tuesday the owls are not what they seem

'ning

bail early and find a suitable terrace for bubbly, snacks, bubbly, dinner and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Early walk with hounds as the week before a race I’m obviously developing bad back and neck 🤬

Youngest child still ill so I imagine tonight will be another marvel film
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Quiet in here innit.

I was up at Sungod o'clock today give junior and one of her vet friends a lift to their work experience on a dairy farm near Horsham. Got back by 7 and went back to bed. Still feeling pretty knackered though, lucky I'm wfh so may be able to nod off for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

WFW
    Going up a molehill later
  • Day off today so helping MrsHD, Alton Towers tomorrow!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo_666 said:

Got back by 7 and went back to bed.

Was it worth it?

Very foggy again. Went tootling across to Newton Tootin' for a spot of shopping and it was bathed in lovely sunshine.

Will try and actually speak to someone at DHL.
    Original consignment turned up in the hands of Royal Snail's world famous Parcel farce. Paid the customs and meanwhile the sender sent a replacement and I have been bashing my head trying to contact DHL to turn it around and send it back to Germany before it gets down the chain and ever more tricky.

This will not end well.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

Quiet in here innit.

I was up at Sungod o'clock today give junior and one of her vet friends a lift to their work experience on a dairy farm near Horsham. Got back by 7 and went back to bed. Still feeling pretty knackered though, lucky I'm wfh so may be able to nod off for a bit.

No farms in Kent?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

suspect I will be in the crosshairs of every school run driver later on the way home.

I had the novelty of a big queue of traffic at a roundabout today for the first time in over 18 months.
    And schools don't have a significant impact on traffic the local council keep telling their planning officers.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2021
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Got back by 7 and went back to bed.

Was it worth it?

Very foggy again. Went tootling across to Newton Tootin' for a spot of shopping and it was bathed in lovely sunshine.

Will try and actually speak to someone at DHL.
    Original consignment turned up in the hands of Royal Snail's world famous Parcel farce. Paid the customs and meanwhile the sender sent a replacement and I have been bashing my head trying to contact DHL to turn it around and send it back to Germany before it gets down the chain and ever more tricky.

This will not end well.

Yep, I was knucking fackered as I'd also been up since just gone 4am yesterday, due to getting woken by junior getting up to catch a lift with her friends mother and then not getting back to sleep properly. Had a snooze mid morning as well and now feeling better with the help of plenty coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH so it's lovely and sunny out there, will head out to a pub garden later. Looks like the lad may be home again for the next couple of weeks. Another person in the HMO he's in has been told to take a PCR as they are symptomatic. He doesn't want to jeopardise anything so is coming back rather than take a chance as he only got back there last night and hasn't seen any of the others. He's not been in any of the communal areas so sholud be good.
    Stevo, didn't you get Stropteen a gutless little car to avoid getting up at stupid o'cock? Is this jsut an excuse to blast the panzer on quiet roads or are you giving away the fact that you're not as much of a toser as you like to make out?
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    WFH so it's lovely and sunny out there, will head out to a pub garden later. Looks like the lad may be home again for the next couple of weeks. Another person in the HMO he's in has been told to take a PCR as they are symptomatic. He doesn't want to jeopardise anything so is coming back rather than take a chance as he only got back there last night and hasn't seen any of the others. He's not been in any of the communal areas so sholud be good.
    Stevo, didn't you get Stropteen a gutless little car to avoid getting up at stupid o'censored ? Is this jsut an excuse to blast the panzer on quiet roads or are you giving away the fact that you're not as much of a toser as you like to make out?

TBH she was so exhausted after doing the work yesterday that we thought it wasn't safe for her to drive to and from. It's work experience but with only a year of internet based learning under their belts they get all the heavy lifting stuff to do rather than treating sick calves etc. They were going to rent an AirB&B nearby for the week but the owner got COVID and cancelled on them.

I'd rather not get up at 4am just for a drive...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Evening chaps. Any nice saddle recommendations with cut outs for me? Been a while since my last splash of cash on a bike I don’t ride. Current saddle is a Specialized Romin jobby, supports the sit bones nicely, no numbness but is a hard as a board. Anything with a bit more cushion?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Why do effing lorry drivers hit bridges? M6 closed all day, even though Traffic England reckoned it would be cleared by lunchtime. Eh, no. So M1, A1, A66, add on a couple of hours. Pennine scenery was luvverly in the sunshine, is that a slight bonus?

First cold pint downed along with v excellent crispy haddock 'n' chips 'n' trimmings. Holidays are gooood.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Evening chaps. Any nice saddle recommendations with cut outs for me? Been a while since my last splash of cash on a bike I don’t ride. Current saddle is a Specialized Romin jobby, supports the sit bones nicely, no numbness but is a hard as a board. Anything with a bit more cushion?

Get a Selle ID match or work it out for yourself:

Find something to sit on that leaves your legs at 90 deg.
    Sit on a piece of corrugated card, legs together and bring your knees up so that it leaves 2 nice sit bone imprints.
    Find the centre of the indentations, measure the distance and add 10mm. That's the width of saddle you need.
    Find that width with cut out.

Incidentally, my saddles no longer have cut outs but do have a depression to take pressure off the perineum.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Rude just bloody rude , dont come on here for 3 years or so and you start to get snotty emails saying they re going to ex communicate you!

Good to see the usual retrobates are still around though :)
  • seanoconn
    tim_wand said:

Rude just bloody rude , dont come on here for 3 years or so and you start to get snotty emails saying they re going to ex communicate you!

Tim wand! The Time wand!? How the devil are you???

Come back, all is forgiven. We can start some Sh!t together 👍
  • thistle_
    tim_wand said:

"Your account is about to be closed. Please click here and enter your username and password to stop it happening" :wink:

And hello.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Sit on a piece of corrugated card, legs together and bring your knees up so that it leaves 2 nice sit bone imprints.
    Find the centre of the indentations, measure the distance and add 10mm. That's the width of saddle you need.

Incidentally, my saddles no longer have cut outs but do have a depression to take pressure off the perineum.
    Is a depression as good as a good cut? I’ve measured my @rse thoroughly and my missus @rse thoroughly just to be on the safe side.
  • Stevo_666
    tim_wand said:

Who the fark are you? :)
  • pinno
    tim_wand said:

A blast from the past.

Can you liven things up a little 'cos it's like the geriatrics waiting room in here?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Is a depression as good as a good cut? I’ve measured my @rse thoroughly and my missus @rse thoroughly just to be on the safe side.
    I've found the depression as good but more importantly, the right width and your sat better..
    Just to be sure to be sure, do you want me to measure your missusses @rse too?
  • pinno
    pinno said:

tim_wand said:

A blast from the past.

Can you liven things up a little 'cos it's like a geriatrics waiting room in here?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

pinno said:

tim_wand said:

A blast from the past.

Can you liven things up a little 'cos it's like a geriatrics waiting room in here?
    I see what you did there
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

I've found the depression as good but more importantly, the right width and your sat better..
    From side to side or back to front?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

From side to side or back to front?
    I shall be conducting a thorough examination. As I always say to Mrs P - 'I'm not a gynaecologist but i'll have a good look'.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

pinno said:

tim_wand said:

A blast from the past.

What are you waiting for? :)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

tim_wand said:

A blast from the past.

An incontinence pad delivery.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

tim_wand said:

A blast from the past.

An incontinence pad delivery.
    I hope they got there on time :o
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Ooh messy.

Plastic sheets innit.