Saturday: Time is rarely wasted on reconnaissance but change is as good as arrest

Breaking rule BS1796 para. 7, clause 4, subsection C appendix iiv, amended
16/10/2021 @ 00:41 hrs.

Blimey! That time already.
I guess Bambina got home safely and the MF's a re snoring in glorious harmony.
SG will frequent Cafe's but not sure if they sell Pineapple soup or a Pineapple sandwich. Perhaps Pineapple squash?
Dripping Pineapple juice on that shiny frame won't keep it shiny, so don't dribble mate.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    'ning

brr, nippy

weather also stuck on gloomygrey, contemplating hibernation

xcr is pineapple proof

ride, cafes and fortifying cake, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Away game. Again. Not so far away today though (tunbridge wells - ashtead last week was a painfully long day out). Already told work I won’t be there on Monday due to looking after teen GTi (who is doing fine) so maybe I’ll try to get a ride in on Sunday. Probably have to go to sainsburys later. Fun times.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Hounds walked, few jobs and now a pig based breakfast, then more by jobs then a run.

Later is fun bike then walk the dogs to the dog (nice pub)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Tunbridge Wells is nice.
    Nice little arcade on the south side where I used to stop for a coffee mid cycle.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Getting on with more move related bills and admin. Will head out and walk dogs in a bit for a bit of a break. Then back to the non-work related slog.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Unexpected activity spotted during my run

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Hound walked

Weights weighted

Now at Edwyn's having lunch en famille before taking boy to tennis compo then out for a curry
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now lounging for all I'm worth. Think I caught the nasty lurgy off the garage MF as I feel like death, this is dull as I don't like feeling ill.
    Are they brewing up some hooch TLW? At least they seem to be the right way up, or were they lying down? Hang on, smoke is heading upwards so all is well. Might have a snooze, something quieter than Bauhaus might help.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    tlw1 said:

bbq cheval, mmm
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    I seem to have upset the Universe somehow.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    May the Force be with you, Obi WS.

You're old fashioned Oxo; at least wasn't e-scooters.

Gym gymed over bike ride, day started wet and grey and forecast was meh, day turned out mostly sunny and warm. Serves me right. At least got some of the physio prescribed strengthening exercises done.

Bit of food fettling to do, winter menu season is upon us, then it's beer time.
  • veronese68

I am convinced there is no such thing as karma, there are some truly awful people that always seem to land on their feet and lots of good people that seem to constantly draw the short straw. Sending good vibes spinner, not that they will count for much.
  • tlw1

With your run of luck this is nothing new 😢
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Benign individuals?
    Was it on your property?

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Look at that gormless fool standing on the pitch avec in clip board and a red flag. Why, it’s my rear!!

• pinno
    Get off the bloody pitch!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415

Hopefully not too bad news WS?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Nah, not too bad. I don’t post here as much lately as I’m aware I sound almost as grumpy as I really am.

We’ve had some cr@p news from a couple of the OH’s relatives - one diagnosed with some likely untreatable and pretty serious conditions, and another has rather suddenly lost their beautiful Border Collie to an infection that couldn’t be fixed. And this week some douchebag low-life has ignored all the travel ban and quarantine requirements and gone wandering about town while ‘Rona positive. The useless muppets managing the quarantine facility where this bloke was supposed to be “staying” appear to have just let him walk out unchallenged. Result is the guvvermint have suddenly put all of Southern Tas in lockdown and whatever travel to visit said rellos that may have been possible now isn’t for the foreseeable.

We’d been (kind of) looking forward to visiting his family after the radio therapy as a break/reward before the next round of surgery, but this is now looking less likely by the day.

The weather is relentlessly sh!tty and my neck is really giving me grief lately. Driving 100 km daily in the rain to sit in a car park and wait doesn’t help it either. While parked up there the other day, a few Pacific Gulls flew over and took a collective dump all over my new car. Took an hour to clean it all off when I got home, and washing birdsh!t off my car *in the rain* really doesn’t rank high on my list of Fun Stuff To Do.

