Top Tube bag suggestions

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
Doing a 100 miler soon - and want to keep my muchies and other stuff handy. With a waterproof and other stuff in rear pockets that doesn't leave much room for anything else.

I want something that looks good (if thats possible !) ..any suggestions ?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've a couple of bento box things. Just mesh covers but cheap.
    Do looks matter for the one rjde ?
  • Expensive but I would go for the Topeak Fuel Tank Bag in medium. And I say that as someone who doesn't normally like Topeak stuff. Bought one for next cycling holiday (unscheduled) so I have the option of taking some warmer stuff for descents if need be without over-filling my pockets.

https://www.merlincycles.com/topeak-fue ... 56548.html
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • froze
    froze Posts: 203
    I bought a Specialized Burra Burra and it's water resistant and seems to be well made. Another option is the Topeak Fastfuel bag is also water resistant and seems to be really well made. Both of those bags can be opened with one hand which some cannot, both have water resistant zippers. I bought the Specialized because it's a tad larger than the Topeak, but I own other Topeak bags and their great.

Word about water resistance, the two bags I mentioned do have a waterproof exterior but I don't trust stuff to be as waterproof as they claim so I spray water repellent spray on all my bags about once a year.
  • alistaird
    alistaird Posts: 290
    I'm ready for the flaming.... I use a Rapha top tube bag...

A
    Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I just ordered a Wiggle one:
    https://wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-adventure-top-tube-bag?utm_source=order-placed-sg01-gb&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=orders&utm_content=product;
    Previously had the large version, but that was too long for my 54 bike; so have ordered a regular - hopefully big enough for phone plus assorted gubbins (it's mostly so I can access my phone when riding off road (I don't like the "G" word))

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • vincesummerskRoxcBTr
    edited August 2021
    Planet x Podsacs ones look pretty good, their other bags are great value.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    secretsam said:

I just ordered a Wiggle one:
    https://wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-adventure-top-tube-bag?utm_source=order-placed-sg01-gb&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=orders&utm_content=product;
    Previously had the large version, but that was too long for my 54 bike; so have ordered a regular - hopefully big enough for phone plus assorted gubbins (it's mostly so I can access my phone when riding off road (I don't like the "G" word))

Just tried it out for the first time, absolutely spot on, occasionally knocked my knees against when climbing out of the saddle, but really handy.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    One would assume the OP did his hundred miler by now. This thread was resurrected by a spammer. The original request was made in Aug 2018.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    edited October 2021

One would assume the OP did his hundred miler by now. This thread was resurrected by a spammer. The original request was made in Aug 2018.

I don't think Alistaird was a spammer, looks legit to me.

brunojohnfdjdlkjfdlkffld on the other hand..........

As an aside, I may be about to order a bike with bolts on the top for a top tube bag.
    I noticed the Apidura (Nearly wrote epidural then...) someting or other bag, it is mostly black with some white and yellow stripes on it, and has a magnetic fastener, but seems to have vastly different reviews, from glowing, 'it's the best thing since granary bread', to 'it's useless, things fall out, it has the structural integrity of wet lettuce, and I bang my knees on it'

Any other genuine suggestions out there?

No, not you brunojohnffsdhfdkfhdkfjhdkj, but thanks anyway.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18