'ning

ride, colbert brekkie, stuff, cafe, smidge of wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    WFW
    Run this morning as I need to be home handy this evening.
    Can I join Colberts via zoom?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH with a recovery run to look forward to
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Rubbish night's sleep, grey morning, bleh. Drop truck for MOT in nearby village garage, pedal back collecting a new cheapo replacement phone en route, then no doubt waste hours trying to set it up.

Lizzie D listed as a starter in Women's Tour. With those blistered hands? Hardcore. Maybe a localish MF can pass her some hello kitties as she goes by?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Windy, windy, windy. Gym gymm'd just been chuntered at for something that wasn't done that isn't my job, my department and I wasn't even here when it wasn't done. fuckthis, I'm outta here as soon as I can.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Lizzie D listed as a starter in Women's Tour. With those blistered hands? Hardcore. Maybe a localish MF can pass her some hello kitties as she goes by?

medicinal honey, thats what she needs. and salami and vino rosso.

#solutiontoallproblems

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2021
    Morning. Busy. Nuff said.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Still crook. Still not the plague. If you're wfh it's difficult to take the day off with a "bit of a cold" though, so screen staring and coughing on mute.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Fettled with bike. Fitted one mudguard. Rear calliper nut doesn't have enough depth to accommodate crud catcher.. Meh. Will order 35mm one.

Weather is sketchy and still bloody windy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Sooooo bored.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    So far: truck dropped off for MOT; on pedal back came upon a polis road closure, muppet driver had hit a tree on a series of S-bends, car abandoned across the road, polis car at far side, agreed to let me plus another cyclist walk through as 'we were more than half way...' 🤔 The alt being ride back and take the suicide A-road? no thanks.

Replacement phone collected and now working. Women's Tour clocked at the intermediate sprint. Film crew working at the nearby bridge across the river, lots of WW2 German uniforms about. Traffic (and everyone) being held for lengthy periods while filming taking place - combine that with the rolling road closure for the bike race and betcha some Karens and Nigels will have gone proper gammon red.

Bit of pottering this pm while hoping the call back from the garage bears good tidings.

I'm not bored.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Woken at 4.30am by a biblical deluge, luckily it had cleared by time I got on the bike but as nothing was forecast and no mudguards fitted, still got the obligatory mucky marks on shorts and rucksack. Hey ho.

House thing appears to be moving, fingers crossed we can get it over the line.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Afternoon campers, back in the driving seat after a week in the sun/wind/rain and most of the evidence of sun is starting to peel.

An impromptu dinner last night has made my head a little fuzzy which isn't ideal as I was supposed to be behaving as next Sunday is Marathon day.

Swimming after work, first time since I did a triathlon back in June so I expect to be slow and siht.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Because I washed my car yesterday, today it rained, steadily for the double trip to town and home.

I've a big hole in left shoulder where the doc hacked out a chunk for biopsy and a small(er) one almost on my butt. Stitches have already leaked once which was messy.

Man oh man I can't wait for this year to be over.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    just fell asleep in my cheese and onion sandwich.

soooooo bored.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    WFW which at least means I had a wobble in, took the shopping hack as I had some stuff to carry. Seemed to be less of a queue for petrol at Sainsbury's this morning, I have to drive the EPO in on Wednesday so I bet there's a queue then, or they will be out of petrol. Usual amounts of stupidity in here, I told the mildly irritating oriental chap that I've ben watching Squid Game so had lots of ideas on how to kill him.
    Hope you had a good holiday HD, I'm so desperate to get away I'm looking forward to my few days in Hastings. Too much sh!t to deal with so no danger of falling asleep in a sarnie here.
    It's just started raining, hopefully it will stop by 5.30
  • MattFalle
    home. going to the gym to try and get endorphines to fire up my brain.
  • veronese68
    I got lucky and avoided the rain, sorry Oxo. Quite relieved as I was riding in jeans and a cotton t-shirt.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Bookface and friends are broken. Must have run out of fuel.

