Full Hicksville Saturday

Hounds then gentle run.

Then over to the ploughing competition with a bar run by the local young farmers, then nip into a mates for his daughters 21st then into town - going to be a rather boozy day

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Waiting at school. Too damned early. Up that there London later on for a gig at the roundhouse. Which is nice because I really like gigs at the roundhouse.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Snoozy. Hound scoffing brekkie. Famiglia. That's about it, tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Sitting in the cafe in town while The Panzer gets new front boots fitted. Then get the new dining chairs unboxed and get shot of the knackered old ones. Outing for the hounds later as usual.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Morning. Waiting at school. Too damned early. Up that there London later on for a gig at the roundhouse. Which is nice because I really like gigs at the roundhouse.

Who are you seeing John?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Not such a slow start today. House of stress, daughter has been sick at least twice and barely slept. I'm sure she'll be fine once she gets there, just got to get her there. Car is packed, just got to point it south.
    Enjoy the gig Mr GTi.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    oxoman said:

Guess what's getting a deep clean later.

Your todger?
    Err, TLW's feet.
    Stevo's mind.
    MF's knee cap.
    Orraloon's eye.
    Elbow's carpet (no, his carpet).
    Seano's frying pans.

Fog has lifted a bit. That means I will be able to see my front wheel (from the kitchen).

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Who are you seeing John?
    Frank Turner. Teen GTi is joining us.

In other news, my team won 70-15 so that’s a decent return for the early start. Teen GTi was involved in that too, think he felt better about being forced out of bed at 6.15!!
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Not such a slow start today. House of stress, daughter has been sick at least twice and barely slept. I'm sure she'll be fine once she gets there, just got to get her there. Car is packed, just got to point it south.
    Enjoy the gig Mr GTi.

Good luck with that V, like you say she'll be fine once she's there.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Who are you seeing John?

In other news, my team won 70-15 so that’s a decent return for the early start. Teen GTi was involved in that too, think he felt better about being forced out of bed at 6.15!!
    Nice one and big win. Tyre fitting took longer than expected so didn't drop by to see the trouncing of the other side.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    oxoman said:

O,s eye think terminator.

😉 I was thinking to quote the Terminator from that scene in his room replying to the landlord at the door, but perhaps inappropriate.

Though I guess y'all will know the quote for each time I leave the Eye clinic?

Off to do some pottering and lawn fettling, is the time of year. How come it's not raining?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Tyre fitting took longer than expected...

That's because you kerbed them (lots).
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Tyre fitting took longer than expected...

That's because you kerbed them (lots).
    Nah, I've got the magic parking cameras to protect me :)
  • johngti

Morning folks,
    Enjoy the gig Mr GTi.

Hope the daughter feels better soon V. Sucks to be so stressed
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Who are you seeing John?

Nice one and big win. Tyre fitting took longer than expected so didn't drop by to see the trouncing of the other side.
    ‘Twas decent for sure! Always nice to record a win against Langley, it’s a decent rugby school. I was the b team coach today. A team win too but much less convincingly at 10-5.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Guess what's getting a deep clean later.

Your todger?
    Err, TLW's feet.
    Stevo's mind.
    MF's knee cap.
    Orraloon's eye.
    Elbow's carpet (no, his carpet).
    Seano's frying pans.

All things considered feet are ok, most blisters have hardened
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400

Morning folks,
    Enjoy the gig Mr GTi.

I’ll see your house of stress and raise you a house of anxiety. Latest drama, she can’t find her her her brush, crash bang wallop, hulk smash.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Enjoy the gig Mr GTi.

I’ll see your house of stress and raise you a house of anxiety. Latest drama, she can’t find her her her brush, crash bang wallop, hulk smash.
    Lets fit stressometers to our households and compare values.

You see, Jack and I are out numbered by females who are driven by complex emotions.

Anyway, fantastic ride. Everybody out in the sunshine. Stopped for numerous blethers elongating the ride time.
  • orraloon
    An advantage to living by myself is no direct 3rd party stress. Pros and cons, innit.

Good sesh sorting out lawn at daughter's place, bit of hand scarifying in the full sunshine, topdressing, clear level and sow new areas, oversow the existing, water it all in. She'd better not forget to use the sprinkler I've left her over the next couple of weeks. The garden renovation project is coming on well.

Barbie tonight I think, sunshine staying for a bit it seems, along with a cold beer or 2.
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

An advantage to living by myself is no direct 3rd party stress. Pros and cons, innit.

Good sesh sorting out lawn at daughter's place, bit of hand scarifying in the full sunshine, topdressing, clear level and sow new areas, oversow the existing, water it all in. She'd better not forget to use the sprinkler I've left her over the next couple of weeks. The garden renovation project is coming on well.

Barbie tonight I think, sunshine staying for a bit it seems, along with a cold beer or 2.

On your own? Lucky devil. What did you do with the Missus?

I’ll have to seed the odd bare patch the kids have worn out soon.
  • orraloon
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

On your own? Lucky devil. What did you do with the Missus?

I’ll have to seed the odd bare patch the kids have worn out soon.
    You may remember a pic I posted of a visiting hedgepig; the patio is very uneven... 🤔
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Thanks chaps. Daughter delivered with no mishaps thankfully, feels odd having the house to ourselves. Now having what feels like a well earned beer.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    orraloon said:

And you can stay out hiking until 10.30 at night, and when you wake up at 4am and can't get back to sleep you can just get up and go out somewhere:

• seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

And you can stay out hiking until 10.30 at night, and when you wake up at 4am and can't get back to sleep you can just get up and go out somewhere:

Panoramic?
  • orraloon
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

If you iz a nutter. Cracking view though Gromit.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Panoramic?
    Bless you :smiley:

It is panoramic but it's not distorted, it actually looks like that.
    Black d1kes hole or summat, complements TLW's foot I guess.
  • Stevo_666

Thanks chaps. Daughter delivered with no mishaps thankfully, feels odd having the house to ourselves. Now having what feels like a well earned beer.

Bit of a relief no doubt. Our turn to do the uni run next weekend.