Tour of Britain "it doesn't come past my house" thread

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Pross said:

It came within about 1km of my house 3 years ago but it was rubbish as they were all together and through in seconds. There was also a finish literally outside my offices 4 years ago. We had a big party, it was lashing down and our TV feed was obviously delayed as the screen was showing about 500m to go when I turned around to see Groenewegen cross the line. We've got some nice prints of photos showing him crossing the line with all our branding in the background on the office walls.

Would have been weird if you had seen him finish on TV first
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Pa raver and I have done ok in Bodmin I think...

WvA for us!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Declerq earning his wages by not cycling by your house
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Cav working on the front for DQS? For Ballerini?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

Cav working on the front for DQS? For Ballerini?

JA?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,212
    Are we doing spoilers here or in the sh*t small races thread? All together with 12.5k to go, no idea what has happened as I only just remembered it was on. I thought Cornish roads may have done more damage.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Are we doing spoilers here or in the sh*t small races thread? All together with 12.5k to go, no idea what has happened as I only just remembered it was on. I thought Cornish roads may have done more damage.

A big tranche of domestic riders are off the back
  • Pross
    I assume it isn't expected to be a bunch sprint as the talk is of Cav riding for JA and Ineos riding for Hayter I think they said
  • mididoctors
    Crash ...not outside your house ...Israel and bike exchange riders
  • Pross
    edited September 2021
    Three down at the very back on a corner including George Bennett and Ben Tullett. Nothing serious looking though, Bennett was straight up but only 6k to go so will almost certainly lose time.

A few splits developing but most of the peloton together.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Cav got up those 14% slopes surprisingly well ( I know he’s riding for JA)
  • Pross
    Cavendish doing a great Meerkat impression
  • mididoctors
    Cavendish looking really fit
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2021
    DQS bossing it but ineos look dangerous
  • mididoctors
    Lethal roads
  • mididoctors
    JA blew up.not outside my house ... WVA easy off the wheel
  • Pross
    JA goes long but takes everyone with him. WVA wins, joy for Rick Chaseys globally. First 4 got a slight gap. Ineos led out with Hayter taking 4th. Movistar and DSM third and fourth but not sure who.
  • Some nice shots of the crowds and an empty road at the finish.
    The coverage made La Vuelta's look first rate.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Decent finish .. bit of a tricky approach
  • mididoctors

Some nice shots of the crowds and an empty road at the finish.
    The coverage made La Vuelta's look first rate.

Given the budgets involved? The vuelta director needs replacing
  • Commentator shouldn't be having to say "let's see who comes around the corner in the lead".
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581

Commentator shouldn't be having to say "let's see who comes around the corner in the lead".

Missed about 200m of the last 300.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I was looking around for cameras and helicopters wondering how this was all going to work...

Anyhow, my camera work was shoddy at best today. Usually my camera loves Wout but today was a fail.

Broke the cardinal rule of trying to follow the race too so looked at the bug screen and of course saw nothing.

Some nice post stage shots of riders rolling in/back to savour tho. I never appreciate what a bloomin' lump WvA is compared to some riders.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,221
    Legitimate question, can WvA win all stages?
  • Pross

Might need to share the TTT.

Great Orme might be a bit steep.
  • Was a touch disappointed with the route. Didn't spend much time near the coast (appreciate this could be tricky with road closures etc). Some heli shots would have helped.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,899

Was a touch disappointed with the route. Didn't spend much time near the coast (appreciate this could be tricky with road closures etc). Some heli shots would have helped.

Too much fog. Nearly didn't go to watch but it cleared enough about 10am to head out to the 1st KOM point but visibility still wasn't great even then.
  • mididoctors

Yes but he won't
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,899
    Ain't it always the way.....Fog through most of yesterday for Cornwall's biggest event in...well...ever.

Today? Blue skies and the sun shining. Sigh.
  • Stuck it on early to see the parts of Devon I know well, but not sure I can make it through a full day of ITV4's adverts!