Local petrol station was coned off this evening with signs saying no fuel. Local boy racers now wondering what to do and whether they can make it back home.
  • hopkinb
    Last of the frozen short rib ragu for dinner with penne. Otherwise very dull/interesting day looking at structuring a major disposal across several jurisdictions with significant intra group debt.

27th on the Times "quick cryptic" leaderboard. No time for the main Times one (looked a bit tricky) Guardian weekly quiptic was beautifully and amusingly clued but difficult, Guardian cryptic was easy.

Slow pedal in tomorrow with my slight cold for meetings and initiating recruitment.

Drinking ginger, lemon and honey. If only I had some rum. But I don't. So no alcohol. Have been vacuuming instead. It's not quite the same. I think the sanitiser sprays are methanol aren't they? Checks label. Alcohol denat. Checks wiki. Naaah.

Re lateral flow test swabs. I just kept pushing today for giggles, thought I'd given myself a lobotomy, but I suppose it just curves round the pharyngeal cavity until it's into the throat. My gag reflex appears to have disappeared.

Tl;dr? Bored, stuffed a swab up my nose.
  • hopkinb
    edited October 2021
    Tax guy, or Vincent Vega?

Tax guy pros: makes the mortgage on a house in a pleasant, though not prime bit of SW London, lovely holidays, puts a bit aside.

Tax guy cons: Being a tax guy.

Vincent Vega pros: Gets to dance with Mia Wallace and hang with Jules Winnfield, gets to see what's in that briefcase, smack head. Doesn't give a sh!t about making the mortgage.

Vincent Vega cons: Gets shot to death after taking a sh!t, gets brains all over him after they shoot that kid in the car, works for Marcellus Wallace, smack head.

Hmm. Imaginary choices.
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2021

Afternoon folks,
    WFW which at least means I had a wobble in, took the shopping hack as I had some stuff to carry. Seemed to be less of a queue for petrol at Sainsbury's this morning, I have to drive the EPO in on Wednesday so I bet there's a queue then, or they will be out of petrol. Usual amounts of stupidity in here, I told the mildly irritating oriental chap that I've ben watching Squid Game so had lots of ideas on how to kill him.
    Hope you had a good holiday HD, I'm so desperate to get away I'm looking forward to my few days in Hastings. Too much sh!t to deal with so no danger of falling asleep in a sarnie here.

Is Squid Game worth a watch? Trailer looks good, in a slightly creepy sort of way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Anyway, one more point to be confirmed by the sellers then we're on for exchanging next week with completion provisionally on the 28th. Edging closer...
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

...looking at structuring a major disposal across several jurisdictions with significant intra group debt.

WTF?

• pinno
    hopkinb said:

Tax guy pros: makes the mortgage on a house in a pleasant, though not prime bit of SW London, lovely holidays, puts a bit aside.

Vincent Vega pros: Gets to dance with Mia Wallace and hang with Jules Winnfield, gets to see what's in that briefcase, smack head. Doesn't give a sh!t about making the mortgage.

Vincent Vega cons: Gets shot to death after taking a sh!t, gets brains all over him after they shoot that kid in the car, works for Marcellus Wallace, smack head.

Hmm. Imaginary choices.

Is this temperature fuelled delirium?
    How about some hot Toddy's?
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Is Squid Game worth a watch? Trailer looks good, in a slightly creepy sort of way.
    I think so, very strange but worth it.
    Good luck with the house, I'll gladly raise a glass once the deal is done.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

...looking at structuring a major disposal across several jurisdictions with significant intra group debt.

WTF?

Work innit.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Hmm. Imaginary choices.

Is this temperature fuelled delirium?
    How about some hot Toddy's?
    Almost certainly. No rum, no brandy, no whisky, just paracetamol and honey/lemon/ginger.
  • pinno
    Has one of the MF's died of boredom?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

WTF?

You wouldn understand, it's a tax thing :smile: We get paid for doing it because everyone else says 'WTF?'
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

I think so, very strange but worth it.
    Good luck with the house, I'll gladly raise a glass once the deal is done.
    After last time I'm waiting until we've got legal commitment, but this lot need to get motoring as they've already exchanged on their new place and need to get shot of the place by end of the month otherwise they get extra double shafted on stamp duty.