monday feeding the guilty to astarte's lions, with a smidge of saffron

'ning

ride wfh laze, plan short break
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Home, look after teen GTi, take little GTi to school, mark mock papers, lesson prep for tomorrow, hope teen GTi hasn’t passed on the ‘Rona.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Hounds walked, work stuff mixed with dealing with the tree surgeon.

Later is a run and some online strength session with my coach
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Suburbia dawn.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Park and pedal to avoid roadworks.
    Got carried away and went a longer route, but forgot to start Strava so maybe I didn't.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited October 2021
    Ciao

went to gym but back well hurts - think its just down to sitting in a car park waiting for bambina for too long yesterday rather than anything else, so just did short session, tried to explain realities to some posh bloke then gave up.

Going to have coffee, hot shower, do some prep for some stuff. If back feels better than head back in later or give THE MIGHTY AYGO OF POWER a pressure wash.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    MattFalle said:

...give THE MIGHTY AYGO OF POWER a pressure wash.

Don't.

Piddlin daan 'ere.

Seems one helluva long October break what with dodgy weather and sicky Tricky but she's doing better and hasn't moaned once.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Been to the gym, had some random bloke trying to tell me what to do but he obviously didn't have a clue what he was on about as his posture was out, probably a bad back or something.

Still tired after a weekend at a beer festival.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Saffron's mad about me, though I'm equivocal. Another meh grey day in the Shire. Motivation level today = meh in solidarity. Got some jobs need doing but... meh.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh whilst trying not to die to death from the MF lurgy. So many emails with so much stupid from last week. Leave really detailed instructions expecting stupid questions from numpties, get emails back asking the questions I thought I'd pre-empted but the phucktards hadn't read further down to get to the explanation. Why do I bother? I'm sure their line manager will come up with some BS excuses.
    Is HD posh then? I thought he was northern, but then I guess that is posh to a taff :D
    I think that's half of BB insulted, I'll have to work on the others later.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Morning folks...

...I think that's half of BB insulted, I'll have to work on the others later.

Only half? Losing your touch.

Resumed taxi duty today into town and back, which meant as usual it rained. So, an afternoon of bumping around the paddock on the mower was replaced by a virtual ride around Wastwater area. That's rather pretty. Anyone ridden those roads? Was filmed on a spectacularly clear still day by the look of it too. Curious that there was little traffic for most of it but only 1 bicycle in the whole 30 km loop. Would have thought it might be more popular than that as riding country.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Fun start to the morning. Got on bike, half a mile down the road one of the pedals came loose, so head back to fix it and then remember Mrs. 666 took it on herself to pack all my tools away but hasn't labelled the bloody boxes yet. Not enough time to shift and open loads of boxes. So have to ditch the bike, get changed into a suit and head in on the train. Hey ho.

Now sorting various utilities etc for when we move into the new place and finding a new home for the goldfish.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The local village pond would a good spot.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    In Edwyn's buying Radox.

Gonna wankitout. I mean soakitout.
  • Stevo_666

The local village pond would a good spot.

Found a home for them - donating them to the local aquarium/fish place from where hopefully they'll find a good home. A massive heron colony near us means the local lake option is certain death for poor little sods. Its getting them out of an 800 gallon 3 foot deep pond that's going to be the fun bit so have enlisted a bit of help.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Found a home for them - donating them to the local aquarium/fish place from where hopefully they'll find a good home. A massive heron colony near us means the local lake option is certain death for poor little sods. Its getting them out of an 800 gallon 3 foot deep pond that's going to be the fun bit so have enlisted a bit of help.
    just use a hand grenade.

quick
    easy
    efficient
    no real training needed

#jobjobbed
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

just use a hand grenade.

quick
    easy
    efficient
    no real training needed

#jobjobbed
    Cant seem to find any on Fleabay, got any spare? Just little ones, as the pond isn't that far from the house...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

just use a hand grenade.

quick
    easy
    efficient
    no real training needed

#jobjobbed
    Cant seem to find any on Fleabay, got any spare? Just little ones, as the pond isn't that far from the house...
    When we've done work in rivers and had to remove any trapped fish they usually stick some wires in the water and zap them to stun them.
    Then they're easy to catch apparently.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

just use a hand grenade.

quick
    easy
    efficient
    no real training needed

#jobjobbed
    When we've done work in rivers and had to remove any trapped fish they usually stick some wires in the water and zap them to stun them.
    Then they're easy to catch apparently.
    We're going to be boring and drain it down a fair bit before catching them in the nets.
  • MattFalle
    edited October 2021
    or use a chain gun

https://youtu.be/-KmAOtkKf00
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Cant you just leave them for the new owners or the herons.

New owners are going to fill the pond in and asked us to get shot of them. If I don't take them out, who knows what they'll do.
  • MattFalle
    tunnel underneath and pack it full of explosive
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Flush them down the toilet
  • Stevo_666
    They're just average sized pond goldfish about 4-6 inches long. Not much meat on 'em.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

New owners are going to fill the pond in and asked us to get shot of them. If I don't take them out, who knows what they'll do.
    Bloody heathens. Old Carp look great. Heron took mine 3 years ago when I forgot to put the net on after a clean up. Didn't take him/her/them long. Won't replace them until the garage gets built in case the foundations upset require moving the pond.
    No save for a pond at the new gaff?
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

They're just average sized pond goldfish about 4-6 inches long. Not much meat on 'em.

depends how many you put in the sandwich at once
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo you have large carp and that’s the end of it, don’t argue.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo you have large carp and that’s the end of it, don’t argue.
    I suppose you could say that.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Bloody heathens. Old Carp look great. Heron took mine 3 years ago when I forgot to put the net on after a clean up. Didn't take him/her/them long. Won't replace them until the garage gets built in case the foundations upset require moving the pond.
    No save for a pond at the new gaff?
    There's plenty of space but tbh we don't really want to build one and will have enough to do in the next few months.
  • Speaking of fish (it took me a while to find this) I had a dive housing for my first Gopro and where better to test it than my dads koi pond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUWtsvnSr2w

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I thought I'd slept through the whole weekend for a moment there