What was your W/kg-Fred Whitton-time?

As I’ve pushed my entry back to next years event any responses would be gratefully received as I’m looking to set a realistic target to drive my training compliance.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    They've changed the course at least once but I reckon 4w/kg FTP inside 7 hours would be a realistic target.

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    I would add weather conditions up there can make a huge difference - as can being able to ride with a fast group and getting lucky enough to get in the right group at the right times.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    Just over 4w/kg FTP for me got me round in 7.11 moving time. That was on the old course - the new route is about 10 minutes slower for most people.
  • wavefront
    wavefront Posts: 397
    edited October 2021
    I rode the Fred route solo in June, in what became very wet conditions. Did it in just over 7h (but looks like I missed off the last 10k tho’ back up to Grasmere) - My NP was 196w @ 3.1wkg.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,861
    I was curious about this thread, now I am just depressed.
    Apparently I'd have to average 324W for @ 7 hours. Never going to happen.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Last time I did the FW was in 2016 so was the older course that didn’t include the hill at the end near Grassmere. Got round in 6:20.
    234w av
    264w np
    2.76W/KG
  • Not as impressive as honeybadger99 :)
    Sub 8hrs (just)
    146w ave
    173w np
    70kg so
    2w/kg ave
    2.5w/kg np