Help With Frameset Identification - SAB??

Hello,

Can anyone identify the model of this frameset? Thanks,

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    SAB is an old minor Italian brand, bought by Planet X about 10 years ago. PX subsequently sold most if not all of SAB's remaining stock via their website. I bought one at the time - they were decent enough frames.

No idea what's going on with those tribars in the pic.
  • Think those are the Cinelli Spinacci clip on bars. The bag wrapped over the saddle is a little, er, dowdy…

But tidied up that has potential to look and ride just fine IMO.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    edited September 2021
    Difficult to tell anything for certain from those pix but I don’t think this is a high end frame. It’s made from Zero Tre, Deda’s entry level seamed cromo tubing used for cheaper bikes. The components look to me like Campag eight-speed stuff from the 90s. The ergo levers look similar to the Campag Mirage ones I had on my tourer in the 90s. The aero seat post looks similar to my Chorus one from the same period, although several companies made posts of that sort of appearance. The brakes look a bit chunky, possibly the Campag monoplaner from that era? The stem looks like an ITM cromo one I had on a road bike in the 90s. The headset appears to be a chunky alloy model. Chorus looked something like that but I can’t zoom out the pic enough to see.