monday storm derry and toms roof garden, establish fob in the sun pavilion, victory

'ning

ride, brekkie colbert, natter, smidge of gmcing, ride, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    That Colbert place looks nice. Might go check it out on the way back.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    First official day of holiday and already got a request to join a call 🤬

Head is fuzzy after an afternoon and night of enjoying the local bars. Got a vague memory of being invited to some random peoples house party on Friday - think I will give it a miss

Run first then we really should fill the fridge with stuff that isn’t alcoholic.

Kids are choosing todays meal so I imagine it isn’t seafood
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    edited October 2021
    sungod said:

'ning

ride, brekkie colbert, natter, smidge of gmcing, ride, laze

"We are unable to take reservations outside, tables are allocated on a first come, first served basis"

Thumbs up for that ^.

Pity it has to be situated amongst the all conquering Chelsea tractor boys.
    That's opposed to the Norwich tractor boys who have incidentally just formed which might be the cause of some confusion with the original tractor boys which are roughly in the vicinity (not an inter stellar vicinity 'cos that would be a Nats tit hair split vicinity) and some sections of the crowd will still swear they are the Canaries but that's not to be confused with Canary wharf or Jim McColm who was called 'The hairy Canary'... He's very bald now.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Where tf is the MF's?!

Did I say it is dull?
    Is it pitch black when you venture out at silly a.m SG?
    What do you use for lighting - some sort of Lignite infused phosphor?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    thistle_ said:

post-brekkie i recommend the steak tartare and frites with bolly (which is remarkably well priced for london)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    edited October 2021
    pinno said:

Where tf is the MF's?!

Did I say it is dull?
    Is it pitch black when you venture out at silly a.m SG?
    What do you use for lighting - some sort of Lignite infused phosphor?

don't usually ride until light, though if gloomy i'll put lights on, light pollution means london is never really dark, more a matter of not getting run down

this morning sunny :)
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Doc’s appointment done. Got a referral to the urologist to look forward to - prostate wasn’t completely smooth so let’s rule out anything sinister. Which immediately makes me think there’s something sinister. Guess it’s a waiting game now.

In work, going to try to get some marking done. Home by lunchtime.
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

post-brekkie i recommend the steak tartare and frites with bolly (which is remarkably well priced for london)
    Next time gadget, next time.

Too many zombies in zone 1 so gtfo of there as quickly as possible.

On a train full of Londoners really excited about going to Liverpool for some reason.
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

That was my meal last night 😎
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Yet another day of cr@p weather, cold, wet and breezy.

Rang the stupid courier company which has (again) over-charged me. Asked them for some validation for the bill, got a photo which claims a small discrepancy in the declared dimensions of 2 cm (!). Length and height correct, just width they claim is 53, not 51. No calculations or other evidence provided as to how the (still incorrect) amount determined based on that in the "invoice".

Have emailed them back the complete extract from their own T&C document, which is fairly explicit how it is to be done, even if their own accounting system fails to do it. Noted that according to the data they provided, the additional charge should have been $2.25 at maximum, and yet they billed $15.91. With no substantiation.

Have pointed out that taking money from customer's accounts without being able to substantiate or justify it may be deemed "fraud" and/or "criminal theft".

Last thing I want right now is angst dealing with f^^kmuppets. I'm a little low on tolerance just lately.

Rest of the day was a bit like the absent MF's - sat in a car park, waiting. Added bonus: in the rain.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, dealing with much stupid for a change. If there is a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong and yet they manage almost 100%, that would imply they are doing it on purpose to me. But their manager defends them, is he telling them to do it wrong?
    i haven't been into the garage for nearly a week, I wonder if the garage MF is in trouble and I'm the reason they've gone quiet. Maybe I should check.
    I should probably do some work.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Coming up for air in amongst moving boxes around etc. Movers coming in tomorrow to box up the rest of the stuff then take most of it away on Wednesday. Forgot how much grief moving house can be. Work can do one for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Have you packed up a couple of MFs by mistake?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Afternoon!

Think I've got a written-off carbon fork in my best bike... gutted.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Afternoon!

New bike time :smiley:
    What have you done to it?
  • Ben6899
    thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

Afternoon!

Having trouble getting preload to stay set (think it's a slipping stem) and have had it all apart to clean before assembling with a lick of fibre grip...

... noticed a witness mark from the compression ring. Can't decide if it's cosmetic (steerers have fine coat of resin?) or terminal.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • veronese68
    I'm sure it's fine, if you're not sure just check it after a while to see if it gets any worse.
  • pinno
    Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

Afternoon!

Having trouble getting preload to stay set (think it's a slipping stem) and have had it all apart to clean before assembling with a lick of fibre grip...

... noticed a witness mark from the compression ring. Can't decide if it's cosmetic (steerers have fine coat of resin?) or terminal.
    The only way to test it to go down a hill at 60mph.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

...prostate wasn’t completely smooth...

Hopefully:
    a) you need a saddle with a cut out or
    b) if it is sinister, they caught it early
    c) some sort of inflammation

Fingers crossed for you.

• johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

...prostate wasn’t completely smooth...

Hopefully:
    a) you need a saddle with a cut out or
    b) if it is sinister, they caught it early
    c) some sort of inflammation

Fingers crossed for you.

Cheers. Hoping for b or c here. Preferably c. But assume the worst and all that…
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Have you packed up a couple of MFs by mistake?

Bloody well hope not...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68

I'm sure it's fine, if you're not sure just check it after a while to see if it gets any worse.

The above was with reference to Ben's fork, whilst a lot of it could be applied to Mr GTi's post I hope they check that out more thoroughly and all is well. Not really concentrating earlier and missed the content of that one, sorry.
  • johngti

The above was with reference to Ben's fork, whilst a lot of it could be applied to Mr GTi's post I hope they check that out more thoroughly and all is well. Not really concentrating earlier and missed the content of that one, sorry.
    No apology needed 🙂
  • Ben6899
    Missed your post as well, @johngti . Sending good vibes your way, good sir.

Sorry for moaning about something trivial!
    Ben

• johngti
    Ben6899 said:

Really, don’t worry. I’ve spent the day trying to get my head around it. Think I’m at a place now where I know I have no control so I’m not going to let it dominate. Blood test later in the week, waiting on the urologist. That’ll probably take a couple of weeks to organise. And then we see.

Trivial is good.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Ben6899 said:

Really, don’t worry. I’ve spent the day trying to get my head around it. Think I’m at a place now where I know I have no control so I’m not going to let it dominate. Blood test later in the week, waiting on the urologist. That’ll probably take a couple of weeks to organise. And then we see.

Trivial is good.
    Fingers crossed for you JGTI.
  • pinno

I wonder if the garage MF is in trouble and I'm the reason they've gone quiet. Maybe I should check.

Take a pointy stick with you.

• tlw1
    Ben6899 said:

Plus potato
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

Afternoon!

Pics in workshop…

Ben