friday livin' out a dream 'bout the third world war

'ning

will no one rid me of this turbulent rain?

ride unlikely, cafe, wfh, bubbly, bubbly is the only pure revolutionary act
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Meh, needed more sleep but was husband and dad taxi last night. The issue being the car was enjoyed last night and now desperate for fuel to even make it to the dealers for a service.

Too many meetings for a Friday followed by ale
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciso

bambini still ill so wfh so kinda dull. no bicycle tinkering to be done but I may put one on a wall to keep it out of the way.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    tlw1 said:

Meh, needed more sleep but was husband and dad taxi last night. The issue being the car was enjoyed last night and now desperate for fuel to even make it to the dealers for a service.

Can't you pi$$ in the tank?

It's rained poured all week.

Looks like a brief* respite for 3 hours tomorrow morning more conducive to pedalling.

*i before e except after c. It's bollox. you don't say 'bry-ef' you say 'breef', so it should be breif.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Can't you pi$$ in the tank?
    Not drunk enough this week 😢

Tank filled with less potent fuel thanks to the local garage 😎
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    'ning
    Overslept, think I overdid it a bit last night in the pool :smiley:
    WFW
    Maybe gym later, maybe something outside, depends wx.
    Also need to try and get fuel this evening and not at the new vastly inflated price of the local Shell.

Noticed the scaffolders had let themselves into one of our sites this morning because the main contractor hasn't showed up, probably not fuel related.
  • MattFalle
    Sooooooo bored
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    WFH this morning but got the afternoon off, not going to be a fun one unfortunately. Now I need to find petrol. Got to drive to Hackney to collect friend's daughter, baby and associated junk so as to get her away from abusive partner. She had to call the police at 3am when he got in drunk and started on her. Then delivering her to another friend in Orpington. I'm not going to manage that with a 1/4 tank of juice and all the panic buyers have been filling up. One of my neighbours has a car that hasn't moved in a fortnight other than to fill up with petrol when he heard where there was some. Why are some people such complete aris's?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Hope that all works out for you V68, good support in a bad situation.

Down day for me, tired, must be too much hard work done for this old geeza. So long lie in, potter about, maybe a short ride this pm. After a venture into the war zone, supermarket shop which is easy but will there a queue of muppets blocking the access route?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Another busy day, this one wfh which is just as well as it was p1$$ing down this morning. Won't need petrol for at least another week or so as not going far beyond supermarket and tip, hopefully by then the world and his wife will have filled up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Maybe the muppets have filled all their plastic bags and bin liners. No queue at supermarket filling station, no diesel but had petrol. And shelves well stocked, even got some CO2 dependent own brand cheapo tonic waters. I await with disinterest the next Corporal Jones style "don't panic" GINO pronouncement.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Still sitting at 30 mile range in the tank. According to the grape vine pretty much all the petrol stations are empty or have massive queues round here still. When there is a delivery the queues form immediately. I don't have time to go sit in a queue, so will wait it out for a few days more.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Bought a car yesterday, needs a few minor things attended to but seems to be pretty tidy all round.

Swapped cranks over on the trainer bike but yet to try the new gearing out. Tomorrow perhaps.

The rest of the week has been taxi duty.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    waddya buy dude?
  • MattFalle
    Anyone else watching CSI:Miami?
  • Wheelspinner
    A fairly conservative choice in the end. BMW 535i Touring, previous series (F11 model), low miles. I had an earlier one of these before, for a long time, and they tick pretty much all the things I want. Fast, very comfortable and spacious, loads of carrying capacity, QUIET. Lovely thing to cruise country roads which is 80% of my miles.
  • Wheelspinner
    Like this, same colour

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Had a reprieve, girl's dad managed to extend his stay and get a hire car to move her. Very glad about that, now have a quiet afternoon on the cards. Went to see H³, bloody hell he's changed! He's about a foot shorter than I remembered and Asian. Then I realised the house a couple of doors down from him has got an Asgard the same colour as his 🤣
  • elbowloh

Had a reprieve, girl's dad managed to extend his stay and get a hire car to move her. Very glad about that, now have a quiet afternoon on the cards. Went to see H³, bloody hell he's changed! He's about a foot shorter than I remembered and Asian. Then I realised the house a couple of doors down from him has got an Asgard the same colour as his 🤣

Where the feck is he? Is he coming back on here?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_

Went to see H³, bloody hell he's changed! He's about a foot shorter than I remembered and Asian. Then I realised the house a couple of doors down from him has got an Asgard the same colour as his 🤣

:lol:
  • MattFalle

Like this, same colour

smoooooth! sounds like a perfct purchase for you.

what's the radio like?
  • Wheelspinner
    MattFalle said:

Like this, same colour

smoooooth! sounds like a perfct purchase for you.

what's the radio like?
    Pretty decent. My older one had the fanciest hifi option fitted, separate amps, 16 speakers and subwoofers, was awesome. This one is almost as good, and works with streaming off the phone too which is a plus. Doesn't have DAB+ tuner (too old) but I'm not a radio fan much - rubbish selection available here mainly.
  • MattFalle
    sweeet sounds. the most important bit, tbh.

just don't take music advice from the PoFace or Communter massifs and all will be well.
  • MattFalle
    edited October 2021
    Anyone watching NCIS:LosAngeles?
  • orraloon
    Hmmm... BR forum security dodgy? Just upgraded this iPad to OS 15.0 Got an alert during the restart that the BR password had been in a data leak so get it changed. Ok. What is it again? Nope, incorrect. But that's what I've been logging in with. Turns out the forum was allowing me to log in using an old previous version password, not the current version on my profile. That's not good; what's the point of changing your password to make it more secure if forum software still lets you in using your old, possibly hacked password?
  • thistle_
    Don't think I've changed pw on the new forum yet and it won't let me in with the one from the old forum.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Anyone watching NCIS:LosAngeles?

Said it before, law and order is the thing to watch. NCIS, CSI all pale in comparison.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    change of p/w for BR security?

and you had the temerity to call me sketchy
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

Don't think I've changed pw on the new forum yet and it won't let me in with the one from the old forum.

this.
  • MattFalle
    On a brighter note, it turns out Farage, the racist lord of the imbeciles, had a testicle removed because it broke or something.

couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.
  • MattFalle
    he was also run over by a hit and runner years ago but unfortunately survived