Seemingly trivial things that intrigue you

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Coke weren't paying him directly?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pblakeney said:

Exactly.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    Why do people in restaurants feel the need to complain?

They get everything handed to them on a plate...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    elbowloh said:

We Want Plates should disband.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    elbowloh said:

Boom boom Basil.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    edited September 2021
    elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

Exactly.
    Going back to this. When you said "everyone praised Ronaldo". Not really accurate. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    elbowloh said:

You know when everyone praised Ronaldo because he said to drink water rather than coke....

I would have thought Piri Piri chicken would have been more appropriate for a Portuguese.
  • pinno
    Like he needs more money by appearing on adverts?!
  • pblakeney
    edited September 2021
    pinno said:

Click here if you dare - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5551431/The-31-sponsorship-deals-Cristiano-Ronaldo-worlds-highest-paid-athlete.html

Who'd have guessed Egyptian Steel for example?
    PS - Read the comments regarding Flamini! 😱😱😱
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

Click here if you dare - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5551431/The-31-sponsorship-deals-Cristiano-Ronaldo-worlds-highest-paid-athlete.html

Sorry Blakey - The Daily Heil doesn't like my had blocker and I don't like the Daily Heil.
  • pblakeney
    edited September 2021
    pinno said:

pblakeney said:

pinno said:

Sorry Blakey - The Daily Heil doesn't like my had blocker and I don't like the Daily Heil.
    Fair enough. Needless to say that he collects money from a load of sources.
    Oh, and Flamini is allegedly worth 15 billion on there. Google comes up with €30 billion.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,282
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-wiltshire-58558802

A cyclist was punched in the head after a disagreement with a motorist over an overtaking manoeuvre.

Adrian Short, from the Swindon Wheelers group, was hurt in the incident in August near Swindon.

His wife, Mandi, fell in front of the car and said she feared she was going to be seriously injured.

The motorist was given a caution.

How does this just result in a caution?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    pangolin said:

A cyclist was punched in the head after a disagreement with a motorist over an overtaking manoeuvre.

Adrian Short, from the Swindon Wheelers group, was hurt in the incident in August near Swindon.

His wife, Mandi, fell in front of the car and said she feared she was going to be seriously injured.

Maybe he wasn't wearing a helmet. In fact, I'm surprised there isn't something in the article to imply it was all the fault of the cyclists. I'm sure the below the line comments will rectify the omission.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    In the video the cyclist grabs the wing mirror to prop himself up and speak to the driver. I suppose the driver could say he thought he was going to attacked so got in early.
  • pblakeney
    Pross said:

pangolin said:

Maybe he wasn't wearing a helmet. In fact, I'm surprised there isn't something in the article to imply it was all the fault of the cyclists. I'm sure the below the line comments will rectify the omission.
    The cyclist was holding onto the door mirror. Not a good idea.
    Look like a bad situation made worse.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

Pross said:

pangolin said:

I don't think the driver was exactly looking to drive away and let bygones be bygones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOQXGehciiM&t=55s
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

Pross said:

pangolin said:

I don't think the driver was exactly looking to drive away and let bygones be bygones.
    As I said, a bad situation made worse.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    edited September 2021
    Ah the old boys will be boys treatment when it comes to sentencing things that happen on the road
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,282
    Just found out actor Terrence Howard published a paper on how 1x1=2, and 1x1=1 is a conspiracy planted 6000 years ago by aliens to limit our civilisation.

Well worth a read. Often such papers are behind a paywall, luckily he chose to use Twitter.

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • elbowloh
    Those bastard cyclists weren't riding in single file.

How does the driver get away with rear ending the guy with the camera because he was too busy punching another cyclist?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • I suspect that it will eventually get referred to the PCC.
  • elbowloh said:

Those censored cyclists weren't riding in single file.

How does the driver get away with rear ending the guy with the camera because he was too busy punching another cyclist?

How is he supposed to pay attention to the road in front when he's punching someone in the head, your honour?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited September 2021
    pangolin said:

Just found out actor Terrence Howard published a paper on how 1x1=2, and 1x1=1 is a conspiracy planted 6000 years ago by aliens to limit our civilisation.

Well worth a read. Often such papers are behind a paywall, luckily he chose to use Twitter.

I was in the top set in maths, at GCSE and so I had the pleasure of being treated to all sorts of pure maths proofs for 1hr lessons at a time. One day, our teacher “proved” to us that 1 = 2.

I’d have been much happier learning the practical applications of maths rather than being subjected to that, but alas my shitty school still thought it was a grammar attended by royalty and dignitaries (that history was well behind it).

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pangolin said:

It's quite something to write that much, and for part of your reasoning to be 1 + (1 x 1) = 3 because of laws.
  • TheBigBean

pangolin said:

It's quite something to write that much, and for part of your reasoning to be 1 + (1 x 1) = 3 because of laws.
    I assumed it was a witty maths joke and was thoroughly disappointed.
  • TheBigBean
    Ben6899 said:

pangolin said:

I was in the top set in maths, at GCSE and so I had the pleasure of being treated to all sorts of pure maths proofs for 1hr lessons at a time. One day, our teacher “proved” to us that 1 = 2.

I’d have been much happier learning the practical applications of maths rather than being subjected to that, but alas my shitty school still thought it was a grammar attended by royalty and dignitaries (that history was well behind it).

The entire point of pure maths is the opposite of this. It is about ensuring that everything can be proved robustly, so more typical examples are proving things that are completely obvious e.g. that there are no integers between 0 and 1.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Ben6899 said:

pangolin said:

The entire point of pure maths is the opposite of this. It is about ensuring that everything can be proved robustly, so more typical examples are proving things that are completely obvious e.g. that there are no integers between 0 and 1.
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly. He was batshit.

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Ben6899 said:

pangolin said:

I got kicked out of the top set at A level for laughing in the teacher's face when he was shouting at me. It wasn't my fault, he'd always had a beard through all the years I'd been at the school. He was shouting at me for being late whilst being clean shaven. The rest of the class were behind him rubbing their chins, they made me do it.
    I never liked pure maths.
  • pblakeney
    Weird one today out on the bike. Rolling along on a major but quiet road before a right turn. I slowed down to pace my turn after the oncoming 2 cars and signalled. The first car came to a standstill and waved me across. Nice gesture but wtf?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Belgian driver?