There is no Wednesday

Well there is a Wednesday but there is no day thread. The solar deity must have got so drenched the light went out.

Fun packed day beckons: off to get my umpty-umpteenth eye injection this afternoon. Do nothing couple of days to follow. Fun, fun, fun.

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Good luck with that 'fun' 'Loon.

Good weather today. Will pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    No Wednesday? Does this mean I should have stayed in bed?
    Weather not so great here, but at least it's not raining. Hopefully all is well with SG and he's just hibernating until the sun comes out. Going to wobble over to the old dear's at lunchtime and work from there this afternoon. Might go for a walk on the Common with my sister as she is still around. Pub later, or is that cancelled if there's no Wednesday?
    Eye injections don't sound like fun, but I guess having them is better than needing them and not having them. I don''t suppose you can close your eyes either. Hope they're working at least 'loon.
    Have a good one people.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good luck loon

Another day another office far away from home.

Yesterday I managed a run and the pub, today I think I should just concentrate on one of them
  • The pub?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • WFW and it's a nice day out, managed to bodge an integrated freezer in last night using a mixture of new and old hinge kits.
    Probably do a bit of holiday organizing tonight and order some covid tests.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

The pub?

Well it would be rude not to
  • Ryanair are twunts...

Just saying.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151

Ryanair are twunts...

Just saying.

I guess you're not surprised HD...

Another day in the office, took the train in as I had a load of shirts etc to take into the office for the days that I pedal in. Missed out on a free Full English brekky from advisors as too many people cried off turning up in person to the brekky roundtable event on account of corporate policies or some BS like that. I guess they prefer catching COVID from their co-workers rather than strangers. Maybe next time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Had to go and sit a health and safety test to get my site access card. It was a lot harder than when I last had to do it and the pass mark is now 92%.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

I guess they prefer catching COVID from their co-workers rather than strangers. Maybe next time.

Maybe they've been listening to Javid. He said there is no need to wear masks in parliament as they are not strangers. So, the health secretary seems to think you can only catch it from strangers :D
  • elbowloh said:

Had to go and sit a health and safety test to get my site access card. It was a lot harder than when I last had to do it and the pass mark is now 92%.

If H&S was taken seriously and was that important the pass rate would be set at 100% surely ;)

Late shift WFW...
    pub first? maybe

• Finally got my motorcycle back from the service shop. Now listed for sale.

Builder bloke in this morning to do some minor works I just CBA to do any more. Now to arrange a few more trades to turn up and finish the job with any luck.

Neck going from bad to worse.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh said:

If H&S was taken seriously and was that important the pass rate would be set at 100% surely ;)

Late shift WFW...
    pub first? maybe

The 8% allows for those who are so stupid that death by stupidity would be too good for them.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I guess they prefer catching COVID from their co-workers rather than strangers. Maybe next time.

Maybe they've been listening to Javid. He said there is no need to wear masks in parliament as they are not strangers. So, the health secretary seems to think you can only catch it from strangers :D
    I'm sure if this came as a question on Family Fortunes: 'name a disease that you risk catching from strangers', this wouldn't be the top choice :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

elbowloh said:

Late shift WFW...
    pub first? maybe

The 8% allows for those who are so stupid that death by stupidity would be too good for them.
    We need more Darwin Awards.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Late shift WFW...
    pub first? maybe

I think I've mentioned before there seems to be a lot of stupid around.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Late shift WFW...
    pub first? maybe

I think I've mentioned before there seems to be a lot of stupid around.
    Could be a self rectifying problem in some cases.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    elbowloh said:

I think I found the current one easier thank last time I did it but I think they've got rid of the "what would you do in this situation" stuff where none or all of the options were correct.
    I've probably mentioned before that I've only needed the card once in 15 years, which says a lot about the majority of work sites.