Soggy snakes surreptitiously serenading on Sunday thread .

It's very wet already.
Me feet up day whilst toots are booked into (posh*) soft play area.
OH will drink too much coffee and will eat too much cake.

*It's quite a change from the normal chav fest - they have been priced out.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'Ning

Off to catch some covid shortly / I've got a 10k race this morning.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Good luck with the COVID/10k
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Yeah - spread it around a bit in true spaffer style and improve the herd immunity innit.

Did I mention it is soggy?
    Went far too long on the bike over far too hilly terrain yesterday and i'm paying the price today yet loved every minute of it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Gentle hour run to try and rid the body of the various shots from last night.

Breakfast and then hit the loverly m40

Later will be the local I’m sure
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    ‘ning

you chaps are a shower, i told you i was heading off, yet you failed to observe international talk like a pirate day, have been slothful and in a couple of cases temporally batty, contemplating a move to c*******d is no excuse, rooks denote misery by the way

whereas i had to put up with mosquitoes, bgan comms, no bubbly, and general unpleasantness, only to return to this awful climate, in the last few days mother s suddenly in hospital, now fortunately out, but one of mrs s’s lot suddenly in hospital and then dead, ye gods! i must arrange some hols

i see ld and hoppy are still absent, at least mf is back safe, mrs s procured fine belgian orangettes to welcome me, and the cats are happy

ride, perhaps restorative extra brekkie at colbert, stuff, revivifying bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Wahey! Welcome back SG. Hope foreign wasn’t all bad.

Forgot I had an opticians appointment yesterday so marking/coursework stuff is the theme for today. Will also get the bike back on the turbo. Now rugby season has fully kicked in, meaning stupid early starts on Saturdays too (might have mentioned that), I’m disinclined to get out of bed early on a Sunday so indoor training becomes more likely.

Might have a cuppa before starting though.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Well well well, the sun(god) is back out. Might encourage me to go for a rel short wobble in a bit, still have well tired leg muscles, but some is better than none.

Then will be feet up and watch WvA rinse the rest.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks, slowish start is being enjoyed. Need to start moving soon. Have to go to Portsmouth to pick up all the lad's stuff and bring it back. So much for us being empty nesters 😂
    Good to see you back SG, we are indeed a shower, although I liked the alliteration in today's title Piña.
    Should probably put the coffee on before burning that precious fossil fuel. Thankfully have enough in the tank to get there and back. Then the car won't move for at least a week so not an issue.
    Mind you compared to the shitshow running the country we are doing absolutely fine.
  • Out for a bike ride, gotta work off that curry. .

• Plenty of twaats out racing cars about in town but very quiet out here
  • A castle.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399

Out for a bike ride, gotta work off that curry. .

Trailer looks a big on the heavy side
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

A castle.

Enjoy dh 👍
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Well I’ve done my marking and now got side tracked looking for new work shoes. Need something super comfy because of being on my feet all day but formal too cos I have to wear a suit. Do you all realise how difficult that is? Nobody understands :(

Got some really nice Jones the bootmaker ones last year but the hard soles haven’t half caused some decent hip and back pain. Probably just me getting old though. The search continues but in the meantime, bulletin to write and send to the department, and then student’s data to try to make some sense of. Apparently they’re getting themselves tied in knots over Pearson’s and Spearman’s correlation coefficients.
  • seanoconn said:

Out for a bike ride, gotta work off that curry. .

Trailer looks a big on the heavy side
    Gotta carry all that water somehow.
  • 66km and 727m of climbing, longest ride since before lockdown, knackered, shower then lunch.
  • Back from my little camping holiday in the Lake District and straight back to work :/

I did witness the Fred Whitton Challenge while in The Lakes. This was a unexpected pleasant surprise as I thought it was held in May [been postponed Covid an all that], while enjoying a beer or two in the Wainwright Inn

A little taste, happy days :D

Good to see SG back in action too
  • seanoconn

Back from my little camping holiday in the Lake District and straight back to work :/

I did witness the Fred Whitton Challenge while in The Lakes. This was a unexpected pleasant surprise as I thought it was held in May [been postponed Covid an all that], while enjoying a beer or two in the Wainwright Inn

A little taste, happy days :D

Good to see SG back in action too

Lovely pic CC 👍
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

‘ning

you chaps are a shower, i told you i was heading off, yet you failed to observe international talk like a pirate day, have been slothful and in a couple of cases temporally batty, contemplating a move to c*******d is no excuse, rooks denote misery by the way

whereas i had to put up with mosquitoes, bgan comms, no bubbly, and general unpleasantness, only to return to this awful climate, in the last few days mother s suddenly in hospital, now fortunately out, but one of mrs s’s lot suddenly in hospital and then dead, ye gods! i must arrange some hols

i see ld and hoppy are still absent, at least mf is back safe, mrs s procured fine belgian orangettes to welcome me, and the cats are happy

I don’t think you did tell us SG. You may have mentioned searching for holidays. Could you take someone under your wing next time and train them up for daily threads please.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

‘ning

I don’t think you did tell us SG. You may have mentioned searching for holidays. Could you take someone under your wing next time and train them up for daily threads please.
    "i will be in the shadows", not hols, "...roll, wfp" perhaps 'p' for 'plane' was too subtle

reviewing things, pinno made the best effort, he lacks darkness, though perhaps that is for the best, bbers are too innocent to be trained, not one sang along with the 9th cav
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    sungod said:

Sorry to hear about all that - the illnesses/deaths, not the lack of bubbly.
    A holiday definitely sounds like it's in order.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

‘ning
    ...you chaps are a shower, i told you i was heading off...

You should know by now that nobody really reads other posts properly.
    sungod said:

...whereas i had to put up with mosquitoes...

You are either Papillon or our man in Havana.

• pinno
    Anyhoo, who the farq are you again?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    edited September 2021
    Spent far too long driving to and from Liverpool today returning junior to uni, but at least only spent 60 seconds queueing for petrol at a motorway service station and didn't get my wheels nicked while parked in Smithdown.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]