FINALLY Paris - Roubaix 2021 **spoilers**

Comments

• andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    Winner to come from the WvA / MvdP / van Avermaet group? So far they look pretty solid - Arenberg will have influence ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Seems crazy that we're only just entering Arenburg
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    its all coming together
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross

Is it too much of a lottery?

Nope. The best riders stay at the front and keep out of trouble. The main difference seems to have been the tarmac
  • Anyone swapped to CX nobblies yet?

Any talk of max tyre sizes being used, especially on rear, where aero matters less?

30-32mm apparently
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    How did WvA stay upright
  • Pross
    Demonstrating the need to be confident there.
  • Don't think I've seen such a small group heading in to Arenberg before (watching since 2013).

WVA dodges a crash but slowed up
  • Pross
    Probably fewer casualties in Arenburg than on a dry race due to already being so strung out.
  • mididoctors
    only 91 k to go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Carnage. Anyone's race still.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    edited October 2021
    Pedersen not looking where he's going rides into a wobbling Luke Rowe.
  • mididoctors
    no one riding with WvA.....dammit
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    MvdP sticking the knife in to make it tough for WvA
  • mididoctors
    Big move by MvdP?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited October 2021

MvdP sticking the knife in to make it tough for WvA

WVA rode d'Arenberg all wrong. (apart from the great save)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Could do with a race radio to find out what the hell is going on.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    Drone flying just above the riders as the Ineos rider crashed around 91.8
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Suddenly DQS look a little depleted.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    MvvdP seems keen to try and press on. Seems to be doing a few stretches (back issue rearing it's head or preventing problems occurring?).
  • Pross
    Lots of back stretching by MVDP after WVA gets back. The ability to take off clothing in a bunch at 40+kmh always amazes me. Getting ready for action.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Letting Colbrelli ride off is a bad idea
  • gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,675
    This is the first time I’ve ever seen a wet Paris-Roubaix. It’s absolutely bonkers.

Could do with a re-run after the finish in the style used following The Grand National so we can actually work out who crashed/abandoned and where/when.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I feel like when WVA and MVDP are in the same race they seem more interested in racing each other than the rest of the field.
  • Pross
    edited October 2021
    Gone a bit wrong for Ineos after a promising start. Not sure where Rowe is after his crash, Moscon still there. I'm not sure if Kwia is with the Van group.

Edit - think he may have just got back.

Edit 2 - actually not sure he is.
  • mididoctors
    edited October 2021
    people letting wheels go
    you have to stay on the gear over those cobbles don't you? you decelerate so fast with no pressure
  • Pross
    Sep hasn't had his traditional mechanical or crash yet.
  • mididoctors
    wtf is going on....back in the day they Chiron the moto number at least
  • mididoctors
    new bike now is not a bad idea with the rain stopping
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Sep hasn't had his traditional mechanical or crash yet.

disco