monday i will be in the shadows

'ning

ride, cafes, roll, wfp

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    Monday I will be in the car.

500 miles. No useless lorry driver blockage this time please.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
  • pinno
    Dull 'ere.

Do we presume TLW has crashed out?
    Will they save the foot? or...
    Will he make the next Paralympics?

Forecast and wevver is pants. Will pedal the morra instead.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    wfp?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Managed to fall asleep drinking wine at 21:30 last night 🤦‍♂️

In offices too far away from home, which seems to be a theme this week.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Wine might make a good antiseptic.

WFW, dull here too, may go for a run later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Monday in the office with thankfully few meetings so catching up on a few things I should have done last week. Getting up at 6.15 to pedal in felt like a lie in compared to last week, but coffee is still needed.

I see Bromley is getting a bit of air time on the news to due to the Raducanu US Open win. Don't all move here at once...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Don't all move here at once...

Aaah but... wait 6 months then sell up.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

With any luck we'll be in the sticks in a couple of months. Fingers crossed the survey and searches don't throw up any unwelcome surprises...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Tired again as it's Monday.
    Managed an 18 mile run on Saturday and that's the last of the big ones, time to start winding it down now. Only 13.1 to run on Sunday at the Blackpool half marathon.
    I think it's time to dust off the turbo trainer as well.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

With any luck we'll be in the sticks in a couple of months. Fingers crossed the survey and searches don't throw up any unwelcome surprises...
    I was thinking of the possible price rises in Bromley that you could capitalise on.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

Monday in the office with thankfully few meetings so catching up on a few things I should have done last week. Getting up at 6.15 to pedal in felt like a lie in compared to last week, but coffee is still needed.

I see Bromley is getting a bit of air time on the news to due to the Raducanu US Open win. Don't all move here at once...

Tony Cascarino now reckons he's the 6th most famous person from Bromley, he was 5th before Raducanu's win.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2021
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Tony Cascarino now reckons he's the 6th most famous person from Bromley, he was 5th before Raducanu's win.
    Who are the other 4? Assume Dina Asher Smith is one? Julie Andrews? David Bowie, H.G. Wells, Charles Darwin and Enid Blyton will be other candidates if they don't restrict it to the living.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Who are the other 4? Assume Dina Asher Smith is one? Julie Andrews? David Bowie, H.G. Wells, Charles Darwin and Enid Blyton will be other candidates if they don't restrict it to the living.
    I think you’re being very modest Stevo 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Major bike tinkering in operation. Don’t fancy being forced to buy a new car for regular trips inside new ultra low emission zone in October so will need to customise the bone cruncher to make the ride more bearable.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

He only mentioned Rio Ferdinand and Alan Minter.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

He only mentioned Rio Ferdinand and Alan Minter.
    Oh yeah, Rio. He lives in some gated place a couple of miles out.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Don't think I've even had 15 minutes of fame...

So what about your end of the world Seano? Do The Wombles take all 5 top spots? :)
  • Stevo_666
    Closest I ever came was meeting some bloke who apparently used to be famous, back on our summer hols in 2007. He agreed to pose for a pic with junior, then aged 5. Do you recognise him?

• seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Closest I ever came was meeting some bloke who apparently used to be famous, back on our summer hols in 2007. He agreed to pose for a pic with junior, then aged 5. Do you recognise him?

My sister had some pretty scary parents evening when she was teaching their son.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

So what about your end of the world Seano? Do The Wombles take all 5 top spots? :)
    Startling google result of famous people from Wimbledon…….

Steve-O! I Sh!t you not! 😂
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

I got it now...hate it when people copy my nickname :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2021
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

My sister had some pretty scary parents evening when she was teaching their son.
    They were actually very friendly and relaxed - maybe because he had only just jacked in the top job about 6 weeks previously and handed the poison chalice to one-eyed Gordon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw, usual stupidity being fended off where possible. Nice enough wobble in at least. Beautiful assistant is back from her holiday tomorrow, looking forward to that for professional reasons as well as the obvious ones.
    seanoconn said:

:o Now that I didn't know. Served Mr Reed when I worked in the Gland in Hand, his son was an aris' to say the least.
  • thistle_

Only 13.1 to run on Sunday at the Blackpool half marathon.
    I think it's time to dust off the turbo trainer as well.

My friends did a half marathon in Blackpool yesterday. Is there another one this coming weekend?

• That was the blackpool festival of running.
    https://www.runblackpoolfestival.com/

The one I'm running is different.
    https://www.fyldecoastrunners.com/great-nw-half-marathon.html#/
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw, usual stupidity being fended off where possible. Nice enough wobble in at least. Beautiful assistant is back from her holiday tomorrow, looking forward to that for professional reasons as well as the obvious ones.

Ask to see the beach holiday snaps 👍
  • thistle_

That was the blackpool festival of running.
    https://www.runblackpoolfestival.com/

The one I'm running is different.
    https://www.fyldecoastrunners.com/great-nw-half-marathon.html#/

Ahh, I thought the first one was the second one but they'd renamed it.
    I did the GNW one last time it was on and it was pretty good apart from some of the other runners being cnuts.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    Made it Southbound Again. 9 hours total inc stops. M6 is a 'kin pain south of the Lakes, inc twunts on their phones lane wandering in the speed restricted roadworks sections, of which there are lots, otherwise all good.

Cold beer Monday. Deserved. Work tomorrow, oh...
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Does that class as child cruelty Stevo.
    Nah, she didn't have a clue who it was at the time. Maybe if had been Jezza? :)

She kept on doing it herself when she got older. Poor bloody Jordan Pickford probably got some grief off his girlfriend when a couple of 16 yo teenage groupies accosted him while he was on a shopping trip in Selfridges a while back...