There. That’s my grumpy report… 😀
  • veronese68
    Looking on the bright side, wet birdshit is easier to clean than baked on birdshit.
    Small mercies and all that 🙄
  • pinno
    edited October 2021
    It's only a car*.

*Okay 'Loon?

At least it's a nice, quite comfortable car (with a stereo I presume) and not a rattly old 'Ute.
  • Wheelspinner

Looking on the bright side, wet birdshit is easier to clean than baked on birdshit.
    Small mercies and all that 🙄

Yebbut, dunno what those things had been eating but yeech it was sticky. 😵‍💫🤮
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

It's only a car*.

*Okay 'Loon?

At least it's a nice, quite comfortable car (with a stereo I presume) and not a rattly old 'Ute.

Ute is not getting much use lately. It is painful to drive far unless absolutely necessary.

New car is very comfy but has a couple of things to be fixed - goes to wizard mechanic next week - one of which is the HVAC system. Currently only does cooling, no heat… Stereo is good. Front right shock mount seems noisy, bushing or damper maybe.
  • pinno
    edited October 2021

pinno said:

It's only a car*.

*Okay 'Loon?

Ute is not getting much use lately. It is painful to drive far unless absolutely necessary.

New car is very comfy but has a couple of things to be fixed - goes to wizard mechanic next week - one of which is the HVAC system. Currently only does cooling, no heat… Stereo is good. Front right shock mount seems noisy, bushing or damper maybe.
    Funny that.
    My Older porker's HVAC got singed when I had that fire and I shopped around and shopped around: OEM Porsche £90 + VAT, other dealers iro the same.
    And then discovered that the unit was common to many vehicles. Found one is AUS, (brand spanking new) £20.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122713892311?fits=Model:944&epid=18019964306&hash=item1c925165d7:g:4DsAAOSwlzxhXkIK

Odd. The postage on that link has shot up. Was $14 when I bought it.
    And another odd thing: cannot peruse purchases going that far back (2018) but ebay dialogue box states; 'You bought this item'.
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

pinno said:

It's only a car*.

*Okay 'Loon?

Funny that.
    My Older porker's HVAC got singed when I had that fire and I shopped around and shopped around: OEM Porsche £90 + VAT, other dealers iro the same.
    And then discovered that the unit was common to many vehicles. Found one is AUS, (brand spanking new) £20.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122713892311?fits=Model:944&epid=18019964306&hash=item1c925165d7:g:4DsAAOSwlzxhXkIK

And another odd thing: cannot peruse purchases going that far back (2018) but ebay dialogue box states; 'You bought this item'.
    Yep, OH’s air con condenser packed up and the BMW original part was about 1300 bucks. It’s made by AC Delco and the same part from them was just under 700.

• pinno

pinno said:

pinno said:

It's only a car*.

*Okay 'Loon?

Funny that.

Yep, OH’s air con condenser packed up and the BMW original part was about 1300 bucks. It’s made by AC Delco and the same part from them was just under 700.

I had an independent purchase inspection on the Porker including a bore-scope to check for the infamous and potentially catastrophic engine failure. Though, less than 3% of 997's suffer this.
    The air con wasn't working and there was a list of niggles that the indie boys picked up, works totalling £4.5K.
    The highest item on that quote was the air con, quoted at £1700.
    Condensers, O rings and drier: £250.96. (Mahle)
    Charge at local garage including a Nitrogen test to make sure I had fitted them properly: £90.

• Wheelspinner
    Oh, and post cost to and from UK has rocketed post-Brexit. Used to be able to get free shipping from CRC/Wiggle/Merlin to Oz over an order value of about 100 bucks.

Now the threshold is much, much higher, and even the regular charges have roughly tripled.

I'm hopeful this car doesn't have too many ongoing issues because they can get expensive, but seems pretty mint. Plan is to keep it for a few years max, and depending on how it goes I may experiment a bit with some modifications.