Knee pain

I'm new to cycling and recently bought a bike that has 20" wheels, which makes it easier to carry up and down the stairs to my flat.

I'm really enjoying cycling but I'm having a bit of discomfort on the left side of my left knee. I wondered if anyone could advise me if I need to raise/lower my saddle or if I should try a different cycling technique etc? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    philips56 said:

I'm new to cycling and recently bought a bike that has 20" wheels, which makes it easier to carry up and down the stairs to my flat.

I'm really enjoying cycling but I'm having a bit of discomfort on the left side of my left knee. I wondered if anyone could advise me if I need to raise/lower my saddle or if I should try a different cycling technique etc? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Whether you need to raise or lower your saddle would depend on how high or low it is now. Similar in regard to technique. Without seeing you on your bike it’s hard offer advice other than to get saddle height. Heels on pedals and being able to pedal backwards without rocking your hips is a starting point.