thursday jah jah jah jah jah jah far i

'ning

brekkie, ride, colbert brekkie, ride, stuff, cafe wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Hounds and work stuff followed by a run.

Last night fun bike was indeed fun as was the pub
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'Ning
    Public transport sucks.
    WFW
    Gym
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Enthusiasm for work level = not a lot. Better get arris in gear and get out for more high hedge trimming. At least client is pleasant, lots of coffee and biscuits.

Hold off leaving until the rush of 'cannot walk more than 200 metres to take my child to school' drivers dissipates: yet more road works clogging things up 'cos of more more more house building with zero infrastructure improvements. Why am I living here?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Yes, why 'Loon?
    Why, why, why.

There's a bit of brightness but it's quite windy. Looking very autumnal. Tomorrow Northerly cold front moving in but sunny and relatively calm here. Sounds like a decent pedal will be in order.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    edited October 2021
    Just exchanged contracts on the new gaff (and the sale of the current place) so we're breathing a small sigh of relief as we're on the last lap now. New place well away from any annoying school runs which will be a bonus.

Better do a bit of work now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

Just exchanged contracts on the new gaff (and the sale of the current place) so we're breathing a small sigh of relief as we're on the last lap now. New place well away from any annoying school runs which will be a bonus.

Better do a bit of work now.

get in my son! congrats.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    feel like death warmed up

went to work. decided it was shite. checked out new office woman totally no. left work because it was shite. came home.

picked up breakfast pizza from Edwyn's (double pepperoni, stuffed cheese crust) so going to sit in my slug, eat pizza and watch the remains of Paris Roubaix.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

went to work. decided it was shite. checked out new office woman totally no. left work because it was shite. came home.

picked up breakfast pizza from Edwyn's (double pepperoni, stuffed cheese crust) so going to sit in my slug, eat pizza and watch the remains of Paris Roubaix.

With anyone else i'd assume this was a typo.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Not so traditional slow start was enjoyed. EPO is suffering after too much walking the last few days, I'm going to get out for a bit of air and leave her to relax a little.
    Good news, Stevo. That must be a relief after the fun and games with the last one.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

With anyone else i'd assume this was a typo.
    the slug. all is safe in the slug. no on and nothing can get you in the slug

the slug is joy

the slug is safe
  • MattFalle
    Fell asleep with 71k left.

feel like some one has taken a pick axe handle to my chest and shoulders.

too ill to even wankit out.

#thinki'mdying
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    MattFalle said:

Fell asleep with 71k left.

feel like some one has taken a pick axe handle to my chest and shoulders.

too ill to even wankit out.

#thinki'mdying

Not a good sign. You must be properly ill.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    Ah, mate, turbo ill.

got to go and pick up bambini then going to go back inside the slug.

then have to take/pick up bambina from climbing. May see if i can drive whilst in same said aforementioned cocoon of safety and warmth.
  • Site meeting done for the day, now looking at a re roof of our building.
    Eyewateringly expensive...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

Yes, why 'Loon?
    Why, why, why.

Why indeed? The needle is moving on the scale of how much longer do I want to keep doing what I'm doing. Why don't I just go find somewhere pleasant that ticks several of my boxes and do what I want to do? Is that called retiring?
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Not so traditional slow start was enjoyed. EPO is suffering after too much walking the last few days, I'm going to get out for a bit of air and leave her to relax a little.
    Good news, Stevo. That must be a relief after the fun and games with the last one.

There were a few minor late wobbles on this one but we got it across the line. Relief is the main feeling now! Doesn't help that work has been bit mental.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Yes, why 'Loon?
    Why, why, why.

Why indeed? The needle is moving on the scale of how much longer do I want to keep doing what I'm doing. Why don't I just go find somewhere pleasant that ticks several of my boxes and do what I want to do? Is that called retiring?
    Well, why don't you?
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

pinno said:

Yes, why 'Loon?
    Why, why, why.

Well, why don't you?
    Getting there man, getting there.... tbc
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

pinno said:

Yes, why 'Loon?
    Why, why, why.

Well, why don't you?
    Getting there man, getting there.... tbc
    just don't leave it too late to enjoy it....
  • MattFalle
    sitting in a car park feeling likeshit waiting for bambina.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    MattFalle said:

‘Rona?

Turns out teen GTi is now infected. Just done a LFT and it was instantly positive. PCR in the morning. Now the problem is going to be looking after the poor sod for the next 10 days. Can’t just leave him to it, he’s only 13. Damn.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

‘Rona?

Turns out teen GTi is now infected. Just done a LFT and it was instantly positive. PCR in the morning. Now the problem is going to be looking after the poor sod for the next 10 days. Can’t just leave him to it, he’s only 13. Damn.
    Chuck him in shed with MF on a diet of biscuits, pancakes, fritters. toast, Ryvita and waffles*.

*'Cos they are things you can fit under the door.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Good luck GTi household
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    oxoman said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

‘Rona?

Shite just what you need. Let's hope the test comes back negative and its just a cold. Good luck getting a pcr our nearest place is 30 plus miles away or via post.
    Luckily enough, I already have one here so that’ll be done and sent this morning. Poor kid 😞
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Good luck GTi household

yup - same from here
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

‘Rona?

nope - just a bastardcold.

drowned it in Night Nurse and red wine last night and now back fighting fit.
  • MattFalle
    Day and night nurse are pills, so straight down the gullet, no taste at all.

The red wine is slurped slowly and magnificently whilst wearing my "I am ill don't you know" woolly hat and socks.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

oxoman said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

‘Rona?

Shite just what you need. Let's hope the test comes back negative and its just a cold. Good luck getting a pcr our nearest place is 30 plus miles away or via post.
    Luckily enough, I already have one here so that’ll be done and sent this morning. Poor kid 😞
    That's a bu**er GTI, hope the days go quickly...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

oxoman said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

‘Rona?

That's a bu**er GTI, hope the days go quickly...
    Herd immunity innit?
  • MattFalle
    BLUE PASSPORTS