monday the forces of retribution are always listening

'ning

ride unless soggy, cafe stroll, catch up on some stuff, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Super soggy outside so no riding this morning.
    WFW
    Forecast looks better later so might try and go out then, probably won't.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Very soggy here resulting in a change of clothes after walking the hounds.

WFH then chilled ride with a pal before a run
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    It's gopping outside and I'm knackered after yesterday so changed plans and WFH today. Plenty to do anyway, so onwards to torturing numbers and tea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Sat in clinic waiting for vax #2. Was a nice day till this point.

Actual ride out in sunshine earlier, a welcome change. Might do that again sometime.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao!

windy as and wet, just finished some bicycle tinkering in the shed thing, gonna have a shake then weights later and plough on and see where we end up.

oh - TDV has bought herself a kayak. This could go either way.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

Ciao!

windy as and wet, just finished some bicycle tinkering in the shed thing, gonna have a shake then weights later and plough on and see where we end up.

Have you taken out life insurance on her?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao!

It's a good idea in any event, then if she goes for one moan or nag too many, you've got some cash to repair the patio.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    No longer locked in shiny spheres
    that rumble-role in soothing speed
    too closely packed on lazy tar
    like beads confined upon a string

I feel the water freely flow
    My paddle tips reach for the sky
    The land two ribbons by my side
    No roaring engine leads the way

The water-flow starts at my door
    It drifts away through the lagoon
    One day I'll join it to the bay
    and out beyond the Golden Gate
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Sunny!

Back to funereal thread titles I see.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao!

first thing i did. gotta make my fortune somehow. ..
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao!

It's a good idea in any event, then if she goes for one moan or nag too many, you've got some cash to repair the patio.
    nah. amateur, fam.

i have a trebuchet.

#PRO
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

Sunny!

Back to funereal thread titles I see.

not funereal, it's from an old meg greenfield piece that still seems relevant today...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1991/03/12/the-rope-and-the-rack/c60f2538-2bd7-4e8d-8d7a-97d5c9442235/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    WFW and fending off the stupid as is normal. I feel the balance in the force has been restored now SG is back. Just walked to Sainsbury's and there was a huge queue for petrol blocking people from getting into the car park. Got wet wobbling in this morning, but it should be dry for the wobble home at least.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    WFW and fending off the stupid as is normal. I feel the balance in the force has been restored now SG is back. Just walked to Sainsbury's and there was a huge queue for petrol blocking people from getting into the car park. Got wet wobbling in this morning, but it should be dry for the wobble home at least.

Seems to be more of a problem down South - on the way up to Liverpool yesterday I pulled off the A14 to take a leak at the services and got stuck in a long-ish queue of people trying to get to the Shell station at the services, so though sod it and drove down a farm access road before the entrance and took a leak in the field. When I needed to fill up near Derby, went into the services on the M1 and waited no more than a minute before I got to the pumps. Suppose it helped that all the tightwads were going for 95 RON :)
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Seems to be more of a problem down South - on the way up to Liverpool yesterday I pulled off the A14 to take a leak at the services and got stuck in a long-ish queue of people trying to get to the Shell station at the services, so though sod it and drove down a farm access road before the entrance and took a leak in the field. When I needed to fill up near Derby, went into the services on the M1 and waited no more than a minute before I got to the pumps. Suppose it helped that all the tightwads were going for 95 RON :)
    Filled up yesterday morning and it seemed busier than usual for early on a Sunday but no queues and no shortages.
    Saw a queue to get into the services on Friday evening, and there was a line of Discoverys and X5s blocking the road trying to get into the Coop petrol station in Chester this evening.
    Supermarkets here haven't put their prices up, Shell and Esso have both jacked the prices up.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Filled up yesterday morning and it seemed busier than usual for early on a Sunday but no queues and no shortages.
    Saw a queue to get into the services on Friday evening, and there was a line of Discoverys and X5s blocking the road trying to get into the Coop petrol station in Chester this evening.
    Supermarkets here haven't put their prices up, Shell and Esso have both jacked the prices up.
    Exactly - tight gits. I need Super Unleaded anyway - admittedly is was quite pricey but I was driving mainly on scamera infested motorways so was driving sensibly and saw 35 mpg on the trip computer at one point :o
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited September 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Exactly - tight gits. I need Super Unleaded anyway - admittedly is was quite pricey but I was driving mainly on scamera infested motorways so was driving sensibly and saw 35 mpg on the trip computer at one point :o
    Got over half a tank of diesel left, going to make it last until all the tw@ts have stopped panicking.

35mpg eh, impressive drinking. I got 70+ mpg in granny mode once.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Got over half a tank of diesel left, going to make it last until all the tw@ts have stopped panicking.

35mpg eh, impressive drinking. I got 70+ mpg in granny mode once.
    Had to get the current wife to join the twits yesterday as I need fuel to go to the office on Thursday 🙄

Managed 42 mpg in full eco mode once
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    edited September 2021
    Never measure the lack of fuel economy in my car, prefer to measure my fuel consumption in miles per pint. That can get very low :#
  • pinno
    63 mpg out of my old Merc C220 cdi (once).
    Not bad for an 1800 kg car.

That Panzer vagon is slightly better mpg than my Porker :blush:
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

63 mpg out of my old Merc C220 cdi (once).
    Not bad for an 1800 kg car.

That Panzer vagon is slightly better mpg than my Porker :blush:

That's as good as I'll ever get, sitting on the motorway at 70mph in 9th gear. Engine is turning over at just over 1,500rpm at that speed.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited September 2021
    My Vitara will do about 45mpg urban driving and its petrol.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Petrol consumption you say? Now let tell me about my Aygo....
  • pinno
    If you really have to.
  • MattFalle
    It doesn't actually use any because its so powerful when you apply the pedal to the metal it reverses the world's spinning and things come to it, it doesn't go to things.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

It doesn't actually use any because its so powerful when you apply the pedal to the metal it reverses the world's spinning and things come to it, it doesn't go to things.

Is that because it's broken and the mobile mechanic's still trying to fix it? :wink:
  • MattFalle
    cheeky fekker

its Japanese - it'll never breakdown. a massive part of the reason for buying it. that and its mega.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

cheeky fekker

its Japanese - it'll never breakdown. a massive part of the reason for buying it. that and its mega.

Saw the plate for it on Sunday MF17 MAT
  • MattFalle
    now that's a sweeeeet plate.

would look well good on the MIGHTY AYGO as it POWERS down the road.
  • tlw1
    Is 17 the right amount of MFs