friday napalm sticks

'ning

ride, cafes, wfh with ignore timewasters control set to 11¹¹, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    WFH, try to get an early dart and head off to Wales ready for tomorrow’s race
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning
    Drizzly, low cloud and heavy downpours forecast. Think I'll stay in today.

Got a time trial on Sunday so should probably make sure my bike still works and see if I can figure out what's wrong with my power meter, apart from being a Stages one.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

"Participants must NOT aim to gain any psychological benefit or motivation from any other person(s) outside of the event during participation."
    So if I see you at one of the summits I need to shout abuse only?
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

"Participants must NOT aim to gain any psychological benefit or motivation from any other person(s) outside of the event during participation."
    So if I see you at one of the summits I need to shout abuse only?
    😂
  • thistle_
    Where the fark is everyone today?
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

Hiding on the various summits waiting to shout abuse at me?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Hiding on the various summits waiting to shout abuse at me?
    The reception at the top of these Welsh mountains is rubbish :)

I was up pre SG o'clock taking ST down to Horsham based work experience for the last time thankfully. As my meeting meeting this morning were cancelled, I went back to bed for a couple of hours - it was needed. Had a bit of fun in the Panzer on the way back before I hit the M23 o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    WFH, in a Teams session listening to a girl with a funny voice. Should be listening at any rate. Just need to keep enough of an ear open to know if I ever need to concentrate. I'll probably miss any bits that are useful to me.
    Whilst shouting abuse at TLW sounds like a good idea it seems like a long way to go when I can abuse him virtually then go to the pub locally.
    Been a bit of a funny week, not had much sleep and completely knackered now. Looking forward to the weekend.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Morning peeps. WFW. Looking forward to ice cold beer later. 1st new starter probation BS passed with flying colours.

I'll definitely be having a few beers this evening Oxo. Have been getting up so early to drive some mornings this week it wasn't sensible to drink the evening before and I need to keep my weeks average up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Two Thousand Eight Hundred and Seven Dollars.

Beyond some faff pretending to make the show worthwhile like taking my blood pressure a few times and asking me how I "feel" on a scale of 1 to 10.. the procedure was all over in 26 minutes. Most of that was getting me lined up on the table correctly.

Oh, I did get a cup of tea and a sandwich after.

So far, no discernible difference now the local anaesthetic has worn off. They allege it can take some days to take effect properly, so will see.

Meanwhile, new BB arrived for roadie so I could fit the other cranks... except it requires a special sized tool to install, which of course I do NOT have. Phaaark. Have to take frame into LBS and get them to tighten up the BB cups for me as I don't think I can buy a tool locally to fit.

*Sigh*.

Is nothing simple any more?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_

Two Thousand Eight Hundred and Seven Dollars.

Is that Aussie rupees though, so about £25?

• veronese68
    Hope the injection works Spinner, may be just as well you can't do the bottom bracker if you should be looking after it for a bit. Or do you have to use it to get things going properly?
    Still feeling somewhat blue. Found out recently a friend topped themselves a little while ago, not a close friend by any stretch, but someone I was fond of. I just can't begin to imagine what it's like for the other half and kids left behind. Look after yourselves and those you care about.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Hope the injection works Spinner, may be just as well you can't do the bottom bracker if you should be looking after it for a bit. Or do you have to use it to get things going properly?
    Still feeling somewhat blue. Found out recently a friend topped themselves a little while ago, not a close friend by any stretch, but someone I was fond of. I just can't begin to imagine what it's like for the other half and kids left behind. Look after yourselves and those you care about.

Sorry to hear that V68. It's terrible when it happens and someone feels like their family would actually be better off without them.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    In happier news, I think I might need to join TLWs anonymous. Tonight will be my fourth night out on the lash in a row :#
  • Stevo_666

In happier news, I think I might need to join TLWs anonymous. Tonight will be my fourth night out on the lash in a row :#

I thought you'd already met him?

• veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

I was thinking it could be the new name for alcy's anonymous.
    Never actually met in person, at least I don't remember it if we did.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

It has a certain ring to it :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    thistle_ said:

Dundee, ken, in a Beefeater, ken. Actually rather tasty salad and grilled tuna steak, with a couple of BDog Punk IPAs to accompany. Much better than I had expected.

Visit (quite poss a last) to sole remaining auntie who will be 96 next month. Not seen in 6 years. She and husband, 94 and on the alz downslope but still sparky, have now been married for 70 years. Puts my fails into context. Some got it, some don't; me the latter.

Enjoyed seeing them again, and they enjoyed getting a visit from someone other than their (geographically distanced) sons and partners and the daily carers.
  • tlw1

Stevo_666 said:

You would remember
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

You would remember
    I suspect I'd remember the hangover 😂
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Had a lovely meal out last night. Put up with sister's short visit.
    The problem is, eating out is all about presentation. I had 2 courses and should have had 4.
    So wasn't fuelled up properly for todays long one. Legs are aching. Not even enough energy to shout abuse at TLW.

Why aren't you allowed psychological support?!

Tough one that VN. I have known 3 who've done the same.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Had a lovely meal out last night. Put up with sister's short visit.
    The problem is, eating out is all about presentation. I had 2 courses and should have had 4.
    So wasn't fuelled up properly for todays long one. Legs are aching. Not even enough energy to shout abuse at TLW.

Why aren't you allowed psychological support?!

I think some strange people pay for the torture:

"Crews may only walk alongside their runner to offer verbal assistance within a 20m radius of any checkpoint where outside assistance is tolerated."

21m and they set the starved, carnivorous sheep on you.
  • thistle_ said:

1500 quid!
  • pinno
    edited September 2021

thistle_ said:

1500 quid!
    'Kin ell. Didn't. they throw a blow job in to give the 'session' some VFM?
  • pinno
    [Censored?! = job after blow]
  • pinno said:

[Censored?! = job after blow]

Er, no thanks… 😵‍💫

• Hope the injection works Spinner, may be just as well you can't do the bottom bracker if you should be looking after it for a bit. Or do you have to use it to get things going properly?

That’s always tough news to hear V68, lost a few too many that way here too.

My “roadie” never leaves the house these days, now lives on a smart trainer thingy. I have 53/39 oval rings on it with an 11-28 block, but a fair few of the courses on the software have gradients up in the 15% range or more, and I find that pretty hard to do so am swapping to 50/34 and a slightly bigger cassette to trial.

I can sit on that and ride much more comfortably than out on the actual road nowadays.