tuesday has a glass of wine and sits thinking of what has passed

'ning

soggy again

yesterday's wet glass in the rear tub looking suspiciously like it damaged the carcass, may just ride it until it goes, too worn to be worth repairing, cafes, wfh etc., perhaps fit in a catnap
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work stuff in a office far away.

Later is another gentle run, not sure it’s needed as legs are ok after Sundays race. But being Germanic and following my coaches orders
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    soggy and a bit floody on the streets following last night's deluge

summoning willpower for cafe stroll
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    None of that von two, von two for me Heinrich 'cos i'll be pedalling instead.

"..3rd fastest (female) British marathon time..." on Sunday. Is that frikkin news?

"...reigning champion Lizzie Deignan came in 26 seconds behind the stage winner..."

She did win a small race on Saturday BBC. I pay for this shizzle.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Hurry up Seano, post summat. Stop lurking.
  • pinno
    No good just looking Wilberforce.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao. Windy and flooded around here.

Bored
    Out
    Of
    My
    Head

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    MattFalle said:

Bored
    Out
    Of
    My
    Head

boomh
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lots of big puddles. Nice new lockers and showers though.

• pinno
    Ooo ^. Of course to afford that, the company needed to re-structure major disposal across several jurisdictions with significant intra group debt.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Bored
    Out
    Of
    My
    Head

You wouldn't be bored if you did fascinating things like looking at structuring a major disposal across several jurisdictions with significant intra group debt.
  • MattFalle
    edited October 2021
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

Bored
    Out
    Of
    My
    Head

boomh
    👆👍👍

boomfh
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Bored
    Out
    Of
    My
    Head

You wouldn't be bored if you did fascinating things like looking at structuring a major disposal across several jurisdictions with significant intra group debt.
    agreed. its the intra group debt stuff that would, in the words of Iceman, get me hard.

Intra
    《oh yes》
    Group
    《come on, say the word》
    Debts
    《oh my word, its toooo much》
    jurisdictions
    《Nnnnuuuurrrggghhhh》

I always find major disposals far more interesting than lots of little disposals tbh.

Theres also lots of evidence on the internet if you look for it.

BOMFH

#fascinating
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Ooo ^. Of course to afford that, the company needed to re-structure major disposal across several jurisdictions with significant intra group debt.

or avoid paying its taxes, not pay people the living wage and work its lower echelons to the bone whilst threatening them with job cuts, furlough, and all that bad stuff but still while giving senior management a nice pat on the back.

or something like that.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

do you work on a car ferry?
  • MattFalle
    Going to the gym and then watching Paris Roubaix from Sunday.

BOMFH
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Tenants in a building which has just lost 2 other major tenants. Building management are tarting it up to attract new tenants.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

or avoid paying its taxes, not pay people the living wage and work its lower echelons to the bone whilst threatening them with job cuts, furlough, and all that bad stuff but still while giving senior management a nice pat on the back.

or something like that.
    We don't avoid tax. We're about as tax risk averse as a major multinational could possibly be. Just if you do this kind of thing wrong, you could pay extra tax, when you don't need to.

Like you voluntarily arranging your affairs to pay HMRC more money. If you do that, then you can have a pop. :smiley:
  • I'd show you our toilets but one (of the three)* is out of order as the flush has snapped and I'm not paying £15 for a new one which should be about £4 off screwfix.

Currently compiling stuff for a combined ISO and EN1090 audit later this week. If I had a cheese and onion sandwich I'd probably fall asleep in it.

*just had a flash back to an old James track...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

or something like that.
    We don't avoid tax. We're about as tax risk averse as a major multinational could possibly be. Just if you do this kind of thing wrong, you could pay extra tax, when you don't need to.

Like you voluntarily arranging your affairs to pay HMRC more money. If you do that, then you can have a pop. :smiley:
    so transferring debt before submitting final a&l and p&l balances to auditors prior to finalising close downs amd end of term tax liability has nothing to do with playing the interjurisdictional asset/debt transferance game and therefore liwering final asset value by massive transferance of debt into a previously solvent entity and making it non solvent therefore ntv on unit asset?

oh, ok then.

anyhow, i don't honestly know what our tax affairs are. we give everything to the accountants (big 4 firm), they do whatever, we write a cheque. what i do know is that we pay every penny we have to otherwise shchizzle like schools and hospitals and stuff don't get any money.

anyway, everyone has to pay the mortgage - we still love you H3.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited October 2021
    hopkinb said:

Reet posh. Ours are bit more 'industrial'.

Just found a little gem of a Shell petrol station a few miles drive out of town and shoehorned 50-odd litres of super unleaded into The Panzer so the petrol crisis can FRO for now. But I'm not telling any fecker where it is >:) . Anyhow, better catch up with torturing numbers etc armed with some tea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

or something like that.

I kinda miss those Cake Stop 'Company X isn't paying it's fair share of tax' debates. Was like shooting fish in a barrel :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Bored
    Out
    Of
    My
    Head

I could do with a new minion. Wonder if one of the MF's would be willing to retrain?
  • MattFalle
    Is that an offer?
  • MattFalle
    'cause its commonly regarded in in interjurisdictional jurisprudence that once sinething is said in BB its like binding, innit.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Is that an offer?

You'd have to interview of course.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Job's yours mf, enjoy being a 'Dodger go-fer.

'Kin cold outside, and breezy, autumn well here.

Awaiting news plus call to retrieve truck after an MOT fail on couple of the rubbery type mount / joint things. Part 1 got, part 2 struggling to get with 'shortages' (surprise, surprise). Upside tester has said that as a transmission mount is weak, not an engine mount, if that part unavailable will change from fail to advisory. Old trucks, just like old geezers, have bits wearing out. 🤞 can go collect later this pm.

Right, oven, hob and bog cleaning.... fun fun fun. Would you rather be bored MF?
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Is that an offer?

Bolloxto that.

MF, like Zlatan, doesn't do auditions.

You either want MF or you don't.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Is that an offer?

Could send one of the sexy MF’s in short skirt and heels, hopefully minus the knee scars.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

Nice secure lockers to keep those dodgy tax types out of your Sh!t 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

I'd show you our toilets but one (of the three)* is out of order as the flush has snapped and I'm not paying £15 for a new one which should be about £4 off screwfix.

Currently compiling stuff for a combined ISO and EN1090 audit later this week. If I had a cheese and onion sandwich I'd probably fall asleep in it.

*just had a flash back to an old James track...

In my old job i had to manage these for the company and feck me, following the auditor around the the UK and Ireland for two weeks is dull.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk