FINALLY Paris - Roubaix 2021 **spoilers**

1111213141517»

Comments

• Without getting all FF on you - who took those pics?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036

Without getting all FF on you - who took those pics?

fair comment though, largely:-

DAVID STOCKMAN @davidstockman_photograph
    Anne-Christine POUJOULAT @anne.christine.poujoulat
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,480
    daniel_b said:

Great spot by Lloyd re the tyre pressures on Moscon's replacement bike, looks like it could have been a factor.

""The tyre pressure was different," Moscon said of his bike change. "After five hours of racing maybe the pressure had gone down and, as soon as I went on this bike, I felt different on the pavé. Maybe it was because of that that I crashed, but the sector was really slippery."

Wasn't that great a spot, I was typing the same thing as he mentioned it and I know very little!
  • Pross
    r0bh said:

Luke Rowe on his Insta story going off message regarding his crash.

What's he saying?
    "I've been bombarded with messages about causing a crash on Mads Pedersen in the forest in Arenberg, you're nuts, you are nuts,"

"If you're one of them who sent me a message you are nuts. I had a front wheel puncture, I had no control on the bike. If you're one of those who sent me a message try riding a f**king bike through the forest of Arenberg with a front wheel puncture. I was trying to stay to the right, the front wheel started to go, I swung to the left, Mads hit me at 40km/h."

"If you're one of those who sent me a message I'm going to try and say it as politely as I can, go f**k yourself."

Hadn't realised he'd had a puncture but it was obvious he was slipping a lot. Pedersen didn't seem to have his head up but even if he had you can't just swerve to avoid an incident on pave let alone that sector. Some people are batshit.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    I was going to day the next episode of Watts Occuring could be fun.

Didn't have to wait that long

(Time for a bit of pay back for Gee after the tour/crashing episode)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    ddraver said:

(Time for a bit of pay back for Gee after the tour/crashing episode)

No, don't! I've got some work to get done before this evening.

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    Pross said:

r0bh said:

What's he saying?
    "I've been bombarded with messages about causing a crash on Mads Pedersen in the forest in Arenberg, you're nuts, you are nuts,"

"If you're one of them who sent me a message you are nuts. I had a front wheel puncture, I had no control on the bike. If you're one of those who sent me a message try riding a f**king bike through the forest of Arenberg with a front wheel puncture. I was trying to stay to the right, the front wheel started to go, I swung to the left, Mads hit me at 40km/h."

"If you're one of those who sent me a message I'm going to try and say it as politely as I can, go f**k yourself."

Hadn't realised he'd had a puncture but it was obvious he was slipping a lot. Pedersen didn't seem to have his head up but even if he had you can't just swerve to avoid an incident on pave let alone that sector. Some people are batshit.
    The initial footage just cut in when he moved (involuntarily) into the middle of the road "causing" the crash. First impression, it looked like an unsafe release from the pits in Formula 1. It looked like he had crashed and (just) remounted and just barged into the middle without looking back.

So I think people can be forgiven for having had the wrong impression. Sending him or anyone any messages however remains unforgivable.
    Imho social media really works the best if you basically consume content by those paid to provide it and you chime in incredibly sparingly. Sit back, relax and stfu basically.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    It didn't look good 'live' for sure. It didn't take long (10s) for the context to be given though.

(Quite why people felt the need to abuse him either way though will always baffle me...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    m.r.m. said:

Pross said:

r0bh said:

What's he saying?

The initial footage just cut in when he moved (involuntarily) into the middle of the road "causing" the crash. First impression, it looked like an unsafe release from the pits in Formula 1. It looked like he had crashed and (just) remounted and just barged into the middle without looking back.

So I think people can be forgiven for having had the wrong impression. Sending him or anyone any messages however remains unforgivable.
    Imho social media really works the best if you basically consume content by those paid to provide it and you chime in incredibly sparingly. Sit back, relax and stfu basically.
    Agree with that, there was a good post from Orla a few days ago responding to some woman criticising her being 'half naked' presenting a programme that is mainly watched by men (I think it was after the Worlds when she was wearing shorts). Her response was basically I'll wear what the fark I want thanks.
  • Pross
    Midi doctor was caught on CCTV driving near Carrefour De L'Abre on Sunday afternoon.

• Pross said:

m.r.m. said:

Pross said:

r0bh said:

What's he saying?

Agree with that, there was a good post from Orla a few days ago responding to some woman criticising her being 'half naked' presenting a programme that is mainly watched by men (I think it was after the Worlds when she was wearing shorts). Her response was basically I'll wear what the fark I want thanks.
    This 21st Century reformation is much like the original one in so many ways....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.