Centennial Road World Championships, Flanders - 19-26 September 2021 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited September 2021
    Ganna by 5s from WvA.

That was almost exciting for the last minute of a TT...

Remco best of a bunch 40 odd seconds behind,

Ethan Haytor in 8th - noit bad
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Ganna takes it by 5" with a perfectly paced ride. Ganna looks a bit fresher finishing than the others.
  • who says TTs are boring!!! what a start to the World Champs
  • Pross
    Tony Martin rolled back the years a bit there, very good ride to go out with.
  • Bloody hell, most excited I've ever been watching a TT
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Ganna is so cool.

No drama. Crosses the line, gets off passes bike to soineur, shakes hands with wva, takes Garmin off. No collapsing on the floor and all that rubbish.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    edited September 2021
    Decent watch . Not bad by Tony Martin I thought .
    Hayter did ok .

Ganna and WvA on a different level
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited September 2021
    Who is the new BBC Commentator..?

A - Hayley Simmonds - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayley_Simmonds
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Avg speed for Ganna was 54.355km/h, so the fastest ever in a Worlds.

Full results

Hayter did ok .

Better than OK in my book, if you finish between Bissegger and Affini for 8th in your first elite Worlds ITT.
  • mididoctors

Avg speed for Ganna was 54.355km/h, so the fastest ever in a Worlds.

Full results

Hayter did ok .

Better than OK in my book, if you finish between Bissegger and Affini for 8th in your first elite Worlds ITT.
    Boy done good
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    edited September 2021
    If Van Aert had had the shiny paint on his bike he might have won!
    Ganna seemed to have a standard round bidon on the incredibly shiny bike which I thought was odd. (Auto correct changed that to “bison”, that would have definitely caused drag!)
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    bm5 said:

Ganna seemed to have a standard round bidon on the incredibly shiny bike which I thought was odd. (Auto correct changed that to “bison”, that would have definitely caused drag!)

which, I think, has been stated many times as an aero advantage with that bike.
  • Luke Plapp(new signing for Ineos) in the hotseat for now, but there's a viking or two on the course and looking fast
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    edited September 2021

bm5 said:

which, I think, has been stated many times as an aero advantage with that bike.
    What the round bidon or a bison?
  • The wrong sort of viking (Norwegian) 3rd for now
  • Johan Price-Pejtersen smashes it 😊 The viking u23 TT factory is still rolling them out!
    Sobbing after the finish 😭 It's been an emotional time in the Danish camp
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Class ride, that. I doubt anyone begrudges the Danes winning a title after the events of the past few days.
  • Johan Price-Pejtersen smashes it 😊 The viking u23 TT factory is still rolling them out!

Was he the guy who wiped out in the huge puddle in 2019 WCs TT?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

Johan Price-Pejtersen smashes it 😊 The viking u23 TT factory is still rolling them out!

Wasn't that Attila Valter? There was probably more than one though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • EvD on a flyer at the first check - 52 seconds on Leah Thomas and will probably catch Lisa Klein for 90 seconds. Will give AvV and Reusser something to think about if she paces it to the finish.
  • notquite6foot
    notquite6foot Posts: 248
    edited September 2021
    RichN95. said:

Johan Price-Pejtersen smashes it 😊 The viking u23 TT factory is still rolling them out!

Wasn't that Attila Valter? There was probably more than one though.
    Both, actually.

With one going on to lead the Giro for a few days and another to win U23 rainbows, maybe it's an omen...
  • notquite6foot
    edited September 2021
    Geez, was that a 50km/h avg for EvD?! Cracking ride - will be harder to shift than Evenepoel's ride was, I think.

Klein was caught and still goes into second 1:51 in arrears.
  • Reusser has 3 seconds on EvD at the first check...
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    edited September 2021

Geez, was that a 50km/h avg for EvD?! Cracking ride - will be harder to shift than Evenepoel's ride was, I think.

Klein was caught and still goes into second 1:51 in arrears.

Finally she has some competition - after nobody being within 30 seconds of her at the first split, Reusser is 3 seconds faster with only van Vleuten to come.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Going to be tight finish...
  • Also 16 seconds on AvV, so even at this stage it looks like the same top two from the Euros (in either order).
  • notquite6foot
    edited September 2021
    Gap by the second check has barely changed - just a few tenths in Van Dijk's favour in the middle stretch. AvV loses no further ground, interestingly.
  • Joss Lowden will get a top-10 finish, so training for the hour record was good preparation for today's course.
  • notquite6foot
    edited September 2021
    Reusser tails off and finishes 10 seconds behind. AvV 24 behind. It's a second ITT jersey for EvD (8 years after her first).
  • mididoctors
    Bit of a surprise there .... Good tussle