• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

WFW
    Gym later
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Holiday now in full acceleration mode towards the end 😢

Long (ish) run, then the beach, out for lunch then crazy golf, oyster bar and then various other bars.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    just saw the ft front page, tax cut on bubbly, aside from that, meh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Yes, Sunak has been an exemplary G Brown apprentice.

Can it stop bloody raining?
    Jack is not a happy bunny either.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    met office website says london is currently cloudless and sunny, it must be some other london, this one is gloomygrey
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Yes, Sunak has been an exemplary G Brown apprentice.

Can it stop bloody raining?

I'm wondering where all this money is suddenly coming from, can't all be down to extra tax on more expensive gas/petrol/food.

Not raining here...yet. I've brought a coat in today though which is a novelty.
  • sungod
    forecast sunniness arrived, cafe stroll achieved

three different things due to arrive today, or tomorrow, or some other time, one item is reportedly going to arrive both today and tomorrow, logistics systems seem to have gone random
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod said:

forecast sunniness arrived, cafe stroll achieved

three different things due to arrive today, or tomorrow, or some other time, one item is reportedly going to arrive both today and tomorrow, logistics systems seem to have gone random

Ours too. I’ve had 2 boxes arrive the last 2 days, although according to the courier tracking, one hasn’t left Brisbane and the second is enjoying an extended holiday tour of the east coast.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Perhaps it's the revenge of Cargobike?
    Need a new saw chain for my saw, possibly in time for Halloween...

Going to Spooky World in Warrington tonight with the gang, the most frighting thing I've seen/heard about is the menu at the catering tent.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Today is lovely and hot and we have been sailing.

We decided to keelhaul one of the MFs just for, well, #shits'n'giggles

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Now installed in Casa Stevo, unfortunately no WiFi but we've worked out the central heating and now working on finding the bloody aerial socket for the TV. One of the neighbours came round with a bottle of bubbly which was a good start.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Congrats! Hope the final bits go smooth as and enjoy the bubbly - the least I could do.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Welcome to the next chapter Stevo
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Stevo_666 said:

One of the neighbours came round with a bottle of bubbly which was a good start.

Complete with scrotemeter no doubt. Who are these furrins movin' in 'ere? Did you pass the test?

Long work work day. Long term clients, helping out the missus who is keen to grow veges and keep their rather nice place with A1 (not that one) viewscapes in fine fettle. End of season sorting out ready for winter. Mr is now +7 years into his Parkinson's diagnosis and sadly is back in a care home as struggling to source in house carers. Brexit bonus innit. Lovely people, really sad how their situation is deteriorating. That might be my last sesh there if I do actually get my shite act together and stop this working cycle.

Couple glasses and hit the pillows...
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Great stuff Stevo! Hope everything goes swimmingly from here
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Welcome to the next chapter Stevo

This is definitely the next chapter. The last one lasted 23 years :o
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

One of the neighbours came round with a bottle of bubbly which was a good start.

Complete with scrotemeter no doubt. Who are these furrins movin' in 'ere? Did you pass the test?

Long work work day. Long term clients, helping out the missus who is keen to grow veges and keep their rather nice place with A1 (not that one) viewscapes in fine fettle. End of season sorting out ready for winter. Mr is now +7 years into his Parkinson's diagnosis and sadly is back in a care home as struggling to source in house carers. Brexit bonus innit. Lovely people, really sad how their situation is deteriorating. That might be my last sesh there if I do actually get my shite act together and stop this working cycle.

I wasn't there - the hounds were at doggy daycare to keep them out the way while the movers cleared the house out, so while I was out rerieving them Strifey passed. Seems there's a decent social group here made up of the 4 households on our little cul de sac.
  • Wheelspinner
    How does the place look without all that furniture and decoration cr@p?

Just got up, dunno why I bothered. Almost 2" of rain overnight and more forecast all day.
  • Stevo_666

Just got up, dunno why I bothered. Almost 2" of rain overnight and more forecast all day.

More spacious :smile: We'll spend a bit of time getting it kitted out how we want it. Paint job, lights, furniture, that sort of thing.
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

More spacious :smile: We'll spend a bit of time and a whole truckload of cash getting it kitted out how we want it. Paint job, lights, furniture, that sort of thing.
    FTFY

Good luck with it! :-)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Now installed in Casa Stevo...

POIDH

• MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

I wasn't there - the hounds were at doggy daycare to keep them out the way while the movers cleared the house out, so while I was out rerieving them Strifey passed. Seems there's a decent social group here made up of the 4 households on our little cul de sac.
    decent social group of 4 households?

"Hi, come in, lovely to meet you. Put your keys in the fruitbowl over there. I'm Jacqui, this is Phil.

Bob and Maureen will be down in a second - they're just upstairs.

Bob is my husband by the way, Maureen is Phil's wife. We're close in the cul de sac"

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours
    With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Which MF has the short chubby legs nearest the camera?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

More spacious :smile: We'll spend a bit of time getting it kitted out how we want it. Paint job, lights, furniture, that sort of thing.
    Stevo_666 said:

Dedicated cider fridge 👍
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Which MF has the short chubby legs nearest the camera?
    the one we use for sending into small spaces, hiding in cupboards, up trees, that sorta thang.

he's the one we keelhauled
  • seanoconn
    More pics please MF
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours
    With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend

Get togethers to discuss which was the best Tory conference.
    Maggie appreciation evenings.
    Primula watch.
    How to fold your Union Jack properly.
    Should one iron one's pants inside out debate.
    Darts with Scargill, Kinnock, Benn and Foot posters.

What fun.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

More pics please MF

here's one of the local bus timetable
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Dedicated cider fridge 👍
    Fridge freezer installed with food, cider etc :smile: