friday turning little nuclei into bigger ones

'ning

ride, cafes, gmcing, laze

hefty euroland delivery due, fingers crossed for no vat, duty etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH, rest day but may have a go on the fun bike.

Current wife wants to watch some live music stream rather than go to the pub 🙄
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Went to bed last night at 9 as TDV is crook, slept all the way through so maybe body needed recharging....

First coffee coffee'd, drops bambini at school, gym, normal Friday half day, gym then dad's taxi.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited October 2021
    'ning

Woke up at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.
    Eventually got up and went for a ride, now WFW.

Lovely and quiet on the roads and in the office.
    The A/C has just come on and now it sounds like there's an aeroplane in the corridor.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Down to the woods today:

Beneath the trees where nobody sees
    They'll hide and seek as long as they please
    'Cause that's the way the
    Volunteers have their picnic

lunch. Coppicing season. Supposed to stay dry and a reasonably warm 20C. Tbc, what I got to ask myself is, do I feel lucky?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dropped mini for swim squad. Friday is a wfh day, so w'ing fh seeing as I'm up and breakfasted already.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited October 2021
    Is it just going to rain for the next 5 months?
    Will welder bloke turn up for round 2?
    Will one of the MF's be bored soon or has fate chucked him nursemaid work (and that will teach him)?
    What will 'Loon do in the woods today?
    What jargony stuff will H³ create?
    Will Seano make it to work on that jalopy?
    Will TLW win this domestic?
    Will Stevo's pacemaker hold out?
    Will Oxo get wet again?
    How long will VN's post be when he finally gets around to it?
    To get charged customs or not? That it the question.

Speaking of which (a long story cut short).

Ordered Porker bits from Germany.
    Waited. Waited some more. 5 weeks after ordering decided to contact company.
    Company sends another shipment to replace it.
    3 days later original consignment turns up (with customs bill, shotgun).
    1 day after that, replacement parcel turns up - no customs bill. Thanks a million HMRC.
    Partworks.de - cannot fault them. Didn't want consignment number 2 back as it was too much hassle and too much paperwork, told me to keep parts.

Sold parts.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH and that's it.
    Dull day.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    elbowloh said:

WFH and that's it.
    Dull day.

In your new shed?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

WFH and that's it.
    Dull day.

In your new shed?
    Unfortunately not. I've still not gotten round to fitting out the big shed and the new shed is being used as a tool shed. I'll be in the conservatory.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    New apple based phone ordered 😎 old phone is in good shape, would sell it but youngest rugrat dropped and smashed his phone yesterday 🙄
  • Short day in work today with the highlight being an order of CR2032 batteries and a bumper pack of cat food.
    Pub based marathon meeting tonight for "one or two" beers followed by a laze in the sex bath.
    If you don't hear from me on Monday assume I died around mile 19.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_

Short day in work today with the highlight being an order of CR2032 batteries

Thanks for the reminder, need to order some myself.
    Although the Stages seems to be behaving itself at the moment and not eating batteries like it was earlier in the year.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    thistle_ said:

Although the Stages seems to be behaving itself at the moment and not eating batteries like it was earlier in the year.

Stages turbo trainer? How are you getting on with that?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Stages turbo trainer? How are you getting on with that?
    No, Stages power meter. It's temperamental but when it works it's fine.

Don't think I've been on the (Elite) turbo since last year :confused:
  • Luckily for me all the airflow welding masks we have here use the same batteries so I never have to buy any for myself :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    edited October 2021
    Just finished annual LOAC training.

Q. Can you shoot anyone you want?

A. No. That would be naughty.

Its not really brain science....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Thank fook it's Fryday. Feeling a little grey around the gills this morning, probably something to do with beer and loud music last night. Had a bloody good time though. Just been told work want us back in the office for 4 days a week next year, that's dull. I should be having a battery delivered today, a bit bigger than a CR2032 and you certainly wouldn't want it in a welding mask. Pub later for some canine follicles. Off next week so it's Friday² for me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Busy morning, usual work stuff but over the big work hump in time for the final push on the house move stuff. Still waiting for our buyers to shift all the required deposit money to their solicitors, as they hadn't twigged that they need to do it in a few separate transfers due to the amount and bank limits on daily online transfers. Our sellers wanted to exchange today but that's life.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy morning, usual work stuff but over the big work hump in time for the final push on the house move stuff. Still waiting for our buyers to shift all the required deposit money to their solicitors, as they hadn't twigged that they need to do it in a few separate transfers due to the amount and bank limits on daily online transfers. Our sellers wanted to exchange today but that's life.

TBH, we didn't know that either, but managed to get it done in time, just!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

just imagine how easier life would be if you had a minion.....

whats with this transfer limit rubbish?

r.m. writes transfer letter

sign transfer letter

r.m. organises funds transfer.

#sorted
  • MattFalle
    they do have a r.m., yah?

please don't say no .....
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Buyers are working overseas this week so can only do online transfers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

sign transfer letter

#sorted
    I wouldn't let a minion do my bank transfers...
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Buyers are working overseas this week so can only do online transfers.
    phone r.m.

r.m. sends letter

sign letter, scan back

r.m. does his job immediately because he is a pleb desperate to try and make people believe he is important

job jobbed
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

sign transfer letter

#sorted
    it keeps them happy - means they can run around the office blathering on about "big ticket deals" and "high net worth clients" but you and I both know they are just a jumped up teller.

#polishthatego
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

sign transfer letter

#sorted
    it keeps them happy - means they can run around the office blathering on about "big ticket deals" and "high net worth clients" but you and I both know they are just a jumped up teller.

#polishthatego
    One of my minions is a Polish lady so that could be taken one of two ways :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Just remembered I spotted a couple of blokes that looked like they were interfering with a bike lock as I rode home from work yesterday. I went back and asked what they were doing, turned out one of them worked in a shop over the road and the other was a customer, someone had put a cheap lock onto the customers bike. Presumably so they could go back for the bike later. They managed to cut the lock off with some wire cutters. Felt like that was my good deed for the day even if I didn't actually stop a theft.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

sign transfer letter

#sorted

#polishthatego
    polish not polish.

blimey, are you cantankerous all the time? could result in some very strong looks in the workplace.
  • MattFalle

Just remembered I spotted a couple of blokes that looked like they were interfering with a bike lock as I rode home from work yesterday. I went back and asked what they were doing, turned out one of them worked in a shop over the road and the other was a customer, someone had put a cheap lock onto the customers bike. Presumably so they could go back for the bike later. They managed to cut the lock off with some wire cutters. Felt like that was my good deed for the day even if I didn't actually stop a theft.

weak.

you should have just sorted them with a pick axe handle, no questions from you, no excuses from them.

it'll be the new way at Steve's office once I start work there.

"Hi 《insert name of pleb, I just wondering if you had you done that photocopying yet please?"

"Errr"

thwack. thwack. thwackthwackthwack.

#problemsorted
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

sign transfer letter

#sorted

#polishthatego
    polish not polish.

blimey, are you cantankerous all the time? could result in some very strong looks in the workplace.
    I just the funny side of your #, MF :smile: