T de F crash woman goes on trial

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Isn't she now being sued for one Euro or something like that, just to set a legal "no fukcwits" precedent?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Switzerland are, France want to send her down to la grande maison.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • First.Aspect
    I have some sympathy with the authorities on this. The morons who ran into the track at the British GP and swam in front of the Boat Race both ended up in the clink.

What she did was right up there. She didn't even have a pseudo cause to support. Just Opa and Oma.
  • Ncovidius
    Ncovidius Posts: 229
    I think the French authorities want to make an example out of her. I reckon she’ll get at least a year in chokey.
  • Make her hold an official advert at each stage of next year's TDF... 2m+ away from the tarmac!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    She might end up doing hafebrei.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ncovidius said:

I think the French authorities want to make an example out of her. I reckon she’ll get at least a year in chokey.

You thinking this should bring her some comfort.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Ncovidius said:

Hopefully nothing ridiculous like a jail sentence - unless we are going to see riders and race staff jailed for deliberately reckless actions too.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Verdict on 9th December. Prosecutors asked for a 4 month suspended sentence.
  • First.Aspect

Ncovidius said:

Hopefully nothing ridiculous like a jail sentence - unless we are going to see riders and race staff jailed for deliberately reckless actions too.
    It is perfectly acceptable to assault someone while playing sport. Otherwise ice hockey couldn't exist.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    I wouldn't like to see her jailed. A stupid, thoughless act but certainly not deliberate. Some sanction is required but not jail.
    The people I'd really like to see prsecuted are the a*rsehole idiots who very deliberately run alongside riders shouting in their faces, flags flapping everywhere etc.
    The fact that the riders mostly manage to get past them without crashing is down to their skill, not the actions of the a*rseholes.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • First.Aspect
    I don't see the difference between intentionally stepping in front of the race while intenting to step back at the last second, and intentionally running close to a rider dressed as a syringe, while not intending to touch them. Except a factor of about 3 in velocity of the riders.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    It could be argued that the organising authority is liable because they failed to properly segregate fans/spectators from the action. Most other sports do this so why not cycling.....

They run the risk of it backfiring on the sport.

Just a thought.
  • First.Aspect
    navrig2 said:

It could be argued that the organising authority is liable because they failed to properly segregate fans/spectators from the action. Most other sports do this so why not cycling.....

Just a thought.

I am not sure how different it is to segregating a road from pedestrians.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833

navrig2 said:

Just a thought.

I am not sure how different it is to segregating a road from pedestrians.
    The impact of getting in the way of a car or lorry is somewhat different and, perhaps, self punishing?