Coelacanths cavort on the cosmic causeway; and that is this Saturday's thread

I know there's roolz but roolz are there to be broken.

Hopefully not too windy so that I can go and pedal.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Shoot I need to go to bed soon
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Another early start for another away game this morning. Over in Essex today. It’s like adding another working day to the week that I don’t get paid for.

Other than that, assuming I don’t spend the whole afternoon napping, got exam papers to mark, some coursework issues to try to sort out (turns out that giving students guidance on what to do for their internal assessment has ended up with them not really thinking about what they’re doing in favour of just blindly spewing stuff from excel - what a surprise), and department meeting to plan. And I’m tempted to tinker with the bike - always thought the brake hoses were on the long side.

Enjoy.
  • tlw1
    SG search party reporting for duty.

Train into that there London with the friends we are staying with followed by stuff followed by train back and the local pub
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Bonking followed by cycle, double cardio needed to beat Pinno to sub 60kg. Possible BBQ later
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    'Ning
    Fantastic views from the mountains of north Wales this morning.

No signs of SG here, although couldn't see much.
    Hiding in a cafe now until the rain stops.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Glad other people did the early shift, I like my lie ins on a weekend. Will be walking the dogs then getting ready to take Stroptwentysomething back to Uni tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    seanoconn said:

Bonking followed by cycle...

In the same day! Never heard Stevo say something similar.

I'm fuelling up big time. Looks like I may get soaked but at least it will be a warm soaking.
    I will change route slightly to see if SG is booked into very posh local hotel. But cheap bottles of £260 Kruger plonk may mean he didn't stay.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Heading to nearby village beerfest this afternoon, not far away but my legs are so tired I'm going to hop on the train. I'll look under the seats and tables to check for the missing SG, LD, HB et al.

Live music on as well, but prob bail early eve before the headliners, there's only so much beer one can take isn't there?
  • tlw1
    Spent time in various bars and couldn’t find SG
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Not a very slow start unfortunately, been a busy day. Got some tickets for the Specials gig in Kingston next month, only found out this morning as the tickets were being released so jumped on the shopping hack rather than risk the website. Bumped into a friend doing the same thing. Should tell H³ I'm going to see Coventry's finest. Then went for my flu jab before meeting friend's daughter and her baby. Spent the day with them trying to be supportive and offering advice on matters I know nothing about. At least she enjoyed the day.
    My still teenage daughter seems to have settled in well at uni, she's been out every night even though she doesn't drink and so far seems happy. Very relieved about that.
    Talking to my sister today and the daughter of on of her friends is doing shoving your arm up a cow's aris' at Liverpool. I told her to ask if she knows stroptwentysomething.
    I think I might have a beer now.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143

Talking to my sister today and the daughter of on of her friends is doing shoving your arm up a cow's aris' at Liverpool.

Doing it for education or just for a bit of fun at the weekend?
  • Evening all, where the flip is my Ruby? Bet the driver is queuing up for petrol.
  • thistle_ said:

Talking to my sister today and the daughter of on of her friends is doing shoving your arm up a cow's aris' at Liverpool.

Doing it for education or just for a bit of fun at the weekend?
    Charity?
  • Stevo_666

Talking to my sister today and the daughter of on of her friends is doing shoving your arm up a cow's aris' at Liverpool. I told her to ask if she knows stroptwentysomething.
    I think I might have a beer now.

What year is she in? Unlikely that they know each other as the vets hardly met each other with all the teaching being online in the last year, but worth asking just in case. Small world and all that...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

Glad other people did the early shift, I like my lie ins on a weekend. Will be walking the dogs then getting ready to take Stroptwentysomething back to Uni tomorrow.

Give it a fortnight.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Give it a fortnight.
    Not with you DHL?
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Give it a fortnight.
    Not with you DHL?
    Until they stop face-to-face teaching, once everyone has signed their accommodation contracts and moved in first.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Give it a fortnight.
    Not with you DHL?
    No, she's not with me ;) and neither is my curry, 30 mins late already.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Give it a fortnight.
    Not with you DHL?
    Until they stop face-to-face teaching, once everyone has signed their accommodation contracts and moved in first.
    Ah got it. I think that vets and a few others have to do some face to face learning. They did a bit last year.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Good sesh in the village beerfest, village life is good. Good local beers range, local shall I say idiosyncratic musician playing early doors but jazz trio put some good beats down. Friendly peeps, loads of families, good bantz. Raising money for a charity looking to help rural Tanzanian maternity support. I like village life, I think I should get me act together and move there.

Anyways. For info. Various friends meeting via various transits, trains, buses, bikes. Family group (the kidz are in their 30s) were well late. One of the kidz suffered a full rim failure = wheel collapse = bike in the hedge = walk the rest and go collect the bike tomorrow, if it's still there. He came back by train with me. Disc brakes people!