saturday do the watusi

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Lime green Jockeys! Wtf?

Made my first ever batch of chilli jam, using some of my Thai Hot and Pot Black chillis. Normally just harvest, dry, then use throughout the next 12 months until the next crop, year on year. Tasting good, looking ok.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not my fault, but whilst giving my old chaps car the full beans the exhaust has broken…… checked on the work system, it’s not a cheap fix 🤦‍♂️
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    orraloon said:

Lime green Jockeys! Wtf?

Made my first ever batch of chilli jam, using some of my Thai Hot and Pot Black chillis. Normally just harvest, dry, then use throughout the next 12 months until the next crop, year on year. Tasting good, looking ok.

mega, innit. Got 8 pairs. I let the bambini choose my pants in the Jockey outlet at some US outlet place, the more pairs you bought the cheaper they were.

They are the long versions as well, so near enough down to knees

#tight'n'warm
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    edited October 2021
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

New Bond was brill. Finished playing James Bond with the boy, I let him have the Walther ppk and demoted myself to 009. The things we do for our kids. Currently supping a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred.

PPK you say?

My schizzle from something a few years ago

#travellight
    Is that real??!! 😃
    we don't do toys.

however, much more importantly, please note use of Frozen and Star Wars plasters. Hello Kitty were obviously in short supply.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited October 2021
    tlw1 said:

Not my fault, but whilst giving my old chaps car the full beans the exhaust has broken…… checked on the work system, it’s not a cheap fix 🤦‍♂️

What car?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What car?
    Same as you - 911
  • pinno
    edited October 2021
    What part of the exhaust is broken?

Oh and year, engine size?
  • tlw1
    Rear box, 3.6 I think unsure of year because of plate
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    tlw1 said:

Rear box, 3.6 I think unsure of year because of plate

You might want to get a proper partsman to check the work system for you to make sure you get the right bit then :D
  • pinno
    edited October 2021
    Box - silencer?

If it is, Porsche OEM: £550 each plus VAT.
    Or (and it is a much better option), sounds great, adds 12-15 bhp: Dansk.

https://www.supertweaks.com/porsche/porsche-exhausts/porsche-exhaust-silencers/porsche-997gen1-exhaust-silencers/porsche-carrera-997-gen1-dansk-sport-exhaust-silencers-oe-style-super-sound-pair

The original system is prone to rattling when they get a bit old and they aren't very durable. I replaced mine with the above. Sort of - see post below.

• pinno
    ...and you can fit the round tail pipes to them. Much nicer than the squarish original one's.
    They don't seem to be available now but I got the two box's only for £440 plus VAT for the pair!

Did I tell you the job took 2 and a half days; sheered mounting bolts and had to replace the heat shields. Porkers are notorious for seized bolts. One heat shield mounting bolt was threaded, had to re-tap to M7.
    One exhaust manifold bolt was also threaded.
  • tlw1
    Cheers both. I’m dropping it off early as I’m off cycling so will miss the full disappointing lecture
  • tlw1
    tlw1 said:

Cheers both. I’m dropping it off early as I’m off cycling so will miss the full disappointing lecture

He was opening the gates as I got there so no hiding.

He spotted it on Friday when they had it on the ramp at work and ordered a full system - phew
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    No lecture? How disappointing 🤣
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

Any ideas why 50 tooth 1x chucks off the chain when its in the 29?

inboard?

chainline might be too far out, the wider the angle the more likely the chain will come off, angle increases with shorter chainstays

tbh not enough info

did it ever work with a 29? are the crankset+chainring designed for x1? or are you improvising with x2 parts?

with x2 the fd cage helps prevent the chain coming off, with no cage it's free to drop, worse case you could fit an x1 chain catcher to prevent it dropping
    currently outboard so will move it inboard when I get home - plan after that is to remove a chain link.

think that you are correct - chainline is a tad too angley, so hopefully moving it inboard will solve.

chainring is 1x, 2x cranks but shouldn't really make a difference I reckon.

agree re chain catcher option

Grazie mille - v v much appreciated 😎😎
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

Any ideas why 50 tooth 1x chucks off the chain when its in the 29?

inboard?

chainline might be too far out, the wider the angle the more likely the chain will come off, angle increases with shorter chainstays

tbh not enough info

did it ever work with a 29? are the crankset+chainring designed for x1? or are you improvising with x2 parts?

with x2 the fd cage helps prevent the chain coming off, with no cage it's free to drop, worse case you could fit an x1 chain catcher to prevent it dropping
    currently outboard so will move it inboard when I get home - plan after that is to remove a chain link.

think that you are correct - chainline is a tad too angley, so hopefully moving it inboard will solve.

chainring is 1x, 2x cranks but shouldn't really make a difference I reckon.

agree re chain catcher option

Grazie mille - v v much appreciated 😎😎
    if the cranks are x2 then the spider will be x2 - making the chain run further out than with x1

but if it's dropping off the outside when on the biggest cog, that doesn't sound like simply chainline - i'd expect the chain would ride up on the teeth and fall to the inside, not the outside

is the chain length correct for the rd model? look at the specific install instruction for the rd just in case

sticky/tight chain link? bent chainring? bent tooth? worn chain? chainring warping as bolts are tightened?

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    Chain was dropping inside which pointed to chainline - have taken a couple of links out and moved inboard then span it as hard/erratic as I could on the stand and nothing bounced off, so will take it around the block in a bit.

There is still a tiny angle going on but hopefully combo of nice tight new chain, new narrow wide sprocket and my good looks will mean no further issues.

if there are, then chain catcher.

Grazie again for help - v much appreciated. Will keep you updated.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Chain was dropping inside which pointed to chainline - have taken a couple of links out and moved inboard then span it as hard/erratic as I could on the stand and nothing bounced off, so will take it around the block in a bit.

There is still a tiny angle going on but hopefully combo of nice tight new chain, new narrow wide sprocket and my good looks will mean no further issues.

if there are, then chain catcher.

Grazie again for help - v much appreciated. Will keep you updated.

Popcorn time.
  • MattFalle
    Just been for 1/2 mile test ride - stuck it in the 29 and mashed it like the best a hitter fast chain gang clubbie can do - ie souplesse of a farmer wearing two different sized wellies riding through mud with a piglet on his shoulder..

all perfect, so we may have success.

grazie again for advixe, hints & tips!