Friday, let’s start the weekend

Just got work stuff first, WFH with the house to myself for once 😎

Hounds have been walked and run has been run.

Later is the pub

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Been a busy few days fending off idiots. WFH for me too today, EPO has the day off to help female child with getting stuff ready for the big uni move. Poor kid is quite literally being sick with worry at the moment. Doubt I'll make it to a pub later, but Sunday...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH then starting the journey up north for a weeks holiday in Yorkshire.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    oxoman said:

WFW, short day today. Taking it easy and being observant and taking stock of idiots. Beer tonight will be consumed after tea in large amounts.

How is the job going now? Have the changes you wanted been made?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Right up t' Yorkshire. Right, lovely smashin'. Right.

Bloody dull here. Van failed MOT - welding required.
    Tricky is on the mend so much so that' she is playing the goat and has hidden some library books due for renewal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • At the latter stages of a global pandemic which has killed thousands and cost untold misery to millions across the globe I'm holding my first Zoom meeting at 11 o'clock.

Curry and beer later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Another lazy day, not quite so do-nothing as yesterday but still emulating a lardyarsed OAP.

Pottering about doing mimimal. Have lots of 'Roma' tomatoes ripened so make some passata.

What time does the bar open on a Friday?
  • The yard arm has passed somewhere, imagine you're in that place.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294

The yard arm has passed somewhere, imagine you're in that place.

Former boss was a keen sailor and told me that the yardarm is not fixed. So if the sun is up you can arrange things so it's passed the yardarm 😁
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    elbowloh said:

WFH then starting the journey up north for a weeks holiday in Yorkshire.

Flying there?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Third day in the office this week, more pedalling. Only one Cornish pasty and 2 coffees consumed so better get some lunch as I'm still peckish. More meetings this afternoon including some office politics but nearly at the weekend...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The yard arm has passed somewhere, imagine you're in that place.

Former boss was a keen sailor and told me that the yardarm is not fixed. So if the sun is up you can arrange things so it's passed the yardarm 😁
    To quote the legendary Captain Goodvibes, “Sun’s up. Time for a gin and tonic.”
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Captain Goodvibes sounds like my kind of guy!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    So farking busy since being back. Thanks to the demands of being a senior member of staff in the IB school of the decade, it’s a proper 6-day a week job in which I only get paid for 5. Rugby on Saturdays you see. Refuse to do it and pay gets threatened. Great.

Anyway. Still trying to make sure that none of my department do silly things that will either annoy me or get me into hot water, mad teaching and assessment load already, knackered, 7am start on a Saturday FFS. Might go for a run this evening, might not. Teen GTi has had three lots of games and sports science and will be coming to play tomorrow so I’ll let him off (regular fixture against Langley Park, so more the Bromley way). Won’t tell you anything else about tomorrow yet because it isn’t.

Really fancy a curry tonight now…
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

So farking busy since being back. Thanks to the demands of being a senior member of staff in the IB school of the decade, it’s a proper 6-day a week job in which I only get paid for 5. Rugby on Saturdays you see. Refuse to do it and pay gets threatened. Great.

Anyway. Still trying to make sure that none of my department do silly things that will either annoy me or get me into hot water, mad teaching and assessment load already, knackered, 7am start on a Saturday FFS. Might go for a run this evening, might not. Teen GTi has had three lots of games and sports science and will be coming to play tomorrow so I’ll let him off (regular fixture against Langley Park, so more the Bromley way). Won’t tell you anything else about tomorrow yet because it isn’t.

Really fancy a curry tonight now…

Maybe the 'gt' in your username does stand for Grumpy Teacher then John? ;)

Langley Park isn't too far from where I am (until we move, fingers crossed). When will you be there?
  • johngti
    Grumpy something anyway!!

I think we’re kicking off at 9am. U14 team so 25 minute halves.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2021
    johngti said:

Grumpy something anyway!!

I think we’re kicking off at 9am. U14 team so 25 minute halves.

I might be drifting past Park Langley in the morning as I'm due to get some new rubber fitted to The Panzer at 9am (not my choice, it's the only slot the tyre place had). I could see if I can spot you :)
  • johngti
    There will be three middle aged men there looking after the teams. I guess it all depends on if you’re good at guessing what folk look like!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    BACK IN!

How is everyone? Have i missed anything?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    It's an MF back out of his ditch! Bienvenue, willkommen. Nah, nowt going dahn.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Grazie! Good to be back tbh.

Nowt at all? Seriously? Nothing at all? Not even a morsel?
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

You’re clearly the life and would of the bottom bracket. Place has been in limbo without you.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    MattFalle said:

BACK IN!

The MF’s are back! 🥳🥳🥳

You know it’s true, you never know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Dull as dishwater round here. Pinno does his best to keep moral up. Stevo’s doing his best for the ‘meet you in a park toilet brigade’

Sungod’s gone AWOL. Credit to TLW1 for filling in at short notice.

Currently discovering the delights of Whiskey sours, nectar of the gods I tell you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

You’re clearly the life and would of the bottom bracket. Place has been in limbo without you.
    i'll accept that as flattery, not comedy, so grazie.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

i'll accept that as flattery, not comedy, so grazie.
  • MattFalle
    Its also good to see the forum still double posts by itself ....
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    MattFalle said:

BACK IN!

Who the feck are you? / welcome back
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

BACK IN!

Who the censored are you? / welcome back
    just some bloke from the ooloo come wandering in looking for a cold beer

and grazie.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

BACK IN!

The MF’s are back! 🥳🥳🥳

You know it’s true, you never know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Dull as dishwater round here. Pinno does his best to keep moral up. Stevo’s doing his best for the ‘meet you in a park toilet brigade’

Sungod’s gone AWOL. Credit to TLW1 for filling in at short notice.

Currently discovering the delights of Whiskey sours, nectar of the gods I tell you.
    Wow, high praise seano. You’d think someone worthy of your praise would have the decency to reply to such a lovely post. Obviously not.
    Another whiskey sour seano? Don’t mind if I do 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    oh you're all still bickering are you? ffs, gents, cut it out
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

Who the farq are you?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!