ITV4 Catch Up

pblakeney
pblakeney Posts: 25,717
edited September 2021 in Road general
I've missed most of today's racing in the Tour of Britain.
Without any spoilers (please) when will it be available on catch up?
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.
Veronese68 wrote:
PB is the most sensible person on here.

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    When I was looking the other day, the live program was on before the highlights program at 8.00
  • pblakeney
    webboo said:

When I was looking the other day, the live program was on before the highlights program at 8.00

Thanks!
    Going to be a long night if I watch the whole thing. Luckily it looks like no ads if watched via Sky catchup.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    pblakeney said:

webboo said:

Thanks!
    Going to be a long night if I watch the whole thing. Luckily it looks like no ads if watched via Sky catchup.

But how will you know which is the best over 50's life cover if there are no ads?
  • womack said:

pblakeney said:

webboo said:

Thanks!

But how will you know which is the best over 50's life cover if there are no ads?
    To me, nothing says "fun sporting event" like repeated images of the Aberfan disaster, so you're doubly missing out on catchup.
  • pblakeney
    womack said:

pblakeney said:

webboo said:

Thanks!

Didn't work out as well as expected. ITV4 catchup wasn't available for streaming on Sky last night so I had to use the ITV site with ads. I achieved a lot during that program. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,586
    Generally, ITV Hub is the worst way to have to catch up on anything. I presume if you take the subscription option then it will be better, but noones doing that, right?
    You've really got to want to see it to use it.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Generally, ITV Hub is the worst way to have to catch up on anything. I presume if you take the subscription option then it will be better, but noones doing that, right?

We took the and free channel 4 subscription so we can plough through the handsmaids tale. First episode - "due to contractual reasons, this programme will contain commercial messages"

Riiiight.
  • Generally, ITV Hub is the worst way to have to catch up on anything. I presume if you take the subscription option then it will be better, but noones doing that, right?

We took the and free channel 4 subscription so we can plough through the handsmaids tale. First episode - "due to contractual reasons, this programme will contain commercial messages"

Riiiight.
    I did the same for Fargo. It had a trailer and a couple of those stings where the woman in a wetsuit thinks she's lost her keys then hasn't - if you watch without paying the extra, it's pretty much an unbearable level of ads.
  • pblakeney

Generally, ITV Hub is the worst way to have to catch up on anything. I presume if you take the subscription option then it will be better, but noones doing that, right?

Riiiight.
    I did the same for Fargo. It had a trailer and a couple of those stings where the woman in a wetsuit thinks she's lost her keys then hasn't - if you watch without paying the extra, it's pretty much an unbearable level of ads.
    Pretty much why this is only the second time I have used it.
    You really have to want to watch something to suffer that amount.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    But if you have a DVR device, and the only option is ITVAdLand, set series record then able to fastforward past the miserable donkeys et al. Ok not live but life is better.
  • pblakeney
    orraloon said:

But if you have a DVR device, and the only option is ITVAdLand, set series record then able to fastforward past the miserable donkeys et al. Ok not live but life is better.

TBH, having given control of our DVR to the wife to record soaps years ago I'd forgotten that I could actually record stuff! 😱
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,586
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner