet n gloomy, O so gloomy here ;)
    Yes, it's been terrible in Lancashire today too:

Reproofed my boots last night and had dry feet for the first time in ages.
    Those stormwear jeans from M&S actually seem to be a bit waterproof too.
    Still too hot on the ups and too cold as soon as I stop.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now relaxing. Unfortunately the EPO is making a list of jobs, I need to get out of the area soon. Taking the old dear to see mad uncle shortly.
    Careful with that aerial Stevo, don't let any emus help you. We all know what happened to Rod Hull.
    I'd leave the wheels Spinner, bike looks good as it is.

Indoor aerial as a stopgap so no Rod Hull episodes :smile: Just need the sodding WiFi but BY can't come till Wednesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Living room now looking vaguely liveable but still got loads to do.

• thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Looks good enough for when the MFs get back from their holiday.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks good enough for when the MFs get back from their holiday.
    I might have to start charging rent.