FINALLY Paris - Roubaix 2021 **spoilers**

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    how many finishers sweepstake?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I can genuinely see the winner coming from that front group already
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Crash already.
    Mitch Docker down in his last race.

Oh and commentary bliss too!

I watched the 2016 backstage pass again last night - he had a big crash then too!
  • mididoctors
    edited October 2021

Fairly few crashes

big guys cant get the power down to slippy wait till they get tired
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Surprised to see The Tractor struggling today. Too much effort baby sitting last week perhaps...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors

yeah this looks ominous
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    Long long way to go
  • mididoctors
    you want to be in an 8 to ten-man group... politt getting tailed off?
  • rick_chasey
    Tailwind on this section judging by the windmill
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,818

Agreed, decent riders I there and with 2:22 gap not reducing it will take a big effort you bridge up.

Riders in the break, according to cyclingnews: (1 or 2 have dropped backwards Inc. Declercq

Florian Vermeersch, Harry Sweeny, Tosh Van der Sande (Lotto Soudal), Daniel Oss (Bora-Hansgrohe), Davide Ballerini, Tim Declercq (Deceuninck-QuickStep), Edoardo Affini, Nathan Van Hooydonck (Jumbo-Visma), Tom Van Asbroeck (Israel Start-Up Nation), Jasper Philipsen (Alpecin-Fenix), Toms Skuijns (Trek-Segafredo), Fred Wright (Bahrain Victorious), Greg Van Avermaet (AG2R Citroen), Stefan Bissegger (EF-Nippo), Andre Carvalho (Cofidis), Gianni Moscon, Luke Rowe (Ineos), Florian Maitre (TotalEnergies), Luke Durbridge, Robert Stannard (BikeExchange), Evaldas Esiskevicius (Delko), Niks Eeekhoof (DSM), Max Walscheid (Qhubeka), Imanol Erviti, Matteo Jorgenson (Movistar), Luca Mozzato (B&B Hotels-KTM
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    (anyone else maxed out the Brightness on their telly box..?)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anyone got a working live stream? Tiz-cycling doesn't seem to work
  • Luke Rowe now out front in a group of 4.
    This is a half decent day in Cardiff. :p
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Anyone got a working live stream? Tiz-cycling doesn't seem to work

Here you go:

https://cycling.today/2021-paris-roubaix-live-stream/
  • rick_chasey
    Not even at arenberg yet
  • mididoctors
    running out of peloton...MvdP mechanical
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Not easy to organise a real chase at the best of times, the big names are going to have to go on the offensive fairly early although the gap has dropped a bit.
  • mididoctors
    everyone will have an issue today
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    This is absolutely brutal.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Pross
    Sagan down in a huge puddle on a tarmac section.
  • Sagan down
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    This is grim without the cobbles. I can see 30-40 finishers max.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Looks like his race is done
  • Pross
    Luke riding off the front 4
  • Pross
    Kung going for the most crashes in a race record. Suspect he'll call it a day now.
  • Kung completes his hat trick of crashes
    Nasty
  • mididoctors
    "where is the help?
    there is no help!"
  • Stefan Kung not having a good day.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Lampaert down now. Problem after problem all of a sudden