Morbid Monday

Hounds walked, testing on something at work has already mucked things up. Going to be a long day.

Later is another recovery run.

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    It's just another morbid Monday
    I wish it was Sunday
    'Cause that's my fun day
    My I don't have to run day

Don't have to run? More like knackered knees = cannot.

Not so morbid or manic. Sun shining 😎 Last day before the rest of week is work work. Bit of pottering, bit of fettling, bit of scouting out local plant nurseries to see if target items available at less than 'kin ridiculous garden centre prices. Light pedal later? Maybe, depends how morbid...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    edited September 2021
    Half day off, so going out shortly to scout aroundthe village where our new target house is. And scope the pubs of course :)

Later is work and some anticipated politics.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    orraloon said:

I wish it was Sunday
    'Cause that's my fun day
    My I don't have to run day

Don't have to run? More like knackered knees = cannot.

Not so morbid or manic. Sun shining 😎 Last day before the rest of week is work work. Bit of pottering, bit of fettling, bit of scouting out local plant nurseries to see if target items available at less than 'kin ridiculous garden centre prices. Light pedal later? Maybe, depends how morbid...

Managed to kill my latest house plant. Who’d have thought you could scorch a cactus in a sunny window. He’s not dead but less that perfect so he’s not my favourite anymore.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    edited September 2021
    Hurtled into work like a cat with its tail on fire, in, around and over traffic, the new suspension seatpost working like a charm.

What’s the difference between Selle Italia slr and smp apart from the shape in terms of comfort?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Gym gymmed but more chatting than lifting.

Tiny bit of work to do but apart from that, not a lot to report tbh....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Hurtled into work like a cat with its tail on fire, in, around and over traffic, the new suspension seatpost working like a charm.

What’s the difference between Selle Italia slr and smp apart from the shape in terms of comfort?

SLR flat, SMP that drop nose thang?
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Yes apart from that 😂

Bit of a silly question really, I’m not even sure what I want to know. I’d like to try an smp but not for £200 then find out I don’t like it.
  • Legs are wobbly after a half marathon in Blackpool yesterday. Head is wobbly after the post run drinks.
    Packing tonight as we're off to sunnier climes on Thursday, the downside is the airport lounge we booked won't be open in time after a refurb and the other one is full. Mixing with the rabble it is...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Yes apart from that 😂

Bit of a silly question really, I’m not even sure what I want to know. I’d like to try an smp but not for £200 then find out I don’t like it.
    From what I’ve read, smp = hammock like cosseting. But, like you, I’d rather not spend £200 to find out I don’t like it. Do quite like the SLR though…
  • MattFalle
    a load of shops do a test saddle before buying kinda thang, so maybe worth asking?

Tbh, SLRs are mega so go no further and I want to say that they are on sale at CRC at the mo'....
  • I ride SMP saddles, have a couple different models. They are finicky to get set up just right but I find them very good. I ended up liking the one with the *least* padding, the narrow “Composit” model. Also like the Forma and Dynamic ones.

I’ve had SLR models as well and rather like the Team Gel Flow, and the Kit Carbonio but YMMV.

I’ve a couple of spares you’re welcome to borrow and try…

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Village is nice and quiet although the roads are a bit narrow. The only visible amenities are two pubs, both several hundred years old, so looks like all my immediate needs will be met :) Sellers are both nice enough, despite being Scousers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

I ride SMP saddles, have a couple different models. They are finicky to get set up just right but I find them very good. I ended up liking the one with the *least* padding, the narrow “Composit” model. Also like the Forma and Dynamic ones.

I’ve had SLR models as well and rather like the Team Gel Flow, and the Kit Carbonio but YMMV.

Thanks WS, I’ll nip round after work 👍

Do you find the smps more comfortable?
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

Village is nice and quiet although the roads are a bit narrow. The only visible amenities are two pubs, both several hundred years old, so looks like all my immediate needs will be met :) Sellers are both nice enough, despite being Scousers.

Which village?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Tell em you’re a Chelsea fan, they might sweeten the deal 😉
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Legs are wobbly after a half marathon in Blackpool yesterday. Head is wobbly after the post run drinks.
    Packing tonight as we're off to sunnier climes on Thursday, the downside is the airport lounge we booked won't be open in time after a refurb and the other one is full. Mixing with the rabble it is...

Good work on the legs and head
  • seanoconn said:

I ride SMP saddles, have a couple different models. They are finicky to get set up just right but I find them very good. I ended up liking the one with the *least* padding, the narrow “Composit” model. Also like the Forma and Dynamic ones.

Thanks WS, I’ll nip round after work 👍

Do you find the smps more comfortable?
    Yes I prefer them for comfort, although caveat being the one I use with zero padding means the pad in my knicks is more critical than normal. But with decent shorts, the SMP is the only saddle I can ride for a few hours and not have numb bits or sore bones. Even two hours on a turbo (mostly) seated is still fine.

Three hours is about my limit on a bike anyway these days - neck complains long before my butt does.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Which village?
    I'll PM you John, don't want the nosey gits working out where I'll be living soon (hopefully) :)
  • MattFalle
    you john will just put it on here as soon as you tell him, ya?
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Which village?
    I'll PM you John, don't want the nosey gits working out where I'll be living soon (hopefully) :)
    👍 need to know where I’m going when I gate crash the housewarming
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Which village?
    👍 need to know where I’m going when I gate crash the housewarming
    We're arranging for some extra fencing to keep the dogs in and the rabble out.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Tell em you’re a Chelsea fan, they might sweeten the deal 😉
    I thought doing my Harry Enfield Scousers impression would make him like me.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

you john will just put it on here as soon as you tell him, ya?

Did you miss the pics what with being away?
  • MattFalle
    Yup - can you repost please?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Here's the thread MF:
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13116805/thursday-advances-inexorably-to-oblivion

Plus a teaser of the outside:

• MattFalle
    oh - we like that. v v nice. let me head into the thread link...
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Here's the thread MF:
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13116805/thursday-advances-inexorably-to-oblivion

Cool, hill repeats 👍
  • MattFalle
    comments made on the other thread, please don't take them personally.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Here's the thread MF:

Cool, hill repeats 👍
    It's pretty steep, a bit more so than it looks in the pic - getting a car up will be like that scene from the Italian Job with the Minis on the ramps behind the bus
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

comments made on the other thread, please don't take them personally.

No worries.