ride, cafes, wfh, more bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    slow start and slow final taper run later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Easy day today besides, it's piddling down.

Where tf is everybody?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    pinno said:

Easy day today besides, it's piddling down.

Where tf is everybody?

I was going to ask the same thing.

Got woken early again which didn't help, took train into town, plenty of space although tube was a bit busier. Have to get back early as Mrs. 666 is doing the pickup run for Stropteen and her mate later on and I need to be home for when the hounds get delivered back to us. Junior hound tried to dig up a ground level wasps nest yesterday and got stung a couple of times for his troubles but seems to be fine.

Onwards to more caffeine.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Good day out yesterday, off again today so pottering about the place.
    Everyone on the marathon training group is biatching about a late start, I'm just glad I'll have time to get a good poo out :p
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1

Good day out yesterday, off again today so pottering about the place.
    Everyone on the marathon training group is biatching about a late start, I'm just glad I'll have time to get a good poo out :p

It will push it out for you somewhere round the course 😂

My race starts at 04:00 on Saturday, I think I will be doing a trail dump
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Saw a big marquee going up near Capel Curig today, I guess that's your poo tent?
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Saw a big marquee going up near Capel Curig today, I guess that's your poo tent?
    😂 yep, that is HQ
  • thistle_
    2nd Snowdonia attempt, 2nd failure. Fantastic views today:

Got to Llanberis early again, all kit present and correct but cloud was very low so thought that would be a stupid idea. Cloud never lifted all day either.
    Spotted a smaller mountain cloud free so attempted to scale it following the "easy route" but there was no path, the grass/scree was slippery and the cloud descended so made a speedy exit down, partly on my @rse because that seemed safer.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

2nd Snowdonia attempt, 2nd failure. Fantastic views today:

Got to Llanberis early again, all kit present and correct but cloud was very low so thought that would be a stupid idea. Cloud never lifted all day either.
    Spotted a smaller mountain cloud free so attempted to scale it following the "easy route" but there was no path, the grass/scree was slippery and the cloud descended so made a speedy exit down, partly on my @rse because that seemed safer.

Been up snowdon three time so far this year and had amazing views, mixed and none
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    oxoman said:

Morning. At work with heads down I suspect P. Trying to get everything done outside at my place prior to expected storms. May cry off tonight's xc meet up.

XC Meet up? you still Notts based? wheres this one.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

It will be like mini cairns marking the route.