Friday - Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,832
edited October 2021 in The bottom bracket
Yeah no hounds so no alarm set 😎 can’t sleep and need a run so up early despite a long day ahead πŸ™„

Run, work stuff, pack and then into the car and head south for a hotel before the ferry tomorrow. The plan is obviously to drive fast and reach the hotel bar before it closes
Β«1

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    A34 on a Friday, a Friday at the start of the school holidays? Enjoy that. πŸ€” Trust your hotel bar stays open late.

Back to the woods again today, more coppicing. Extra layers season is here but should be dry.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Yeah no hounds so no alarm set 😎 can’t sleep and need a run so up early despite a long day ahead πŸ™„

Run, work stuff, pack and then into the car and head south for a hotel before the ferry tomorrow. The plan is obviously to drive fast and reach the hotel bar before it closes

Have a great holiday πŸ‘ Do we need to appoint a temporary thread starter for the temporary thread starter?
    Pinno, מלך ΧΧ™Χ“Χ™Χ•Χ˜ וחרא ΧžΧ›Χ•Χ ΧΧ™
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

A34 on a Friday, a Friday at the start of the school holidays? Enjoy that. πŸ€” Trust your hotel bar stays open late.

Back to the woods again today, more coppicing. Extra layers season is here but should be dry.

Haven’t you sorted these woods by now? Father in-law is an honorary member of the association that looks after the woods in his region. It’s an excuse to go to their hut, eat wild boar and get p!ssed.

The only plus side of extra layer season is the excuse to wear a selection of snazzy coats. Today Is my awesome M65 field jacket

• tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Have a great holiday πŸ‘ Do we need to appoint a temporary thread starter for the temporary thread starter?
    Cheers

I’m hoping they have 5G in France too (ok I live in the country and will accept 3G)
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

I’m hoping they have 5G in France too (ok I live in the country and will accept 3G)
    I remember as a kid my mum, fluent, A level French don’t you know, ordering fish and chips for for the three of us in her best accent from a slightly bemused looking waiter. The waiter comes back later and delivers with a sneer one plate of fish and chips and two empty plates to share the food! πŸ˜‚
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

I remember as a kid my mum, fluent, A level French don’t you know, ordering fish and chips for for the three of us in her best accent from a slightly bemused looking waiter. The waiter comes back later and delivers with a sneer one plate of fish and chips and two empty plates to share the food! πŸ˜‚
    Current wife’s degree was in French and she lived there for a year and loves to watch me struggle with pigeon French πŸ™„ but it is funny if she says I’m correct and the waiter is just taking the 9155 as she then steps in full on song
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

Current wife’s degree was in French and she lived there for a year and loves to watch me struggle with pigeon French πŸ™„ but it is funny if she says I’m correct and the waiter is just taking the 9155 as she then steps in full on song
    They all speak English, you make the effort and they still take the p!ss, can’t win with those f@ckers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Always wondered why they have this (length of) October break.
    Weather is pants, travel companies put their prices up. Wouldn't it me much better to have 1 week off and add that week to Easter or Xmas or even the end of the summer hols?

My two go back on Monday.

Very windy, dull and very wet here.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-3.18,54.55,2978
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Where in France are you going TLW?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Le touquet, which annoyingly had a marathon last weekend - if it had been this weekend……….
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited October 2021
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

I’m hoping they have SG in France too
    One is enough, where's he gone this time anyway?
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

πŸ˜‚
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

There was probably a vague clue in one of SG’s posts, a bottle of plonk that hinted of the region perhaps that we were suppose to pick up on.

A simple β€œI’m going here, and will be back by this date.” Would be appreciated.
  • tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Le touquet.
    To far away from the mountains. Would not tap.

On a similar note, has anyone who is interested in the white stuff watched The Fifty Project on youtube? A series of short ski clips 5-10 minutes about a mission to ski 50 of the best lines in the states
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Le touquet.

On a similar note, has anyone who is interested in the white stuff watched The Fifty Project on youtube? A series of short ski clips 5-10 minutes about a mission to ski 50 of the best lines in the states
    No.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

There was probably a vague clue in one of SG’s posts, a bottle of plonk that hinted of the region perhaps that we were suppose to pick up on.

A simple β€œI’m going here, and will be back by this date.” Would be appreciated.
    He's just trying to be this obscure international man of mystery.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited October 2021
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

He's just trying to be this obscure international man of mystery.
    Austin 'Sungod' Powers :smile:

As expected on my last full day of work before November, all the idiots have come out of the woodwork with stupid and un-necessary questions. Roll on 5:30.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Le touquet.

I agree 😒
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh after a couple of days in the orifice. How do my idiots have time to bother Stevo as well? Usual levels of stupid are being encountered here, nothing new. Next door seems to have erupted, the kids have an inset day and the mother is being her usual delightful self. I seem to be recovering from the snots the garage MF gave me, unfortunately the EPO seems to have it now.
    Enjoy French France TLW. I'm not going to be temporary stand in thread starter stand in for the temporary stand in thread starter as we all know I'm incapable of getting up early at the weekend.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Le touquet.

No.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Finishing work, heading to the gym then home.

flying out on Sunday for a week's hol.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Yeah the weekend. Plus side, no taxi duty for two whole days. Minus side, forecast is for a minor deluge both days, again.

Long slow walk this afternoon, since I'm not able to ride at all this week. Cooked excellent pizza for dinner.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Le touquet.

Nope, but ta for the tip. Will take a look this evening.

@tlw1 - enjoy the hols
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    For all the desk jockeys, my work environment today.
    😁

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Cheers

advance notice would spoil the speculation

to sate the desire for detail... it was a squiffy city break in deepest london, bubbly lunch at waldorf, bubbly at bar, bubbly dinner, cognac and port, sleep, brekkie, art exhibition, rooftop bubbly lunch at the radio bar, swim, sauna, bubbly dinner, i'd bagged a private box to see rocky horror with bubbly, did the time warp, most enjoyable - we'd dressed up, mrs s most impressed by my surprise pointy boots with spiky studs, i equally impressed by her magenta outfit, as was the doorman at the waldorf and passers-by on the street - cognac and port, sleep, bubbly brekkie at the delaunay next door, staggered back to the waldorf, checked out in time for bubbly lunch, headed home

hic
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    We need the pictures sg. πŸ‘
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

We need the pictures sg. πŸ‘

But he lives in London!

Sounds like a very pricey squiffy.
    Would love some pics of the outfit.