my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

WFH
    WFW
    Yoga

Not sunny here yet, but it's not raining at least.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Off to sunny Wales today for a four day break. Hope to see the Tour of Britain coming through Llandudno.

The older I get, the better I was.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFW, so the joys of the toll road & M42 were enjoyed

Taper week so gentle run later

• Tour De Manc yesterday, 100 miles over some decent hills. One which had people walking up it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    What - no uplift on the hills?!

Foggy. Very foggy. 1 toots off school. Now extract myself from chores and go pedal in the fog and probably get wet in the process.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Nah, although the first one at 18% could have done with a chairlift.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321

Tour De Manc yesterday, 100 miles over some decent hills. One which had people walking up it.

Winner! 🥇 👍🥳🥳🥳
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Afternoon.

Well done HD, sounds like quite a tough one.

In office after my own little pedal - which started out in fog round my house but it's going to be a hot one on the way home. Junior had to get up to do some of her vet experience at a farm near Horsham starting at 6am so after being woken up not long after 4, I'm a bit tired. May head home early and enjoy the sunshine on the way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. First meeting with the new headmaster coming up. Could be interesting. Looks like rugby training will be Wednesday this week so a good chance to bring a suit in and leave it here ready for cycling into work occasionally. Helping with lateral flow tests next, then sports coaches meeting, then finally getting a chance to prepare for teaching tomorrow. It’s all go!
  • Quite a nice start to the week, sunny and calm for a walk on the beach. Posted some more stuff away. Shuffled into the clinic for a CT scan, probably another wasted dose of Sieverts. Physio again tomorrow then neck injection Thursday in an attempt to get myself into some sort of usable condition for the next few months.

Blimey I'm tired, and the real fun has barely begun.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Foggy, damp but very mild ride. Quite good in it's own way.
    Passed a small fishing port which meant it was fishy, warm and damp.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    WFW as is now normal for a Monday, warm but foggy wobble in today. As Stevo says it should be a warm one for the ride home. Unfortunately I have a backpack today as I had to carry some stuff in. Lots of stupid on the roads this morning, it's like our staff have been let out.
    Good going HD, that sky looks rather too blue to be around Manchester.
  • Cheers fellas, I've got my tan lines back!
    6680ft of climbing.
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35381109
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172

Afternoon folks,
    WFW as is now normal for a Monday, warm but foggy wobble in today. As Stevo says it should be a warm one for the ride home. Unfortunately I have a backpack today as I had to carry some stuff in. Lots of stupid on the roads this morning, it's like our staff have been let out.
    Good going HD, that sky looks rather too blue to be around Manchester.

Very warm at 5.30pm in C. London. But not a bad ride home. Knackered now, I deserve a drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    edited September 2021
    Indeed it was a warm one today. Sitting outside now as dusk deepens with a glass of; F it, off on holibobs tomorrow so why not on a Monday? Awaiting arrival of Spike #1 and / or 2,3 and 4, no signs yet. Wonder if last night's huff 'n' puff, get orf moi patch shenanigans involving 2 or more will have ongoing consequences?

1/2 of bike kit sorted out, should really do a bit of clothes packing tonight but hey ho, do it in the morning, more chance to forget summat.

Edit: 2 little piggies here and one has been tucking in, other one going 'Am I bovvered?'

Edit #2: close encounters of the hedgepig kind. Went to pack up outside put stuff away put cushions back in garage etc. Foot hit something. What's this? It's a Spike. Actually picked it up to check it was ok, prob not the best idea, talked to it, looked ok. They are spiky! Set it back down and it ran off to hide behind a plant tub.

Am I getting hoggy obsessed?