saturday rehab

'ning

nippy

ride to blow away many cobwebs, cafe and cake, cafe stroll, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.

OH asked me to reconnect the turntable as it had not been set up after the last furniture and system reshuffle. Sure, no problem. What am I rewarded with? Three hours of a Cat Stevens retrospective.

I had to run to the shed and play with power saws for a more soothing sonic experience.

Did I mention it's a bit wet today here?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Ferry put back so we can enjoy a decent pig based breakfast at the hotel.

Beer, wine and seafood will feature today
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Going to re-cable my bike today, stick a bit of heat shrink on the cables to tidy it up and stop a bit of rattling. Might work, might be rubbish but it’ll keep me amused for a bit.

Actual face to face dr appointment on Monday to look forward to. And have come to the conclusion that HoD in school is the #shittestjob going. Impossible to make anyone happy, constantly looking over your shoulder to see who’s stabbing you in the back now.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    johngti said:

Morning. Going to re-cable my bike today, stick a bit of heat shrink on the cables to tidy it up and stop a bit of rattling. Might work, might be rubbish but it’ll keep me amused for a bit.

Actual face to face dr appointment on Monday to look forward to. And have come to the conclusion that HoD in school is the #shittestjob going. Impossible to make anyone happy, constantly looking over your shoulder to see who’s stabbing you in the back now.

Pics of your cable work please gti. I’m dead keen on cycling again, comes in 2 yearly cycles (no pun intended) spend a fortune on kit and accessories then leave the bike sting in the hall for the next two years. Anyway, I’m like a sponge soaking up bike related knowledge atm so and pics please.

You need a set of these 👍

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Pics of your cable work please gti. I’m dead keen on cycling again, comes in 2 yearly cycles (no pun intended) spend a fortune on kit and accessories then leave the bike sting in the hall for the next two years. Anyway, I’m like a sponge soaking up bike related knowledge atm so and pics please.

I’ll do you some before and after pics. And what I need is to not be the HoD but maintain my pay. Dammit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited October 2021

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.
    Did I mention it's a bit wet today here?

But still not nearly as wet as the west Coast of Jockland.
    Seems to be a lot of humid, tropical air around.

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/map/maxmintemp/world

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

...and SG, trust you enjoyed the break.

Break from what?!

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

I’m dead keen on cycling again, comes in 2 yearly cycles (no pun intended) spend a fortune on kit and accessories then leave the bike sting in the hall for the next two years.

At least you are honest.

• pinno
    johngti said:

Morning. Going to re-cable my bike today, stick a bit of heat shrink on the cables to tidy it up...

Good fun that heat shrink stuff.
    I need to do the brake lines on Porker#1 and to do it in true Porker style, you need to add heat shrink.

• pinno
    Slight break from the rain but no let up from the wind.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=0.77,54.09,1965
  • pinno
    Where tf are the MF's?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    No rain here. Walk dogs. Do yet more house move related stuff. Relax in the evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

I’m loving the bike again, just about to spend a fortune repairing the singlespeed CX bike and just pulled the trigger on a gravel bike (only a planet flex one)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pinno said:

Where tf are the MF's?

As I understand, there is a bit of intra-MFs kerfuffle going on, one faction unhappy with the other, I think it's to with love or not love poxy little city cars or something, so they're locked in a basement somewhere sorting each other out a bit.

Eventually breakfasted, let that digest a bit before toddling over to the gym, get these ageing joints and tendons revved up some more.

November like weather here. Grey, cold, boring. Bleugh.
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

I’m loving the bike again, just about to spend a fortune repairing the singlespeed CX bike and just pulled the trigger on a gravel bike (only a planet flex one)
    So reading between the lines, what you’re saying is “sean needs a gravel bike ASAP” ok, I give in, I cave easily and at least I have someone to blame. 👍
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

So reading between the lines, what you’re saying is “sean needs a gravel bike ASAP” ok, I give in, I cave easily and at least I have someone to blame. 👍
    Do it, do it
  • johngti
    Before:

• johngti
    One side done (brakes need bleeding and front mech setting up but…):

• johngti
    Think I could do with shortening the right hand cable/hose too
  • johngti
    Can’t decide if I like it…
  • seanoconn
    If you’re enjoying the fiddling then fiddle some more until completely satisfied.

What is the main nick nack on the window sill?
  • johngti
    That’s some rubbishy lantern thing Mrs GTi decided was needed. I’m yet to be convinced…
  • johngti
    Done. Think it looks pretty good now…

• pinno
    johngti said:

I was going to flag it.
  • johngti
    😱 for what?! Harshing my vibe, dude
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

At least you chain is in the big ring.

• johngti
    tetley10 said:

johngti said:

Yep. Just proving that it can still shift that far…
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

tetley10 said:

johngti said:

Yep. Just proving that it can still shift that far…
    That's good to know.