wednesday with pachyderms

'ning

rain rain rain

cafe stroll, bit of wfh, head off for jolly jaunt, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Not sure if it is a mistake but hybrid commute today. Legs are dead though after yesterdays ‘long hilly hard’ season, I think the coach was laughing when he titled that.

Later is undecided but should really be a run as I miss Fridays and Saturdays due to travelling to the cheese eating surrendering monkey land for a holiday
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    tlw1 said:

Not sure if it is a mistake but hybrid commute today. Legs are dead though after yesterdays ‘long hilly hard’ season, I think the coach was laughing when he titled that.

Later is undecided but should really be a run as I miss Fridays and Saturdays due to travelling to the cheese eating surrendering monkey land for a holiday

Off to that French France place? Seems a lifetime ago I last visited, a fantastic week over Xmas visiting an English mate who lived in Paris working for the UN at the time.

Sunny day for a change, even if a bit breezy. Finished mowing paddock over on the Eastern Bloc side, at least that job done for another month or so. Really need to get the brush cutter and chainsaws out and tidy up around the perimeter of the block but Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the Donkey that's a big job. @orraloon want some extra work!?

Cup of tea and proper fruit cake to think about it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Wet. Grey. Wet. Windy. Bleh. The elephants eh. It is supposed to clear up a bit in a couple of hours so client work work can continue. So lazy start.

WS, I'll check my diary and see when I can fit you in. Sounds like hard yakka. Just be sure to chuck another couple prawns on the barbie mite and have coldies ready.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    tlw1 said:

Not sure if it is a mistake but hybrid commute today.

Ditto but a different kind.
    The always reliable weather forecast was looking OK for hometime...

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459

Sunny day for a change, even if a bit breezy. Finished mowing paddock over on the Eastern Bloc side, at least that job done for another month or so. Really need to get the brush cutter and chainsaws out and tidy up around the perimeter of the block but Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the Donkey that's a big job. @orraloon want some extra work!?

You can come and practice on my new gaff once we're in. Got the tree surgeon coming round not long after we're moved to see about getting some stuff done.

Normal day of WFH stuff here, with the bloke from the local aquarium coming round later on to drain the pond and take the fish to a new home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Sunny start, no wind. Will play taxi duties and try and squeeze a pedal in. If it changes, i'll not be a happy bunny 'cos I could have been away already.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

I dodged the rain thankfully!

Did you carry cake into work today?
  • Just been in the works building up some components to show on of the guys how it's done.
    Now searching for a new bearing press as the ham fisted barstewards have probably ruined the old one.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    orraloon said:

Wet. Grey. Wet. Windy. Bleh. The elephants eh. It is supposed to clear up a bit in a couple of hours so client work work can continue. So lazy start.

WS, I'll check my diary and see when I can fit you in. Sounds like hard yakka. Just be sure to chuck another couple prawns on the barbie mite and have coldies ready.

No wuckers.
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

You can come and practice on my new gaff once we're in. Got the tree surgeon coming round not long after we're moved to see about getting some stuff done.

Normal day of WFH stuff here, with the bloke from the local aquarium coming round later on to drain the pond and take the fish to a new home.
    “Tree Surgeon” - makes me laugh. Beardy blokes with chainsaws and axes…

I’ll be doing a bit of that surgery soon on a few if I can be ar$ed to sharpen the chain. Last outing was on some pretty dry and tough old hardwood and it was getting a bit ragged at the end of that argument.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Did I bollocks.
    Last time I brought pork pies instead of cake and nobody wanted any.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Did I bollocks.
    Bring some to me!!!!! I’m close(ish)
  • tlw1

Stevo_666 said:

This
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Did I bollocks.
    What I would do for a decent Porkie Pie.
    Used to get hand made one's back in 'Naam. They were superb.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

This
    If you grow a beard then I guess you can do the job? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I’ll be doing a bit of that surgery soon on a few if I can be ar$ed to sharpen the chain. Last outing was on some pretty dry and tough old hardwood and it was getting a bit ragged at the end of that argument.

They probably will be that, but these trees are too big/too tall for me to handle with my step ladder and B&Q saw.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674

orraloon said:

No wuckers.
    😊 Like that one, didn't know it.